PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots hope to avoid playing the Jaguars in Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Jaguars are motivated, this team is built for the cold weather, the Patriots defense is overrated and Jaguars QB David Garrard is underrated. Simply put, the Patriots should be worried."

OK, and the Jaguars wouldn't be worried about playing the Patriots? What a dumb article. And who is Jeremy Green?

If I were the Pats I wouldn't want to play Jax either. The way some teams have run on us, I wouldn't wan to face the MJD/Taylor 1-2 punch.

There is NO POTENTIAL PLAYOFF TEAM that I'd rather face than Jax. This is the same old stupid conventional "wisdom" we hear every year.

The Pats will play whomever, beat all comers and go 19-0. The media is F-ing ******ed. YAWN.

If I were the Pats I wouldn't want to play Jax either. The way some teams have run on us, I wouldn't wan to face the MJD/Taylor 1-2 punch.

I think this is a ridiculously simpleton-ish viewpoint. We will KILL Jacksonville. Our D is better than last year, and improving, and our offense is better (by light years) and we're playing at home, and not just at home but in FRIGID New England, while Jax hails from the balmy climes of Florida.

It won't even be close.

Last edited:
6. This Jags team is EXACTLY THE SAME as the team the pats beat in Jax last year with playoffs on the line for the Jags. Actually, it's not even as good, b/c this version is w/o Marcus Stroud.

No, Taylor was out for the Jags last year when we beat them. No dual RB threat. And Stroud's absence didn't hurt their running game this past weekend.

I think this is a ridiculously simpleton-ish viewpoint. We will KILL Jacksonville. Our D is better than last year, and improving, and our offense is better (by light years) and we're playing at home, and not just at home but in FRIGID New England, while Jax hails from the balmy climes of Florida.

It won't even be close.

I think the "Jacksonville is a warm weather team" thinking is itself pretty simpleton-sh. Did you see the snow during the Jags victory over the Steelers?

Bottom line is that offensively the Jags are more balanced than other teams we could face in our first playoff game. And they can't expect Garrard to beat us, but they CAN depend on Garrad to not lose the game for his team. And the Jags secondary is bad but weather could equalize that advantage.

So that's why this would be a tough matchup for us. Mike + Mike this morning jumped on their bandwagon, saying they are they only AFC playoff team besides us and Indy that has a shot at the SB.

We'll still probably win, in part because they will have had to win on the road the week before. But I would prefer an easier non-physical game to stay in the best condition for the AFCCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News