PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The past 7 years come full circle next Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its extremely impressive and frustrating to make it this far with a team lacking so much.Why can't we be loaded on both side like the 49ers or the Seahawks?

Yet the Colts/Manning exposed something that day I hadn't realized at that point - how they didn't have a good coverage linebacker once Pfifer retired. With Rodney on IR unable to play the hybrid role, they resorted to playing Eric freaking Alexander as coverage linebacker with not so good results

If the NE defense wasn't felled by norovirus (or whatever it was), NE would have won that game.

Its extremely impressive and frustrating to make it this far with a team lacking so much.Why can't we be loaded on both side like the 49ers or the Seahawks?
Would you remind as to what New England is lacking knowing ahead of time who the Patriots have on Injured Reserve. Seattle and San Francisco have not been afflicted with the injury curse to the same degree.

To me, I can't help but shake the feeling that win or lose, this team is a New England special edition given the murky waters it was forced to navigate beginning in June 2013 and the gangplank it was forced to walk as star after star found itself on IR. Through all that adversity, it's in the AFC Championship game with a shot at the Super Bowl having lost 3 of their starting front 7 on D (Pro Bowlers galore), an All Pro Tight End, A Pro Bowl Tight End and a 2nd Team All Pro Right Tackle.

Full circle or not, I'm in awe of what this team has achieved and strangely, I know it's not enough for them.

Attachments

• Manning Devil 1.jpg
    Manning Devil 1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Manning Devil 2.jpg
    Manning Devil 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 24
  • Brady god 1.jpg
    Brady god 1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Brady god 2.jpg
    Brady god 2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 24
First off, there were several questionable calls in that game that went against the Pats that I still don't agree with to this day. An official apology was given by the NFL later regarding the phantom face guarding penalty.

Right, and that call was the winning TD. Their previous TD came after a phantom 50 yard penalty on an overthrown pass deep down the middle.

The Polianning Rule had kicked in by 2006. :rolleyes:

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm sure most of you remember this day unless you have conveniently blacked it out. This is the day when somehow a rip in the space time continuum formed over that crap hole of a stadium in Indianapolis and we allowed The Great Satan, aka The Forehead, to come back from a 21-3 deficit and steal our chance at yet another Superbowl victory. Somehow we allowed The Forehead to reach the Superbowl in a year when even he couldn't screw up winning it.

We have spent the past 7 years in hell paying off the bad karma for this horrific crime against nature:

16-0, undefeated, the most prolific offense in NFL history only to lose the most important game of the year to a complete doofus in mind boggling fashion. Brady tears his ACL. One and done to the Ravens. One and done to the Jets after going 14-2 and securing HFA. Doofus Bowl the Second Coming. Gronk gets hurt again and again. One of our pistol selfie shooting TE's is charged with murder. We lose half the team to injuries.

I don't know which one of you jackwagons broke a mirror or stepped on a black cat 7 years ago but this crap has to stop.

Next Sunday is our chance to redeem ourselves. I suggest you all figure out what the hell you did to piss off the universe and atone for it immediately because we cannot continue living in this bizarro world.

I do not think it is any coincidence that we enter this game riding our running game and defense. You know, the things that we used to do back when we won Super Bowls. It is time to exorcise the demons that have haunted us the past 7 years.

BEGONE FOREHEAD, BACK TO HELL YOU GO! THE POWER OF BRADY COMPELS YOU!

It's only a game.

Refs stole a lombardi from us that day. Time to go get it back! Patriots aren't as talented as Denver but, they have a lot more heart. Feels a lot like 05 AFCCG vs the steelers. Nobody gave us a chance.

Refs stole a lombardi from us that day. Time to go get it back! Patriots aren't as talented as Denver but, they have a lot more heart. Feels a lot like 05 AFCCG vs the steelers. Nobody gave us a chance.

And it makes the wins that much sweeter.

Right, and that call was the winning TD. Their previous TD came after a phantom 50 yard penalty on an overthrown pass deep down the middle.

The Polianning Rule had kicked in by 2006. :rolleyes:
Not to mention the pass to Caldwell where Kelvin Hayden did literally everything that describes pass interference, didn't play the ball, contacted the wide out way before the ball was thrown, ball was very clearly catchable. That was easily the worse call of the game. Had to settle for 3. Then a very weak roughing the passer on TBC set up Addai's game winning(should have been game tying) touchdown. Game suck so much, it would be Brady 4, Peyton 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes