PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official When Will Glass Maroney Score a TD Thread. Post guesses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody rushes 25-30 times a game. Nobody. The league leader is 23.6. That's why we don't respect your argument. We can't argue against your opinion other than by saying our own. You don't listen to stats. Stats are apparently meaningless (UNLESS YOU START A THREAD WITH ONE!!!!).

Stats are meaningless if you don't think about them properly.

Your stat about the league leader averaging 23.6 carries does NOT show that nobody rushes 25-30 times a game. It shows that nobody rushes 25-30 times in EVERY game. To average almost 24 carries a game, a running back almost certainly has carried it 25 or more times in some games.

Your stat about the league leader averaging 23.6 carries does NOT show that nobody rushes 25-30 times a game. It shows that nobody rushes 25-30 times in EVERY game. To average almost 24 carries a game, a running back almost certainly has carried it 25 or more times in some games.

And, yet, only 5 players in the entire NFL are averaging more than 20 carries per game. Another misleading stat, no doubt.

Let's toss out yet another "misleading stat": Maroney is 25th in the league in attempts per game. Of all the runners in the top 25, Maroney is 5th in yards per carry.

And, yet, only 5 players in the entire NFL are averaging more than 20 carries per game. Another misleading stat, no doubt.

Let's toss out yet another "misleading stat": Maroney is 25th in the league in attempts per game. Of all the runners in the top 25, Maroney is 5th in yards per carry.

Oh puh-lease. I pointed out that nobody averaging 25-30 carries a game does not mean that nobody carries it 25-30 times a game. Nothing more. I didn't use the word 'misleading' nor make any other comment.

Yes it does. Nobody rushes 25-30 times a game. If I had said nobody rushes 25-30 times in a game you would have had me. Nobody rushes 25-30 times a game.

Oh puh-lease. I pointed out that nobody averaging 25-30 carries a game does not mean that nobody carries it 25-30 times a game. Nothing more. I didn't use the word 'misleading' nor make any other comment.

It means EXACTLY that. Nobody averaging 25-30 carries a game means that nobody carries it 25-30 times a game. "A game" means the average.

It means EXACTLY that. Nobody averaging 25-30 carries a game means that nobody carries it 25-30 times a game. "A game" means the average.

Heh, you are right, I overlooked that. :(

At the same time, I don't think the guy you replied to meant 25-30 carries per game. He referred to a '25-30 carries HORSE we may need down the stretch' - somebody who can do it if called upon.

How is Maroney's ypc misleading? What's misleading about that?

If anything I'd say his ypc is highly impressive. He is consistent, and his ypc isn't inflated by an 80 yard run. It's misleading because it doesn't support the "Maroney isn't any good" agenda.

Heh, you are right, I overlooked that. :(

At the same time, I don't think the guy you replied to meant 25-30 carries per game. He referred to a '25-30 carries HORSE we may need down the stretch' - somebody who can do it if called upon.

And how has Maroney proven that he can't do that? You can't prove you are capable of doing something unless you're given the opportunity to do it.

When will Laurence "I'm made out of Glass!" Maroney finally get into the end zone? Post guesses here. My guess is he won't score a TD all year long as I firmly believe he is allergic to the end zone. He is overrated and quickly becoming a dissapointment. I calls em' like I sees em'.

BTW, I am officially the President of the "please draft Darren McFadden in 2008" club.
You're clueless. Patriot running backs don't need to score a lot of TDs because their scoring often from long range.

And FYI, Maroney is ahead of Addai in yards-per-carry, 4.7 to 4.4.

Sports Advisor my a**, you're nothing but a sports clown.

I'm a pats fan. Obviously I can't be one because I'm not a homer and worship your boy Maroney, right? Please. Dude, your boy Maroney is a dud and you can't deal with it. Too bad.
Does us a favor and go root for the Dolphins.

And how has Maroney proven that he can't do that? You can't prove you are capable of doing something unless you're given the opportunity to do it.

Yep, very true.

Time may tell, or he may never need to be given the opportunity.

Why, because I don't worship EVERY single player on the Pats??? No, I'm not a troll, I just call it likes I see it. Sorry if I don't speak the language of pats homer nation.
How about Kevin Faulk. He only scored his first TD last week. Is he pretty close to being a bust, too?

You're extrememly naive and certainly not very knowledgable about football if scoring TD is the only thing important. That you make such a post speaks more about you than it does Laurence Maroney.

I hope you guys dont let this kid persist. Dropping a 'GD' bomb? are you kidding me? Please handle this.

A GD bomb? Is this kindergarten?????????? Good lord, this is an adult forum for cris sakes and you are cryin about a GD bomb? You are too much.

Some of you crack me up. Because god forbid I don't think Maroney has lived up to his 1st Rd status and is closer to mediocre than GREAT, I am a bad fan and should go root for another team?? Puhleaze. Hey, I live and die with this team. I want this team to go 19-0 and go down as the best ever. I think we will go 19-0. All I'm saying is Maroney dissapoints me because I expect more from this guy. You guys can hoot and holler all you want about his YPC, but guess what? Sammy friggen Morris(a JAG on 3 other teams in this league) came in here and performed every bit as good, if not better, than Maroney running behind this offensive line and having the luxury of playing against defenses that are more worried about the pass than the run. I never said Maroney was a stiff. All I said was he is GOOD not GREAT and that the guy cannot be depended upon because he is always nicked up. For cris sakes, the guy only averages 12-15 carries a game and is always nicked up, what would happen if he had to carry the load over a 3-4 game stretch in december-january when we may need a HORSE to carry the rock 25-30 times a game???? When has he EVER proven he can do it? And, honestly, do you guys sip the kool aid that much to actually believe Belichick keeps this guy on the sideline inside the 10 in favor of Heath Evans and Kevin Faulk because he wants to protect Maroney's body? Puhleaze. This is the same coach that was sending Corey Dillon in inside the 10 all the time in 2004 when we had nobody as a suitable backup. So, please, spare me the BS. Maroney doesn't get the ball inside the 10 because he is not better than Sammy Morris and the immortal Heath Evans in those situations, in the eyes of the coach. Plus, what is Maroney's longest rush this year?????? It's not like this guy is a home run hitter either. Again, sorry to break the news to you HOMERS, but Maroney is much closer to AVERAGE than he is to being GREAT. Bottom line.

Last edited:
A GD bomb? Is this kindergarten?????????? Good lord, this is an adult forum for cris sakes and you are cryin about a GD bomb? You are too much.

I find it hard to believe we actually pull for the same team. Your ridiculous act is beyond embarssment.

I find it hard to believe we actually pull for the same team. Your ridiculous act is beyond embarssment.

What ridiculous act is that? That, god forbid, I don't think Laurence Maroney is that good? OMG, what a bad fan I am, LOL!!! Are you serious dude? Really, I mean, you might want to take a step back and realize that some fans(ie NOT HOMERS) don't worship every player on THEIR team. The difference between you and me is simple. You are a HOMER. I am a FAN. I calls em' like I sees em'.

What ridiculous act is that? That, god forbid, I don't think Laurence Maroney is that good? OMG, what a bad fan I am, LOL!!! Are you serious dude? Really, I mean, you might want to take a step back and realize that some fans(ie NOT HOMERS) don't worship every player on THEIR team. The difference between you and me is simple. You are a HOMER. I am a FAN. I calls em' like I sees em'.

No. Youre a troll looking to pick a fight, and youre using Maroney as your instrument. This is no longer even about the guy. Its about you just being abusive for no real purpose. Toward people who supposedly you should have some liking towards. Why all the fret over a guy 'underachieving'? There have been a ton of points made about why the guy's not having a huge year. But the major one is that he spent all offseason rehabbing from shoulder surgery and didnt come into the season well-prepared. The same shoulder that was injured half of last season that the kid was dealing with. He's obviously not playing up to his potential. And at this point, he's being spared the overwork for a stretch run because his backup's down. We all know this basic stuff. Id continue to make logical points, but its just not what youre looking to hear. You wanna continue to just say the kid's a scrub and a bust and that we're all blind homers for defending him. And it sounds like your having a lovely time with the whole thing. You know you can get the same kind of action at any of the other NFL boards. What's the joy in mixing it up with fellow fans? The insults? the language? The abuse? seriously.

No. Youre a troll looking to pick a fight, and youre using Maroney as your instrument. This is no longer even about the guy. Its about you just being abusive for no real purpose. Toward people who supposedly you should have some liking towards. Why all the fret over a guy 'underachieving'? There have been a ton of points made about why the guy's not having a huge year. But the major one is that he spent all offseason rehabbing from shoulder surgery and didnt come into the season well-prepared. The same shoulder that was injured half of last season that the kid was dealing with. He's obviously not playing up to his potential. And at this point, he's being spared the overwork for a stretch run because his backup's down. We all know this basic stuff. Id continue to make logical points, but its just not what youre looking to hear. You wanna continue to just say the kid's a scrub and a bust and that we're all blind homers for defending him. And it sounds like your having a lovely time with the whole thing. You know you can get the same kind of action at any of the other NFL boards. What's the joy in mixing it up with fellow fans? The insults? the language? The abuse? seriously.

Wow, you are sad. Pick a fight? Abusive? Dude, it's a message board!!!!! It is a forum to discuss topics and agree or disagree. If I don't like Maroney, than guess what? I am going to say it. If you disagree, that's perfectly fine. Howver, to say I am here looking for a fight or being abusive is absolutely absurd and, quite frankly, hilarious. I mean, excuse me if I want my team to get better performance out of the running back that we drafted in the 1st Rd. You say I should cut him slack because he was hurt last year and had surgery? That's my point!!! He's made out of glass! Yet, according to you, we would be foolish to draft another running back in the draft? Ya, ok.:rolleyes:

Tom Brady sucks. Why do I say that? Because I'm not a homer.

That is the argument you are making, inserting Maroney for Brady. Are you serious, dude? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, btw, learn to read. I NEVER said he was a stiff or a scrub. I said he was good, NOT great. I said he was closer to average than great. I said he cannot be depended upon. I said he is useless inside the 10. Is that what you want me to be satisfied with from a guy we drafted #22 in the entire draft? Sorry, but I hold #22 draft picks to HIGHER STANDARDS. Silly me.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes