PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

Meaningless win against an awful team with a lame duck head coach.

There’s no way Miami takes a qb with 3.

No? Did you watch Tua? He got pulled because he was so bad. In his interviews he said that the NFL is not too tough, essentially saying easier than he thought. Miami might move on from Tua. Arizona moved on from Josh Rosen in a year and are very glad they did it.

So if it’s true, and it should be, that the Pats are not bringing Cam back, why wouldn’t you play Stidham in this game?

Aside from not wanting to lose to the Jets, why not give the kid a start? I have no faith in Stidham, and don’t think he is a starting NFL QB, but why not play him these last two weeks?

I really don’t see a reason why he didn’t play.

This season was Cam's preseason for next year. He needs all the practice he can get in the system.

Nice to end the season on a positive note. Good game by Sony, nice to see my binkie Asasi score a TD...he is going to be a good player. Always good to
beat the Jets. Disappointing season but I think we have some good building blocks going forward.

Let's discuss!!!
I would have preferred a loss for a top 10 draft pick. But whatever’s we couldn’t suck worse than the Jets. Now who do we pick in the draft?

Here’s our Buffalo Felger and Mazz

He might be right. Darnold looks ruined, and Tua was pulled for Fitzpatrick. I think the JETE will trade Darnold, draft a new QB and sign a veteran for 2021 - similar to the Pats.

Bye Cam! Its been real. It hasn't been fun. And it hasn't been real fun.

So if it’s true, and it should be, that the Pats are not bringing Cam back, why wouldn’t you play Stidham in this game?

Aside from not wanting to lose to the Jets, why not give the kid a start? I have no faith in Stidham, and don’t think he is a starting NFL QB, but why not play him these last two weeks?

I really don’t see a reason why he didn’t play.

I am not disagreeing with you but thought I might try to answer your question.

Remember when Brady got hurt and the team stranded Chris Sims at Logan after he had flown in to try out for a veteran backup QB spot? BB told him to go home and not come to Foxboro because he was scared of spooking Cassel (Cassel might have lost his confidence). Darnold is ruined, Wentz is ruined, Tua looks rattled. What advantage is there to playing Stidham in two meaningless games if he is not ready? So the Pats give him one more offseason and one more preseason to settle in, and maybe he gains confidence that matches his natural ability.

We will see. BB is a smart guy and Stidham is one of the most natural throwers. Stid is not a problem, not at stip clubs on game day, but looks like he pees his pants whenever he plays. Maybe Stid needs one more offseasona and a full preseason. If he was ready for the Bills and JETEs games, he will be ready in Sept. 2021.

I would have preferred a loss for a top 10 draft pick. But whatever’s we couldn’t suck worse than the Jets. Now who do we pick in the draft?
Just to close the loop here - given how the afternoon games played out, had the Patriots lost to the Jets they would have had pick 12. Instead they have pick 15.

If you watch the A22, Harry has been open more than you think. It shocked me.
For just the targeted separation stats, Meyers finished the season averaging 3.4yds, Byrd at 3, and Harry at 2.9. Too bad it doesn't include what you've probably seen as far as our QB not looking their way even though they're wide open. No one on the Pats got more than 2.9 last year. Heck Allen Robinson got 2.3 this year.

[Edit: looks like this was mentioned just before my post]. Tankers, it looks like a loss today would've moved us from #15 to #12. Whoopdeefrickindoo! And BB would've lost to the team he resigned from and called the event "one of the great moments of my career." You think he'd intentionally lose to the team that brought about Spygate?

According to Howe, Pats would be picking 12 with a loss today. Instead they are picking 15. FWIW.

you got a better chance of seeing God...
You think? I think that wine and cheese crowd is gonna be out. You're getting the drunk loud mouths like me now

That could be the difference between getting the guy they want versus settling for someone else.
Or it could not. Do you sacrifice your integrity for that?

a nice reminder that no matter how bad things get, at least we aren't Jete fans

Meanwhile Red Auerbach reincarnated seen working in the Dolphins front office. Highway robbery for Tunsil still paying dividends.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back