PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

House has been undergoing a big remodel, so I didn't get the chance to watch today. First game I've missed in probably a decade. Sucks that it was the first real meaningless game too.

Bullet points? Anything noteworthy besides cam throwing 3 tds against the 2nd worst team in football?

Or it could not. Do you sacrifice your integrity for that?
Considering spygate, deflate gate, and most recently losing a pick because the pats camera crew filmed the browns and steelers tanking this game would have been pretty low on the lack of integrity list.

Last edited:
Heads are going go explode when BB trades back, maybe more than once, to get more picks. Then takes a DT or a DE.
That’s why I’m going in with low expectations of a draft splash. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised then sorely disappointed.

7 wins from this team is unreal. Probably any other coach gets 3-4 tops.

We’re on to the off-season.
BB Coach of fhe Year for 7 wins!! So happy with 7 wins. Amazing year. I finally understand how the resf of league feels every year.

Considering spygate, deflate gate, and most recently losing a pick because the pats camera crew filmed the browns and steelers tanking this game would have been pretty low on the lack of integrity list.

It was a Kraft Entertainment crew filming b-roll of the Bengals.

It was a fun ending to a weird season that always felt somewhat disjointed and surreal.

If this is it then I am very happy for Cam that he got to go out on a high note. It seemed to me like especially after the COVID break he seemed to be slowed down by a mix of being overwhelmed by all the bells and whistles of a McDaniels offense, having the yips on shorter throws and a combination of inconsistent pass-pro and skill position player dropping balls. Against the Jets all that weight over him seemed to be gone and he played more lightweight. And it was maybe his best game of the season. He certainly brings a ****ton of positive energy and infectious leadership to the locker room and for that he will be surely missed if the team decides to move on.

If only he could have been more consistent and put more games like today on display then things would have been a lot different.

Apart from that the only thing I want to highlight is that I hope we can retain Lawrence Guy. There was a play in the fourth quarter with about 8min remaining a in meaningless game in a disappointing season and he was still arguing with the refs about the exact spot the ball should be placed. He gets it and I hope we get to see that Guy again next year.

Throwing a game is far worse than any of those things, even if any of them were real, which they were not.

I don't feel sorry for Cam. He was terrible for the most part. It's okay to say it. His days as a starting NFL QB are over or very close to over.

It probably would have been dealt with the same way. I wouldn't put anything past this league. The day when BB retires is the day that it stops.

House has been undergoing a big remodel, so I didn't get the chance to watch today. First game I've missed in probably a decade. Sucks that it was the first real meaningless game too.

Bullet points? Anything noteworthy besides cam throwing 3 tds against the 2nd worst team in football?
Michel was used in the passing game - FINALLY - and was 3-for-3 for 60 yards and a 31-yard TD. He looked very comfortable in that role, which surprises no one who watched him at Georgia. He also went 16 for 76 yards running. Looked fast through the line.

Asiasi had three targets (one was a terrible throw) and caught two. 1 for a 3rd-down conversion and one for a TD. Baby steps, sure, but at least they actually threw a ball at a TE! Keene had a catch, too.

Gunner got the PR return record for the Pats, I believe. Even caught a couple of passes. I think he'll be around for a while.

On defense, Dugger, Jon Jones, Bentley, Winovich, and, yes, JJ Williams all looked good - at lest, as far as I could see half-watching the game.

It was a good win against a suck team. The JETES didn't give up - they had nothing to gain or lose here, except the win - but they were outmatched up and down the field.

In short, it's the kind of win that makes you think a couple of additions, a consistent QB, and this team can get back in the tournament sooner than most here seem to believe. They've got a lot of good, young, cheap, building blocks.

It probably would have been dealt with the same way. I wouldn't put anything past this league. The day when BB retires is the day that it stops.
If BB had done what the Eagles did yesterday, I have no doubt they would have been whacked for it - maybe losing draft position, or that pick, even.

Michel was used in the passing game - FINALLY - and was 3-for-3 for 60 yards and a 31-yard TD. He looked very comfortable in that role, which surprises no one who watched him at Georgia. He also went 16 for 76 yards running. Looked fast through the line.

Asiasi had three targets (one was a terrible throw) and caught two. 1 for a 3rd-down conversion and one for a TD. Baby steps, sure, but at least they actually threw a ball at a TE! Keene had a catch, too.

Gunner got the PR return record for the Pats, I believe. Even caught a couple of passes. I think he'll be around for a while.

On defense, Dugger, Jon Jones, Bentley, Winovich, and, yes, JJ Williams all looked good - at lest, as far as I could see half-watching the game.

It was a good win against a suck team. The JETES didn't give up - they had nothing to gain or lose here, except the win - but they were outmatched up and down the field.

In short, it's the kind of win that makes you think a couple of additions, a consistent QB, and this team can get back in the tournament sooner than most here seem to believe. They've got a lot of good, young, cheap, building blocks.
I wouldn't take too many things away from this game. The Jets are the second-worst team in the league and they were hardly motivated yesterday.

Look , another terrible Belichick draft pick.!

Look , another terrible Belichick draft pick.!

technically he was an undrafted free agent, which no one disputs BB is the master of

Let's see how many Pats follow Brady to Tampa. I can pretty much guarentee that TB12 is already calling James White and I would be shocked if he doesn't sign with Tampa (Brady and his mother lives in Florida). Tampa has a decent Center, so I don't think that Andrews falls into this category.

Lol what? He has missed like 6 career games with actual injuries. You can't seriously be holding blood clots against him?
Did he miss games because of the blood clots? Yes or no?

With the 15th pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Patriots trade out to 24th, acquiring _______'s pick at 24 and their pick at 56.

Fans lose their minds.

With the 24th pick in the 2021 the Patriots trade out for ________'s 2022 first round pick and their third round pick this year (95)

Fans riot, board melts down.

Second round: The Patriots trade the acquired pick at 56 and their own pick at 46 to pick at #34, the second pick in the 2nd round, selecting some guy from 1AA. A team captain, of high character and strong work ethic.

Bill gloats. Look how smart I am.

With the 35th pick in the NFL draft, The Dolphins select a future HoFer that one of Bill's coaching buddies didn't love for some unknown reason.

Ok, that's out of my system.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back