PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official When Will Glass Maroney Score a TD Thread. Post guesses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't want to discuss anything. He just wants to troll. Notice how he never uses anything of substance like, you know, the facts. "Maroney is glass!" Yeah, great discussion there.

Horse ****. If you say anything NEGATIVE about Maroney people jump all over you.If you question Maroney's durabilty or lack of td's people scoff at the notion.

Here are the facts the homer brigade wont allow anyone to discuss.

Maroney has missed a lot of time this year. Maroney was banged up all last year , and he did nothing in the playoffs.

Maroney has already had major surgery at the age of 22.

Maroney has yet to have back to back big yardage games. Maroney has no td's on the season. In this O he should have at least a td. The passing game is insane. Hell he is yet to have a big game period.

Why hasent Maroney broke a few tackles got into the secondary and taken it to the house over the last NINE games. Including the playoff games he has not done anything big in a longgg time.

Maroney was a highly touted first round pick who people are happy with getting 15 carries a game and just staying healthy.

Maroney improved ypc avg has more to do with the new passing game then improvement in his game.

Maroney still hesitates before he hits the hole.

I think Maroney has the skill and the talent to be a big part of this team. The facts are that he has been somewhat off a dissapointment at this point. If you told everyone on this board Maroney would be carrying the ball 15 times per game and would have no td's over nine games when he was supposed to be the full time back during draft day when he was drafted, you would be ran off the board.

Last edited:
Maroney has had some decent games in the short time he has been healthy but the only game I can say since he was drafted where he was really a factor is in the Bengals game last year,Otherwise hes been an average back at best in every game since.

How can anyone in here legitimately say Maroney has been a great back on a regular basis? - If you do, your full of ****

Some of those stats are misleading like so many are all over the NFL stats board,It takes an all around player to be great - I have yet to see that from MO and the injury problem,even though its not his fault must subside in the next year or two or we need to look deeper in FA or the draft in 2010 if he is not fully an accomplished professional athlete in his position by then.

I have no problem with people criticizing a player on the Patriots. I do take serious issue to irrational statements based on a small sample of data. And that's what danny88, national sports yadayada, and the ilk do.

Maroney is doomed to fail, regardless of what he does. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm not going to do deny any of the facts Danny88 posted, but I will say that we all can't have very young players performing like Adrian Peterson, etc. out of the gates. It takes time for some players to develop. Willie Parker was inconsistent trash who was just fast until last season. Highly denouncing a very young player who is just learning isn't fair.

If Maroney does flourish, I don't want to hear anything from the people on this board who had no patience with a young and learning player.

Why is everyone attacking this person like he is a virus, he has an opinion and wanted to discuss it. And I know alot of people question wether or not maroney was worth the ist round pick . I know when we have aquarterback that runs it in from the goal line instead of a back, there is something wrong. I think maroney is a good back but at this time I don't believe that he is the full package. maybe next year.

Threads like this:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=66167

don't help his case much. The guy is a troll, trying to disguise himself as a Patriots fan. Who cares about touchdowns, anyway? I want my running back to pick up 4+ yards a carry, which Maroney easily does. As long as the ball is getting in the endzone, which it is this year at a record rate, I don't really care who's scoring them. Maroney may not be a great goalline back, it's hard to tell without him getting more carries in there, but even if he isn't, so what? That's a small part of the package. Running between the twenties, picking up first downs, chewing up the clock, pass protecting and catching passes effectively out of the backfield are all much more important than getting into the endzone.

Maroney has had some decent games in the short time he has been healthy but the only game I can say since he was drafted where he was really a factor is in the Bengals game last year,Otherwise hes been an average back at best in every game since.

How can anyone in here legitimately say Maroney has been a great back on a regular basis? - If you do, your full of ****

Some of those stats are misleading like so many are all over the NFL stats board,It takes an all around player to be great - I have yet to see that from MO and the injury problem,even though its not his fault must subside in the next year or two or we need to look deeper in FA or the draft in 2010 if he is not fully an accomplished professional athlete in his position by then.

This post is right on. If you say anything negative about Maroney everyone claims you are a rival fan. I would love to see what the same people would say on draft day last year after we took Maroney if I told them he would have zero td's nine games into a historic season. Or that he was carrying the ball 15 times per game and injured for half the season. Or that he would do little nothing during the playoffs.

They would call me insane.

Last edited:
This post is right on. If you say anything negative about Maroney everyone claims you are a rival fan. I would love to see what the same people would say on draft day last year after we took Maroney if I told them he would have zero td's nine games into a historic season. Or that he was carrying the ball 15 times per game and injured for half the season. Or that he would do little nothing during the playoffs.

Half the season? You're a ******* agenda-driven moron.

I have no problem with people criticizing a player on the Patriots. I do take serious issue to irrational statements based on a small sample of data. And that's what danny88, national sports yadayada, and the ilk do.

Maroney is doomed to fail, regardless of what he does. :rolleyes:

Unreal. What did I post that was a lie in my other post. I never said he was doomed. I am talking about WHAT HE HAS DONE TO THIS POINT :bricks:

Id tell you, as long as we're undefeated entering week 11, who friggin' cares?? And then Id say shut your pie hole and quit bashing one of your own guys.

Like I said by 2010 if Maroney has yet to become the full time back he was drafted for, he needs to be a backup to someone who will be able to do just that - Lets give him until then to prove guys like me are wrong.

But theres no argument he has not been what was expected at this time,So far in his short career he is playing more like a mid rounder but like another poster said, not every back can come out of college and play like Adrian Peterson has done this year..

I'm not going to do deny any of the facts Danny88 posted, but I will say that we all can't have very young players performing like Adrian Peterson, etc. out of the gates. It takes time for some players to develop. Willie Parker was inconsistent trash who was just fast until last season. Highly denouncing a very young player who is just learning isn't fair.

If Maroney does flourish, I don't want to hear anything from the people on this board who had no patience with a young and learning player.

I will admit I was wrong and be happy as a pig in **** If Maroney develops into what he was supposed to be when we drafted him. I swear.

Last edited:
Well let's give this 22-year old a little more time before we throw the towel in on him. I know National Sports Advisor wants Darren McFadden already, when there are more pressing needs on this team.

Id tell you, as long as we're undefeated entering week 11, who friggin' cares?? And then Id say shut your pie hole and quit bashing one of your own guys.

I personally don't see a problem with being honest about not being so impressed with one of the guys.

While its true as long as we are winnig it does not matter is correct butit does not mean every player is dynamic.

If you were a Falcon's fan would you bash Michael Vick who is one of your guys - Would you bash Pacman Jones if you were a Tennessee fan? - You bet you as- you would -
of course way different scenerios but nevertheless the players are still on contract and a part of the team.

Well let's give this 22-year old a little more time before we throw the towel in on him. I know National Sports Advisor wants Darren McFadden already, when there are more pressing needs on this team.

I agree. I dont want to give up on him. I am just being HONEST about how he has done so far. In other news Freeney is out for the year.

I personally don't see a problem with being honest about not being so impressed with one of the guys.

While its true as long as we are winnig it does not matter is correct butit does not mean every player is dynamic.

If you were a Falcon's fan would you bash Michael Vick who is one of your guys - Would you bash Pacman Jones if you were a Tennessee fan? - You bet you as- you would -
of course way different scenerios but nevertheless the players are still on contract and a part of the team.

Thankfully Ill never be a Falcon or Titan fan, so Im not drifting down that particular stream. Of course Maroney has underachieved to all of our expectations, but fortunately for us, he's playing on a great team with a smart group of coaches who not best how to prepare, manage, and best utilize players. Im sure Belichick understands better than anyone exactly what it is he needs to get out of Maroney. Im sure he understands he's come nowhere close to reaching his potential. Im also sure he's not about to give up on the guy. But there's a big difference between being objective and being downright brutally insulting. And some of us have unfortunately witnessed a truckload of the latter here on the board today towards Maroney. And its been really kindof embarassing.

I don't care about other RB's. I care about the RB on my team. If other teams have fine china RB's, than that's their problem. My point is Maroney is a 20 to 20 runner who almost never carries the rock inside the 10, thus making his YPC misleading because he doesn't have to rack up the no gain, 1, 2, and 3 yard carries that all the BIG TIME backs get when they run inside the 10. Plus, add that to the fact that he is the RB on the most explosive passing offense the NFL might have ever seen and of course his YPC is going to look good because defenses sit back and play the pass!! Wow, Sammy friggen Morris was also averaging 4.5 YPC and he carried the rock INSIDE the 10 to boot!! Do you people watch football or what? If you are trying to tell me that Maroney is a complete back than you are doing a poor job of it. The guy carries the ball 12-15 times a game, he is always nicked up, and he can't get us the tough yards inside the 10 because, if he could, he would be getting the ball down there! The guy is Mr. AVERAGE, Mr. MEDIOCRE.

He is an average starting running back, not an unbelieveable stud, but he will have his moments and he is still a threat to go all the way. He is going to be a threat in the open field. He is fast. His hands seem pretty good.

Is he a disappoinment? Possibly. But that doesn't mean that we just kick him to the curb and draft another running back.

You really come off as a troll. I have trouble believing you are a pats fan by the way you act. I like to be objective about the pros and cons of all our players, but I don't think I sound like a troll.

You, on the other hand...

He is an average starting running back, not an unbelieveable stud, but he will have his moments and he is still a threat to go all the way. He is going to be a threat in the open field. He is fast. His hands seem pretty good.

Is he a disappoinment? Possibly. But that doesn't mean that we just kick him to the curb and draft another running back.

You really come off as a troll. I have trouble believing you are a pats fan by the way you act. I like to be objective about the pros and cons of all our players, but I don't think I sound like a troll.

You, on the other hand...

He's definitely a troll, and he got reported today twice that Im personally aware of, so hopefully that situation got handled the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back