PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official When Will Glass Maroney Score a TD Thread. Post guesses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you are sad. Pick a fight? Abusive? Dude, it's a message board!!!!! It is a forum to discuss topics and agree or disagree. If I don't like Maroney, than guess what? I am going to say it. If you disagree, that's perfectly fine. Howver, to say I am here looking for a fight or being abusive is absolutely absurd and, quite frankly, hilarious. I mean, excuse me if I want my team to get better performance out of the running back that we drafted in the 1st Rd. You say I should cut him slack because he was hurt last year and had surgery? That's my point!!! He's made out of glass! Yet, according to you, we would be foolish to draft another running back in the draft? Ya, ok.:rolleyes:

youre funny guy. enjoy. ill just steer clear. take it easy on my team. we've got a bad enough rep as it is.

Tom Brady sucks. Why do I say that? Because I'm not a homer.

That is the argument you are making, inserting Maroney for Brady. Are you serious, dude? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, so now we are comparing Maroney to Brady? Dude, you are unreal. If you can't see why Maroney is a dissapointment so far than you probably never understood why GUYS LIKE ME wanted Bledsoe's act out of town before Mo Lewis did the damm job for us!:D

Last edited:
youre funny guy. enjoy. ill just steer clear. take it easy on my team. we've got a bad enough rep as it is.

This board needs fans like me. Otherwise, it would be a never ending love fest on this board. Hey, I love the Pats. I bite my nails, sweat, shake, and my heart pounds relentlessly when we play. You won't find a guy that takes losses worse than me. However, I just want to DOMINATE every damm game, every damm position, every damm draft, etc.... We already got the best QB, WR, Offensive Line, Coach, Defensive Line, Stadium, and Owner. I want the best running back too, ok? In my opinion, Glass Maroney has been a dissapointment and it pisses me off. I either want him to prove me wrong and become a damm man, take his skirt off, stop dancing, and dominate games or I want us to find somebody that can. Bottom line.:D

Wow, so now we are comparing Maroney to Brady? Dude, you are unreal. If you can't see why Maroney is a dissapointment so far than you probably never understood why GUYS LIKE ME wanted Bledsoe's act out of town before Mo Lewis did the damm job for us!:D

It must be refreshing to always stand for what is good and right.

This board needs fans like me. Otherwise, it would be a never ending love fest on this board. Hey, I love the Pats. I bite my nails, sweat, shake, and my heart pounds relentlessly when we play. You won't find a guy that takes losses worse than me. However, I just want to DOMINATE every damm game, every damm position, every damm draft, etc.... We already got the best QB, WR, Offensive Line, Coach, Defensive Line, Stadium, and Owner. I want the best running back too, ok? In my opinion, Glass Maroney has been a dissapointment and it pisses me off. I either want him to prove me wrong and become a damm man, take his skirt off, stop dancing, and dominate games or I want us to find somebody that can. Bottom line.:D

We know how hard you take even potential losses. You were crying during the Colts game. Even started a thread about it. Would have though a bit of a sabbatical would have been warranted after that disgrace.

Last edited:
you aren't a fan--you are a jerk--this board needs you and your ilk like it needs more steeler and colt fans

I'm a jerk? Are you Glass's mother? Good lord. I'm a big meanie because I don't think Glass is living up to his 1st Rd draft status. :D

I'm a jerk? Are you Glass's mother? Good lord. I'm a big meanie because I don't think Glass is living up to his 1st Rd draft status. :D

no, it is the aggressive demeanor, refusal to entertain constructive dialog and general immaturity

ranting is not a good quality, and you do it in spades

All this YPC stuff is crap. Hey, listen, is Maroney better than LT because he has a better YPC???? The answer is HELL NO. Use your eyes and tell me if you see Maroney as a top 10 back in this league? I mean, really, stats are not the whole goddamm story. Was Peyton better than Brady the last 5 years because he threw for more yards, had more TDs, and had a better QB rating? I don't think so. The same people saying Maroney is a stud and better than other RB's because he has a better YPC are the same people saying Manning's stats don't mean sh*t because he had better weapons. Guess what??? Maroney is not the #1 guy oppossing defenses try to stop like LT, Larry Johnson, and Adrian Peterson are!! Oppossing defenseses have to worry about Moss, Welker, Stallworth, and Brady #1. Maroney gets yards given to him the same way Addai had yards given to him by us when we played the Colts and tried to take away Dallas Clark. Man, you guys just don't see it. Maroney is not a pro bowl player and probably never will be, in my opinion. The YPC stat is the only thing you guys have to hang your hat on because he scores ZERO Td's, doesn't scare any defenses, and is almost always nicked up. I guess Bledsoe was better than Troy Aikman, because afterall he threw for more yards and TD's, right???? The homerism here is unreal. Sorry if I don't bow down and worship EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on this team. I also think Heath Evans sucks too so y'all can hate me for that too. :D

I'm getting confused. For most of this thread, you've been downing Maroney because he hasn't gotten in the endzone enough but now you're trying to prove that having better stats doesn't make you a better player.

"Ya, ok, what's his rank amongst RB's for doing what's actually important............like scoring TD's? Riddle me that ranking professor."

You can't have it both ways. Are TDs important or aren't they? If TDs is all that matters at the RB position, then Corey Dillon was much better than Frank Gore and Tiki Barber last season, even though they finished 3rd and 4th in yards per game.

Going by rookie seasons, Maroney scored a TD every 29 rushing attempts. Tomlinson scored one every 33 attempts.

You're all over the place. You claim you never said he was bad, just good, not great, but then call him a "dud" when people defend him.

As for Maroney, I too would like to see him have a bigger impact. I'd like to see him bust a few more long runs. However, he is doing his job right now. If we can upgrade through the draft, go for it, I've always been a fan of best player available. I don't think that RB is a "need" though.

As it is, this team has 8 rushing TDs on the season. Two were QB sneaks by Brady. One was a scramble by Cassel in mop-up time, and another was Eckel in mop-up time. So through 9 games, the Patriots have 4 meaningful rushing TDs scored by RBs. If we had something like 11 or 12 and Maroney still had none of those, I'd would be more concerned. But we're sitting here with a QB on pace to not just break but shatter the NFL record for TD passes in a season, and we're supposed to panic that Maroney hasn't scored one of the 4 meaningful rushing TDs? If Maroney had better stats, Brady wouldn't have his. It's not like Maroney's "inability" of getting in the endzone is preventing us from scoring 60 points a game. Brady is just destroying the league like no one ever has before.

National Sports Advisors uses the Smiley Icon at the end of nearly all his posts...Hmmmm can we remember another former member who did the same thing? Hmmmm

One reason is that the Pats aren't looking for rushing TDs so much--Brady's breaking some records this year.

Maroney will be fine--last thing I'd want to do is draft a RB at the top of the first round--time for a defensive front 7 pick.

I believe there have been a few situations in which BB has given Maroney the ball in short yardage at the goal line. One of you human encyclopedias check me on this. If he can do that job, he brings more.

This calling him "Glass" bullcrap just pisses me off, probably like most people here, especially since he's only in his second season.

A high draft pick should be a blue-chip guy in the making, who can be plain "good" right out of the box. Using our next first rounder on a back is insane - you just have Peterson (sorry, "Glass" Peterson) envy. What we would be better served doing is leverage that "right out of the box" quality to be ready for the 2010 free agency wave -- that is, get someone who can excel at a role (ILB would be nice, if someone is worth a high pick there, though BB seems to prefer vets for LB.) Youth buys you cap room, basically, for 4 or 5 years. We need to remember that. Our cap situation at RB is fine, and our offensive production is fine. Move on from there.

PFnV

Maroney is also STILL hurt, after having surgery in the offseason. It takes some time for a player to heal and Maroney hasn't had that. I'm not sure when he'll score a touchdown, if I could predict that kind of stuff I'd be in Vegas, but I'm sure he'll score lots of them in his long career with the Patriots. No need to push him more than necessary while he's recovering when the team's doing so well without him being a workhorse.

And your whole attitude with the "glass Maroney" thing, when the team is having so much success and being flip just isn't necessary even if you've got a complaint, leads me to think you're a jackass.

Last edited:
When will Maroney score?

Whens our next game?

Answer is there

How does this logic work?
You say that he doesn't get the carries inside the ten because he is made of glass.

OK, what is the difference between him running at ANY point on the field? He is going to get hit either way. Are you saying that he is going to get hit harder at the line of scrimmage? That's just plain dumb and ignorant.

You don't know why he isn't in there anymore than the next person. Stop trying to provide reasons for things in which you don't know.

Would you agree that BB puts (in his opinion) the best players in the game for each and every situation? Maybe Maroney isn't as good as picking up the blitz or blocking as Faulk or Evans. Maybe he isn't as good as catching a pass out of the backfield as Faulk or Vrabes.

BB talks a lot about situational football, maybe, just maybe he is employing that strategy until Maroney can get better at these things?

The truth hurts. Sorry. Glass Maroney wouldn't start for at least 12-15 teams in this league. What's that say? It says he is GOOD, not GREAT. It says he is middle of the road, nothing more nothing less. Is he good enough to win with? Obviously. Then again, Jermaine Wiggins was good enough to win with when he started at TE in 2001. That doesn't mean we can't upgrade the friggen position, whether it be with a top 5 pick(Darren McFadden), a 2nd rd gem, 3rd rd gem, what have you. All I'm saying is this guy has shown NOTHING to convince me and most INTELLIGENT non-homer fans that he is capable of being the 25-30 carry HORSE we may need down the stretch if the weather gets really bad. It's all well and good to have a 2 back system like we did last year and this year until Morris got hurt. Guess what? Now Morris IS HURT and do any of you feel confident that Maroney can handle the LOAD if we need him to have a classic Corey Dillon, Emmit Smith, Joseph Addai, Jerome Bettis, Curtis Martin, Thurman Thomas 30 carry, 125 yard type of game in January if the weather is piss poor and our passing game is affected? I sure as hell don't. Franchise and GREAT backs can carry the load themselves. Maroney NEVER did it in college(he always split the load with Barber) and has NEVER done it in the pros. I'm still waiting to see greatness from this guy. I see nothing but 12-15 carries of solid, not great running each and every game. Excuse me for wanting something better with our top 5 pick.:D

This is complete BS.

Maroney's college stats:

2005: 281 carries in 11 games (25.54 carries per game). That 2005 season included games where Maroney carried the ball 21, 26, 20, 46, 36, 43, 25, and 26 times. He finished the year with 1,464 rushing yards, 5.2 ypc, 10 rushing TDs, 17 receptions for 170 yards, and 1 receiving TD.

2004: 217 carries in 12 games (18.08 carries per game). During the 2004 season Maroney had games with 24, 25, and 29 rushing attempts. He finished that season with 1,348 rushing yards, 6.21 ypc, and 12 rushing TD's.

2003: 162 carries in 13 games (12.46 carries per game). During the 2003 season Maroney had games with 22, and 24 rushing attempts. Laurence finished the year with 1,121 rushing yards, 6.91 ypc, and 10 TD's.

Marion Barber was already on the Dallas Cowboys in 2005, so it was impossible for him to be in the backfield with Maroney that season.....you'd know this if you actually did some research.

Hey Sebman...next time you decide to dismember somebody would you please lay down some plastic tarp??..and that chainsaw is still buzzing in my ears...geez

Hey Sebman...next time you decide to dismember somebody would you please lay down some plastic tarp??..and that chainsaw is still buzzing in my ears...geez

sebman is Dexter

Hey Sebman...next time you decide to dismember somebody would you please lay down some plastic tarp??

Watch "American Psycho" lately? That was a pretty damn good movie.

NSA you said that he wouldn't start of about half the teams in the NFL and that he was not worth a first round pick. If that is so true why is that both the Denver Broncos and the Indy Colts wanted to draft him. As for your man love for McFadden he is only a junior which means he might not come out and after watching him a few times this year he is highly over rated because of what he did last year. The manlove also that proves to a lot of us that you are not a true pats fan because if you were you would know that they (BB and SP) never spend a draft pick that high they don't theink it typically worth the money thay cost. Now if you are finished calling a player that has had all of a year and half in the league "glass" and what to debate all of him merits in an intellegent way then almost all of the people here will gladly help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back