PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'Trade Brady' Debate Thread - Do Not Start Another One

Status
Not open for further replies.
People think he was competitive before (pick #199) What do you think is gonna happen now?? he is going to come back from this surgery with an even bigger chip on his shoulder. IMO the package of players/picks would have to be unheard of before to be considered. I realize we have jettisoned alot of players out of town, because of the "Patriot way" but this is TOM FRICKIN BRADY people. He is MR PATRIOT.

This thread is still open?

Looking at what teams might bid on Cassel thread makes me wonder why a team would not bid for Brady? What does Detroit have to lose?

Looking at what teams might bid on Cassel thread makes me wonder why a team would not bid for Brady? What does Detroit have to lose?

STOP IT!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

Im waiting for someone to say that Brady cant win the big one because he wasnt won the SB since 2004. People were saying that about Joe Montana during the 1988 season because the 49ers hadnt won a playoff game since the SB after the 1984 season.

Im waiting for someone to say that Brady cant win the big one because he wasnt won the SB since 2004. People were saying that about Joe Montana during the 1988 season because the 49ers hadnt won a playoff game since the SB after the 1984 season.

It is not about Tom Brady winning or Tom Brady throwing 50 TD's in a season. Do you think the few fans who had thoughts about a Brady trade think Brady is done, or that he can't win a big game? Go back thru the threads and let me know when you find one of those posts. This is not about Brady's ability, it's about the smorgasbord in which the Pats would get in return for his services. As I stated previously, the Pats could probably get three defensive starters in return. Brady is arguably the best qb to ever play the game, that is not the point. The Patriots will not win another Superbowl with their current defense. Now, we can take a chance that a couple of draft choices work out, or we can entertain a trade. That is the extent of my posts and for that we get hysteria. Please stop the squeamish cheer leading of Tom, Tom, he's the man, if no one can do it, no one can. Because, last year, he didn't do it.

It is not about Tom Brady winning or Tom Brady throwing 50 TD's in a season. Do you think the few fans who had thoughts about a Brady trade think Brady is done, or that he can't win a big game? Go back thru the threads and let me know when you find one of those posts. This is not about Brady's ability, it's about the smorgasbord in which the Pats would get in return for his services. As I stated previously, the Pats could probably get three defensive starters in return. Brady is arguably the best qb to ever play the game, that is not the point. The Patriots will not win another Superbowl with their current defense. Now, we can take a chance that a couple of draft choices work out, or we can entertain a trade. That is the extent of my posts and for that we get hysteria. Please stop the squeamish cheer leading of Tom, Tom, he's the man, if no one can do it, no one can. Because, last year, he didn't do it.

Which one's Brady?:confused:

actually he did do, he did all he could do to put his team in a postion to win that game. Do you think cassel or anyone else could do what tom brady has done over the years? Wont make a difference what they would get in return 9although its NOT going to happen) because if you cant score when you need to, your awsome new D wont matter..unless you plan on tieing every game.

actually he did do, he did all he could do to put his team in a postion to win that game. Do you think cassel or anyone else could do what tom brady has done over the years? Wont make a difference what they would get in return 9although its NOT going to happen) because if you cant score when you need to, your awsome new D wont matter..unless you plan on tieing every game.

He did all he could and the defense let the Giants go down the field and score. He didn't 'score last year when he needed to', but the Giants defense prevented us from scoring when we needed to. The defense is letting teams score this year as well. If Brady was playing this year, the Pats would not win the Super bowl. Cassel could play just as well as Eli last year, or Brady against St. Louis. The difference in both those games was each team had great defenses. The year that the Colts won the Superbowl was an aberration, plus their defense was playing well at the right time. The Colts are not a good defensive team and will not win another big game. Same can be said about the Pats with their current defense. The Patriots need new defensive blood and one option is a trade.

He did all he could and the defense let the Giants go down the field and score. He didn't 'score last year when he needed to', but the Giants defense prevented us from scoring when we needed to. The defense is letting teams score this year as well. If Brady was playing this year, the Pats would not win the Super bowl. Cassel could play just as well as Eli last year, or Brady against St. Louis. The difference in both those games was each team had great defenses. The year that the Colts won the Superbowl was an aberration, plus their defense was playing well at the right time. The Colts are not a good defensive team and will not win another big game. Same can be said about the Pats with their current defense. The Patriots need new defensive blood and one option is a trade.

I see what you mean, although I stand by my belife (and fact) that brady will not be traded. I think the addtion of one good CB could change the D. Hobbs is arlight even though he gets a bad rap around here, and the addtion of Mayo helped alot, the dude is a beast that is all over the field. Next year he should be even better. AD should be back at full force, and hopefully someone will actually be able to get with in 5 feet of the qb once in a while. In my opinion, the biggest problem is MISSED TACKELS. I dont know how many times ive screamed at the tv when a run or short pass should have been like a 1 or 2 yard game that suddenly became a first down or more.

I see what you mean, although I stand by my belife (and fact) that brady will not be traded. I think the addtion of one good CB could change the D. Hobbs is arlight even though he gets a bad rap around here, and the addtion of Mayo helped alot, the dude is a beast that is all over the field. Next year he should be even better. AD should be back at full force, and hopefully someone will actually be able to get with in 5 feet of the qb once in a while. In my opinion, the biggest problem is MISSED TACKELS. I dont know how many times ive screamed at the tv when a run or short pass should have been like a 1 or 2 yard game that suddenly became a first down or more.

Agree.
I'm also ok with Hobbs and do not buy into the size issue. Right now, my first choice in the next draft would be a corner unless another position player really drops that we like. Mayo is awesome, tho I don't see us ever drafting a lb comparable to him unless something extraordinary happens. That leaves us short at the safety position (Sanders nothing great) and at least one LB, two if you figure longevity of current roster. 'If' we can get a high pick for Cassel, that might take care of one more defensive position. Like I've always posted on this subject, I wouldn't slam the door on the Brady option, just kicking the tires.

Agree.
I'm also ok with Hobbs and do not buy into the size issue. Right now, my first choice in the next draft would be a corner unless another position player really drops that we like. Mayo is awesome, tho I don't see us ever drafting a lb comparable to him unless something extraordinary happens. That leaves us short at the safety position (Sanders nothing great) and at least one LB, two if you figure longevity of current roster. 'If' we can get a high pick for Cassel, that might take care of one more defensive position. Like I've always posted on this subject, I wouldn't slam the door on the Brady option, just kicking the tires.

I dont follow college football to well, actually, i dont really follow it at all, the only draft info i get is around draft time when people start them mock drafts, then I look into the top 10 players. Whoever they get, I'm sure it will be someone that isnt a top pick, and that everyone at jetnation will say will suck, but will end up being awsome with skills only belichick will have noticed. I just hope its a CB or a saftey.

I obviously never post here but had to now...

Trade Tom?? NO. BLEEPING. WAY.

I am sure Brady will be fine. I just saw a photo of Brady at a concert in Miami Wed. It was sponsored by Audi(I am sure that is why Brady is there) He looks ill. He looks to have lost alot of weight. Hopefully, the infection is gone and he can start gainning the weight back.

I cant believe there is even a thread about trading Brady:DI cant wait to have this guy back next year and healthy hopefully.Brady is still in his prime and i can see him playing a long time.

I cant believe there is even a thread about trading Brady:DI cant wait to have this guy back next year and healthy hopefully.Brady is still in his prime and i can see him playing a long time.

To Ian's credit, he started this thread to stem the tide of Cassel-love threads that had elevated the backup's performance after two very good games to Brady status. Certainly not a completely irrational debate given past player transactions, but fairly out there given Brady's contributions and sustained level of performance and the likelihood of his injury substantially affecting his future performance.

You can enjoy Cassel playing well without hating on Brady. I will enjoy Cassel's success this year, hopefully his big contract next year (with another team - he will have earned it), and Tom Terrific's return to the starting role next year for the Pats.

To Ian's credit, he started this thread to stem the tide of Cassel-love threads that had elevated the backup's performance after two very good games to Brady status. Certainly not a completely irrational debate given past player transactions, but fairly out there given Brady's contributions and sustained level of performance and the likelihood of his injury substantially affecting his future performance.

You can enjoy Cassel playing well without hating on Brady. I will enjoy Cassel's success this year, hopefully his big contract next year (with another team - he will have earned it), and Tom Terrific's return to the starting role next year for the Pats.

Yeah, but all it will take is a 30-17 Patriots win with Cassel throwing for 3 TD's and the idiocy will start up all over again Monday. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick