PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of this type of argument. This is a season in which most games are down to the wire, in many cases due to our own mistakes. We can't blow out teams like before, so game winning or losing calls (or no calls) become all the more important. The Pats should have won both the Jets and Panthers games if a bad call or bad no call was made. The Pats and all of us have every right to be pissed.

Indeed. The league is being designed to come down to final plays. That's part of the "parity" ideal. The notion that the refs can't be blamed for lost games is about as stupid as it gets. One would think Patriots fans would know better after 2006 and 2007...

Oh my goodness, you people are ridiculous.

Fixed games? Really? :rolleyes:

Is Ridley being paid off too?

This loss was about our lack of composure and great play from Cam.

We lost because our O-line sucked......we committed dumb penalties which put us out of scoring range (Mankins cost us 3 points minimum)......another Ridley fumble which cost us 3-7 points for sure.....and Talib was awful.

Cam was awesome...simply awesome. Carolina played mistake free football. They deserved the win....we deserved the loss.

Now stop being numbskulls.

You should follow your own advice.

The O-line sucked? No. It didn't. It was ok. Not great, but not terrible. Or did you miss the nice holes they were opening in the running game? Or did you miss the nice plays they made on screens.

You are so quick to suck Cam's tool that you ignore the players on that team that also made plays. Like Dwan Edwards and Charles Johnson. And they beat the people who have been having issues all year in Wendell and Connolly. Solder blew one assignment, but that was it. Cannon played very well.

The Panthers didn't DESERVE to win. Why? Because they should have been called for tackling our Defensive Linemen, which is holding, on numerous occasions. Because Olsen should have been called for holding McCourty, not McCourty for holding Olsen. Because Gronkowski got mauled in the End Zone, which is HOLDING at the very least and Pass Interference at most.

So, please. Your BS about other people being numbskulls falls short when you show you don't even understand the game.

why is no one talking about the HORRID play call on 3rd down? :bricks::bricks:
It was a horrid call, but how TF does that compare with the call at the end or the McCourty call? Is that you Felger, or maybe Borges??

ESPN, literally just had the nerve to put up the stats of both QBs within 5 minutes, labeled "in the clutch," showing Brady as 4-11 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Stuart Scott just said when it came down to when it mattered, Brady was outperformed by Newton.

I hope my phone is not broken.

pats SUCK on the roads....more reason they need the #1 seed but won't get it

I think this will be good fodder for this team to get ready for the fight of the century next Sunday night

Not sure why emotions got to talib and mankins, but I kind of like the energy....just needs to be a bit smarter

the last call tarnishes the biggest win for the Panthers because everyone will be talking about the call instead of how WELL the Panthers played tonight.

good, even, exciting game. I just wished there was one more play to determine the winner.

Regardless of any other calls made, or not made, in the game, picking up that flag was a ridiculously bad decision by the officials. When a ball becomes "uncatchable" BECAUSE of the actions of the defender, the ball was not uncatchable.

That's refereeing 101.

If they would have called that and the Pats scored, beer bottles would have rained down from the stands and there would have been a mini-riot. That's what those clowns were concerned with, not making the correct call. So yeah, in other words, I'm in agreement.

You know you're in the right when notorious haters of the Patriots sympathise with the blown call going against the Patriots.

I'm not one to complain but that 3rd and one on the 2nd last drive was putrid ... a real horrible play call ... many mistakes tonight but the game was lost on that play.

ESPN, literally just had the nerve to put up the stats of both QBs within 5 minutes, labeled "in the clutch," showing Brady as 4-11 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Stuart Scott just said when it came down to when it mattered, Brady was outperformed by Newton.

scott gets paid what to say...not what he thinks

I'm usually not one to throw a loss on the refs, but they spit on their ****s and ****ed us on that one. I don't deny that Mankins did something stupid. He usually does in chippy games like this. The Ridley fumble was a killer. The Vereen drop was a choke. Even still, that was a ball that Gronk could have played and THEY PICK UP THE FLAG!? You ******* serious!? Scumbag zebras were more concerned with getting out of there alive than protecting the integrity of the game.

And the defense? Good to see the good old Pats defense that you can never count on to close out a close one rear it's ugly head. They bring that JV bull**** against Denver next week and the Broncos will hang 35 on us by halftime.

Exactly, so many chances to stop them on third down on all their scoring drives. Our blitzes sucked, would have been nice to see Cam make a quick decision, could have possibly led to a turnover.

I almost never question playcalls and I think McDaniels is a very good coach, but the game was lost on that 3rd and 1. The coaches knew we had no one healthy in the secondary and we were having a hard time stopping Carolina as it was. That was 4 down territory and it should have been two runs with Ridley. Without Talib and Dennard the Pats can't stop anybody and the coaches should know that and plan accordingly.

You're talking about the previous possession when the Pats had to settle for the FG right?

Anyone else notice the slow finger on the clock operator? Seeing as how close these NFL games are, a couple of seconds over a few plays adds up to another opportunity for a play. I could've sworn on the Ginn TD, they ran 3-4 extra seconds after he crossed the goal line, and there was at least another couple of seconds lost on plays the Patriots called timeouts on that final drive that the clock kept running after a whistle was heard. :confused:

I'm also pissed at McDaniels (AGAIN!) for some terrible play calling. Absolutely AWFUL.

We were running it will and only needed 1 yard on 3rd and 1. Instead we pass it!?!?!?!?!?!??! He makes the most bi-polar, pathetic play-calls I've ever seen

That's fine....the pats also hate their coach

Re: absolutely terrible loss for Pats

Stupid penalties, costly turnovers, bad call by Josh on 3rd and 1 when your running with power the whole drive and he goes play action?, crappy Refs = loss.
All in all ,as bad as it is getting screwed twice by the Refs, being 7-3 with all the injuries and newbies isn't a bad place to be. Still don`t think we can overcome the injuries for a deep playoff run, but you never know.

Man, I love the optimism.

Yup, 3 of the team's 6 best players in Ridley, Solder, and Talib (the other 3 are Brady, Gronk, and McCourty) should probably be shipped out of town. Huge take.

edit: got merged, probably does not make sense haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back