PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN, literally just had the nerve to put up the stats of both QBs within 5 minutes, labeled "in the clutch," showing Brady as 4-11 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Stuart Scott just said when it came down to when it mattered, Brady was outperformed by Newton.

I hope my phone is not broken.

Brady played a great he. He made the supposedly elite Panthers D look just about above average. I can't blame Tom AT ALL tonight.

TOTAL BS!!!
Back Judge that FLUNG that flag with authority had it ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! So they bring in some "Expert" ref to explain or justify why flag was picked up. Uncatchable?! OF COURSE IT'S UNCATCHABLE when you have a LB Luke Guy their blowin up bear huggin you so can't make a move towards ball. What a Joke. 1st & Goal, Ball on One Yard Line ALL or NOTHING. Refs run off field with NO Explaination.

Why is everybody so POed at Solder? That sack was just a blown protection call. It looked to me like Brady thought they were blitzing and that as long as the furthest out defender was the unblocked one, he could get the ball out in time. Then one defender dropped rather than blitzing, and Brady's throw was covered. Brady tells Solder who to block on a play like that, and Solder pretty clearly was in charge of blocking a guy who wasn't coming.

ESPN, literally just had the nerve to put up the stats of both QBs within 5 minutes, labeled "in the clutch," showing Brady as 4-11 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. Stuart Scott just said when it came down to when it mattered, Brady was outperformed by Newton.

LOL, 79 yards in 59 seconds.

They have the gall to say that.

there's a flaw in your thinking...you think this is a fix by a crooked official for some monetary reason...or it's the mafia boogeyman. That is NOT what is going on here. This is orchestration of outcomes to maximize corporate profits across the spectrum of business interests involved. The NFL owners, the big sports networks, ESPN and NFLN and the advertising megacorps. What does the Panther Steve Smith say after the game "Cam showed HE has become a big star and tHIS Proof that he should be in the big games and this makes him a huge star..at 24 years old"...nice Steve, try not reading from the ESPN teleprompter next time.

This league, with the looming concussion liabilities, is headed into full blown WWE territory. Tonight, Cam Newton just insured years of continued hero worship and sales by NFL fans across a broad spectrum of bases. Cam beat Brady "in the big game!!!!" ..every kid from the Bronx to South Central will be sporting Cam jerseys...from You Tube vids to concerts nationwide. Just watch. THAT is the fix. It's not the near non existent mafia, crooked refs, Vegas or any of those phony boogeyman. It's BUSINESS. A billionaires boys club in concert with national media and advertising.

Well, and that's a reasonable assumption also. I think where I'm going with this is it's $$$$ and that $$$ supersedes the integrity of the game to the point that, for me least, it's unwatchable. I also can't support it in good conscience.

You should follow your own advice.

The O-line sucked? No. It didn't. It was ok. Not great, but not terrible. Or did you miss the nice holes they were opening in the running game? Or did you miss the nice plays they made on screens.

You are so quick to suck Cam's tool that you ignore the players on that team that also made plays. Like Dwan Edwards and Charles Johnson. And they beat the people who have been having issues all year in Wendell and Connolly. Solder blew one assignment, but that was it. Cannon played very well.

The Panthers didn't DESERVE to win. Why? Because they should have been called for tackling our Defensive Linemen, which is holding, on numerous occasions. Because Olsen should have been called for holding McCourty, not McCourty for holding Olsen. Because Gronkowski got mauled in the End Zone, which is HOLDING at the very least and Pass Interference at most.

So, please. Your BS about other people being numbskulls falls short when you show you don't even understand the game.

Let me guess.....life hasn't been fair for you, right? Everyone is against you? The refs cost us the game......suuuuure. :rolleyes:

But go ahead...blame the refs if it makes you feel better.

I'm not going to waste any time debating you. Based upon your response you're obviously not very astute.

The refs did not call pass inteference after throwing the flag,not sure why they change their mind.Anyhow, if you let the refs decide a game then you don't deserve to win anyway.Things are not looking good right now with denver coming to town, we can afford to lose two straight, which i fear will happen.Final thought, Ridley needs to stop fumbling the ball so much or else he'll continue to be benched.

Teams can pull out a game with their qb running. For the panthers, it will mean Derek Andersen if they make the playoffs.

It happens but you don't want to make a living that way because you will fail

Newton is built like a tyrannosaurus and hasn't been injured as a pro yet, so this is probably wishful thinking. He also does a pretty good job avoiding unnecessary contact. Give credit where credit is due, if Cam played every week like he did tonight he'd be a top 5 quarterback, and he certainly displays flashes of that.

there's a flaw in your thinking...you think this is a fix by a crooked official for some monetary reason...or it's the mafia boogeyman. That is NOT what is going on here. This is orchestration of outcomes to maximize corporate profits across the spectrum of business interests involved. The NFL owners, the big sports networks, ESPN and NFLN and the advertising megacorps. What does the Panther Steve Smith say after the game "Cam showed HE has become a big star and tHIS Proof that he should be in the big games and this makes him a huge star..at 24 years old"...nice Steve, try not reading from the ESPN teleprompter next time.

This league, with the looming concussion liabilities, is headed into full blown WWE territory. Tonight, Cam Newton just insured years of continued hero worship and sales by NFL fans across a broad spectrum of bases. Cam beat Brady "in the big game!!!!" ..every kid from the Bronx to South Central will be sporting Cam jerseys...from You Tube vids to concerts nationwide. Just watch. THAT is the fix. It's not the near non existent mafia, crooked refs, Vegas or any of those phony boogeyman. It's BUSINESS. A billionaires boys club in concert with national media and advertising.

A page out of the NBA's game.

Why would you be watching espn for anything other than Pats games?

I turned it on espn about 2 minutes before kickoff and turned it off after the refs hit the button on their remote car starter.

Brady played a great he. He made the supposedly elite Panthers D look just about above average. I can't blame Tom AT ALL tonight.

Yup! Panthers D played their game and Brady hung tough. Ridley fumble here, Mankins penalty there and Brady had a good shot of gettin TDs on those drives and of course to mention one more shot with no time left that was a BS Non-Call.

The Defense couldn't get off the field during several critical 3rd downs

That's been a problem the last few years in general

11 straight completions to that point. The runs on that drive prior to that 3rd down call..... 5/1/0/3/6

Clearly, there's nothing wrong with going with the pass in that situation.

Keep trying to convince us that is was a good call. I know how you love being right all the time so don't think too hard

felger says its was good they picked up the flag because it would be bad to endthe game on a ticky tak call :bricks::bricks:

Oh my goodness, you people are ridiculous.

Fixed games? Really? :rolleyes:

Is Ridley being paid off too?

This loss was about our lack of composure and great play from Cam.

We lost because our O-line sucked......we committed dumb penalties which put us out of scoring range (Mankins cost us 3 points minimum)......another Ridley fumble which cost us 3-7 points for sure.....and Talib was awful.

Cam was awesome...simply awesome. Carolina played mistake free football. They deserved the win....we deserved the loss.

Now stop being numbskulls.

Home - The Fix Is In

Newton is built like a tyrannosaurus and hasn't been injured as a pro yet, so this is probably wishful thinking. He also does a pretty good job avoiding unnecessary contact. Give credit where credit is due, if Cam played every week like he did tonight he'd be a top 5 quarterback, and he certainly displays flashes of that.

No doubt Newton can run, but first long run on third was blown by the Pats. Ninko went to far to his left and gave Netwon the outside. Then Chandler Jones played too far inside and let him cut outside again. That wasn't the only play with containment problems.

I'll get banned talking abut the refs but the defense wasn't too good tonight. I think Dennard will improve it and not having to deal with Manning running will as well but that final panthers touchdown reminded me of crabtree's last year against us.

You're probably right, but that's never going to win you the big one.

The defense got a little over zealous and got too far upfield....the didn't do a good job of keeping him in the pocket

Purely a home-team call.

A more plausible theory than planning from above.

League offices don't bother curing systematic referee bias -- home-field, pro-star in the NBA, idiosyncratic strike zones in MLB, etc. But that's different from saying they order explicit fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back