PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dropping Red Zone tomorrow

I am so sick of hearing that BS every time something like this happens. You don't decided if they played well enough to win. They do. Except they didn't have that chance because the refs made an error. If the ball is re-spotted and the Patriots are stopped on the final play, they deserve to lose. We will never know what could and should have been.

And the problem is the refs didn't make an error- the play (which looks an awful lot like it would have been a game-winning touchdown) was correctly flagged. This means the wrongdoing was 100% intentional.

I support anyone who has the good sense to stop contributing to the NFLs endless funds after this. I have made the decision for myself to discontinue buying any NFL-licensed products and depending how I feel in the morning, I may boycott the sport altogether.

If enough people clue in, the NFL will have to notice. But change will only come if people act.

Agree. Ridley fumble in the first. 15 yard penalties on Talib and Mankins.

These things happen. Every game. One of the worst officiating "errors" I've ever seen on the last play that robs one team and decides the game--not so much.

I agree that the Pats didn't do enough to win, but man you just can't overlook such a bad [non]call to end it.

Robbed by a bunch of highway men on zebras

I am used to gangsters on D. Steve Smith has made this a team of thugs on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to the Seahawks taking them down a peg in the playoffs. Maybe the ref will call the initial penalty, not the retaliatory penalty for them too.

Regardless of any other calls made, or not made, in the game, picking up that flag was a ridiculously bad decision by the officials. When a ball becomes "uncatchable" BECAUSE of the actions of the defender, the ball was not uncatchable.

That's refereeing 101.

There are a lot of reasons the pats lost but that doesnt excuse picking up the flag. wouldve rather not thrown the flag .

I'm not one to complain but that 3rd and one on the 2nd last drive was putrid ... a real horrible play call ... many mistakes tonight but the game was lost on that play.

Running the ball at will..and can't get 1 yard? Please. Bad bad call.

Our Oline held up really well. Brady at one point had 13 completions in a row but just fell short here and there. Blount was a beast. Newton's scrambling was a massive problem and Talib had his worst night as a patriot.

I liked our coverage in the middle of the field. Fletcher and Ebner played well. The biggest mistake of the game was not running it with blount feet away from the endzone and then ultimately kicking a field goal.

I hope this game showed the people complaining about Blount returning kicks how little it matters who is back there at this point.

Lastly, we shut down carolina's running backs almost too well. They seemed to never run a traditional run on 3rd down and that led to cam running wild.

That's fine....the pats also hate their coach

On MSN`s site, it says the Patriots were dominated...lol the Hatred runs deep.I must have been watching a different game..dominated?

Chalk this one up as a learning experience....this will help the young guys

I like the run defense

And the defense? Good to see the good old Pats defense that you can never count on to close out a close one rear it's ugly head. They bring that JV bull**** against Denver next week and the Broncos will hang 35 on us by halftime.

Yes. Good to see that the rookies are still rookies :rolleyes: I mean, because having 6 starters out (Talib, Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Gregory, and Dennard) including your two starting Corners and a starting safety isn't going to cut into your depth at all.

Ragging on a defense that is that inexperienced is laughable and takes away from your integrity.

As laughable as that non-call was, I love the way Bill reacted to it in his post game press conference. Barely even acknowledges that the play even happened, says very little about it, no whining about it at all. His silence on the matter says it all. I'm assuming Brady's post game presser was the same, taking the high road, as usual.

Sht happens in life, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it. Move on, put your head down and keep grinding, and be ready for the next game.

Chalk this one up as a learning experience....this will help the young guys

I like the run defense

RUn D couldn't stop newton...but played good when the backs ran it.

They need their secondary next week...and with talib being hurt....they will get torched

And the defense? Good to see the good old Pats defense that you can never count on to close out a close one rear it's ugly head. They bring that JV bull**** against Denver next week and the Broncos will hang 35 on us by halftime.

3rd and 7 and the pass was incomplete bringing up 4th down, oh wait a minute Greg Olsen does his best sell job and the ref bought it.

Maybe the Panthers go for it and get it, maybe they go for it and don't, maybe they kick the FG, we will never know. Because the refs got it wrong on the two key drives of the game.

And that's the damning evidence here. To recall a legitimate flag on a flagrant can only mean it's fixed. You can't explain it any other way because you have to assume there's some sort of mental deficiency involved otherwise and that would have prevented the person and/or persons from ever getting that job.

I just can't fool myself in believing these games are legit anymore. I don't know how anyone that sees that could. I think the only thing that can restore my faith is if it's outed that official had a bet in and did it for himself. Then, at least, I don't have to believe the league was complacent.

But that's just not going to happen, I don't think.

there's a flaw in your thinking...you think this is a fix by a crooked official for some monetary reason...or it's the mafia boogeyman. That is NOT what is going on here. This is orchestration of outcomes to maximize corporate profits across the spectrum of business interests involved. The NFL owners, the big sports networks, ESPN and NFLN and the advertising megacorps. What does the Panther Steve Smith say after the game "Cam showed HE has become a big star and tHIS Proof that he should be in the big games and this makes him a huge star..at 24 years old"...nice Steve, try not reading from the ESPN teleprompter next time.

This league, with the looming concussion liabilities, is headed into full blown WWE territory. Tonight, Cam Newton just insured years of continued hero worship and sales by NFL fans across a broad spectrum of bases. Cam beat Brady "in the big game!!!!" ..every kid from the Bronx to South Central will be sporting Cam jerseys...from You Tube vids to concerts nationwide. Just watch. THAT is the fix. It's not the near non existent mafia, crooked refs, Vegas or any of those phony boogeyman. It's BUSINESS. A billionaires boys club in concert with national media and advertising.

Running the ball at will..and can't get 1 yard? Please. Bad bad call.

11 straight completions to that point. The runs on that drive prior to that 3rd down call..... 5/1/0/3/6

Clearly, there's nothing wrong with going with the pass in that situation.

Please, think before you post. This stuff shouldn't have to be explained to people who like the team enough to post on a message board.

Re: Re: The Official Patriots vs. Panthers Post Game Thread

On MSN`s site, it says the Patriots were dominated...lol the Hatred runs deep.I must have been watching a different game..dominated?

Yeah what a ridiculous title. These people need to get out and get a life.

We really needed to speed up the tempo on the drive before the Panthers final TD. Should have caught them off guard with a QB sneak on the 3rd and 1. We get a TD there and who cares about the PI.

QB sneak might not have worked. The Panthers were lined up in their short yardage package with 8 men across, 2 behind them and 1 across from the receiver. Hard for the O-line to get a push in that situation.

Yes. Good to see that the rookies are still rookies :rolleyes: I mean, because having 6 starters out (Talib, Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Gregory, and Dennard) including your two starting Corners and a starting safety isn't going to cut into your depth at all.

Ragging on a defense that is that inexperienced is laughable and takes away from your integrity.

The defense sucked, plain and simple. Posters around here were sucking them off as gutty when they were winning games in spite of injury and harping on "next man up". Well, if that's the case, then it's fine to point out how bad they were because they still sucked even with Talib and Arrington in the game. And I sure hope Belichick doesnt pull out that ultra-weak rookie excuse that you just did in the film room. Something tells me he won't though. :rolleyes:

RUn D couldn't stop newton...but played good when the backs ran it.

They need their secondary next week...and with talib being hurt....they will get torched

Teams can pull out a game with their qb running. For the panthers, it will mean Derek Andersen if they make the playoffs.

It happens but you don't want to make a living that way because you will fail

There was nothing wrong with the 3rd and 1 call. Brady had hit something like 11 in a row at that point.

There's a difference between "It didn't work out" and "terrible call". This one was in the "It didn't work out" section of life.

On the third and 1, play-action was the right call. A run would have been stuffed there, the way the Panthers were lined up. An even better play would have been to line up quickly and sneak it. But what's done is done.

New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers - Recap - November 18, 2013 - ESPN

So the explanation is that if the ball is under thrown, then it cannot possibly be PI? So all a defender has to do is literally tackle a receiver and push him further downfield so a pass is "under thrown" by a couple of yards, and by rule it is impossible for it to be pass interference?

What the hell?

And I'm still wondering how Ellis Hobbs got called for PI when he NEVER MADE CONTACT with Reggie Wayne in the 2007 AFCCG.

League Admits One Blown Call in AFC Championship - Pats Pulpit

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back