PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still trying to catch my breath like others on this board. I dont want to see the Colts again...hopefully someone else will take care of em. We may beat them again, but man...do our hearts and life span shorten quite a few years after each gm with them

The pass rush drove me bonkers.....TBC needs to wrap up Manning on that 1st quarter play--that missed sack bugged the heck out of me all afternoon...Amazing play by Peyton...a miracle rollout to the right side of the field and then an off balance diagonal pass to the far left side of the field to a streaking Donald Brown.

I am more worried about the JETs! They pulled a WIN out-of-their-XXX in the final minutes of the 4th quarter, in the last 3 games...

And the Patriots-D seems to lose all steam in the 4th.

Not to take anything from the gutsy win, but the team needs to be better than last in the NFL in 3rd down conversion defense. I do like the progress the young D has made from the beginning of the season and can only hope they continue to improve.

Props to the entire O-line, really. Even with Neal out, that group was tremendous for most of the game.

key to the game and they did it passing and running ... even the announcers noticed the multiple holes.

Last edited:
Not to take anything from the gutsy win, but the team needs to be better than last in the NFL in 3rd down conversion defense. I do like the progress the young D has made from the beginning of the season and can only hope they continue to improve.

i think they will but we cannot compare this group to past seasons groups. the game has changed so much it's hard for them. Today we held a team that averages 27 points to 28 points ... I think they can be happy with that but also they can get back to work also.

Edelman is trying to unseat Butler for biggest disappointment of the year. He's been completely useless.
The New England Patriots offense needs a legitimate wide receiver opposite of Deion Branch. Edelman is not the answer. On a footnote, I consider Wes Welker a slot receiver in the New England Patriots offense to preface my original thought.

So the Pats completely manhandle two completely disparate but equally effective offenses for three quaters before allowing fourth quarter garbage stats yet log two wins and you are unhappy?

What would satisfy you and other discontented fans of this 8-2 team? Alternately, what team is performing better than NE that you wish they would emulate? Perhaps the NYJ that for the last three weeks have needed OT or every second of regulation to defeat three sub-.500 teams?

What offense did the Patriots 'manhandle'? I've defended them alot this year and last but the defense was awful today aside from 2 or 3 drives.

Of course I'm satisfied to this point, I kind of said that in the very first sentence of my post. But there's room for improvement, you can get away with certain things in November that you won't get away with int he playoffs. You think BB is going to tell his team they should be satisfied with damn near blowing 2 17 point 4th quarter leads? There's always room for improvement, we are fortunate that we did not have to lose these games but the team damn sure better realize this is an issue.

The New England Patriots offense needs a legitimate wide receiver opposite of Deion Branch. Edelman is not the answer. On a footnote, I consider Wes Welker a slot receiver in the New England Patriots offense to preface my original thought.

Agreed...Welker is the ultimate slot receiver. I would go for AJ Green in the draft (package picks) but knowing us, it will be defensive picks.

I can't handle many more of these games

way too stressful, although I was happy with the end result.

The secondary impressed me today though. I feel like they did ok considering the laughable attempt at a pass rush from the Pats front line

"Look, our team has a history of winning close games, of finding a way, of making a big play when it matters most. We won 3 Super Bowls that way, and all of them were potential heart-attacks."

Actually, the Pats record in close game the past few years has not been good. The Super Bowl years are history now. Based on recent scripts, the ending was not looking good. Thank God Manning had a brain freeze.

I still have faith in Tate. I'm just really worried about Branch getting injured again, because after Tate and Welker we have no wideouts.

"Look, our team has a history of winning close games, of finding a way, of making a big play when it matters most. We won 3 Super Bowls that way, and all of them were potential heart-attacks."

Actually, the Pats record in close game the past few years has not been good. The Super Bowl years are history now. Based on recent scripts, the ending was not looking good. Thank God Manning had a brain freeze.

Except THIS is a new year. How many close games have we won against elite teams this year? The Ravens, Chargers, and Colts game. Just like in the SB years.

What offense did the Patriots 'manhandle'? I've defended them alot this year and last but the defense was awful today aside from 2 or 3 drives.

Of course I'm satisfied to this point, I kind of said that in the very first sentence of my post. But there's room for improvement, you can get away with certain things in November that you won't get away with int he playoffs. You think BB is going to tell his team they should be satisfied with damn near blowing 2 17 point 4th quarter leads? There's always room for improvement, we are fortunate that we did not have to lose these games but the team damn sure better realize this is an issue.

I'd say they manhandled the Steelers, but I guess that depends on if you want to count garbage time or not.

Last edited:

They absolutely manhandled Ben and Pitt run game until the fourth, and perhaps "manhandle" is too strong a word for what they did to Colts for three quarters but they completely smothered the ground game minus a brilliantly called draw play and played well enough vs one of the three best QBs of all time picking him off twice. They were an Edelman drop from a comfortable win.

I'm not saying they are an above average D by any means but they are playing well enough to win the 2010 Super Bowl. Again, I challenge you and others to name a team you'd like to switch places with that is better positioned to make a SB run.

Except THIS is a new year. How many close games have we won against elite teams this year? The Ravens, Chargers, and Colts game. Just like in the SB years.

Unfortunately, the Jets are more adept at it thus far.

The offense didn't do their job in the 4th quarter, but give the Colts D some credit. They are suppose to be real weak againsdt the run and held the Patriots on 2 consecutive drives in the 4th (helps when you know what is coming). If only the Patriots took what the Colts were giving them at that point (keepthe foot on the gas -- both sides of the ball).

With Brady only having 25 passes attempted, his arm should be good for a game this Thursday. Hopefully Sanchez's arm will be a bit more tired, but he's a young kid and should bounce back quicker.

It doesn't seem right that we had a 4:15 game and have the early game on Thursday?

I'd say they manhandled the Steelers, but I guess that depends on if you want to count garbage time or not.

Yes they were great against the Steelers, I couldn't have been happier with that performance because no I don't count garbage time. But they definitely didn't manhandle the Colts by any means.

I still have faith in Tate. I'm just really worried about Branch getting injured again, because after Tate and Welker we have no wideouts.
Tate was invisible against the Indianapolis Colts defense. Tate's current value with the New England Patriots is the primary kick returner. Maybe Tate will further develop in the New England Patriots offense next year after all the mini-camps, training camps, and preseason.

Anyone else notice that Arrington (?) was playing DE in he prevent?

It was one of the DBs anyway....

Anyone else notice this? I hesitate to call it a "blitz" cause they only rushed 4, and he lined up right over the left guard where a DE would....

But yeah, interesting...ineffective, but intesting...

Brady needs to start looking at tate more...i remember two plays where he was open for a TD, one was in the screen pass to welker that was dropped in the red zone...welker got so much attention tate was open in that same corner of the endzone

the other play was in the all out blitz later in the game in the 4th quarter...where brady simply through it to the ground near welker...tate had NO ONE around him, and if brady had simply lobbed it up, it would have been TD, to the tune of 70 yards and sealed the game

tate is good, just that the communication/chemistry between the two is not there yet...it will be there either as this year goes on, or by next year

and about edelman, i called that drop as soon as he entered the game...the guy was rusty, should NOT have been put in that position, bad by the coaching staff if you ask me, that throw SHOULD have been cought, but was in no way EASY....

And the MVP of the game is......

Tyjuan Hagler

Thank you Mr. Hagler for dropping what probably was going to eventually result in a game winning INT that fell into your hands but you bobbled it like it was a hot potato

I want to thank you for missing a catch that most players in your position of the pass would catch with their ****

Thank you Mr Hagler for your inept play and thank god it was you and not Brackett there in position or the outcome could have been different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back