PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Mexico???

Am I reading this right that if the playoffs started today, the Colts would be out continuing the curse of the SB loser? They are tied with JAX at 6-4 but they lost to them in their first head to head, so they lose the first tiebreaker and are behind the top two teams in the East ( Jets/Pats) and North (Balt/Pitt) who would be the two wild cards and division champs
No, because the tiebreaker is incomplete. You cant win a division on a head to head tie breaker advantage of 1-0.

Happy with the win not happy with the fourth quarter from the defense and offense. This team goes into its shell far to often for my liking.

There's so much work to be done before this team is a genuine championship contender. It's impressive that we're here with this young side and early stage coordinators.

Who are the AFCs championship contenders?

Brady has two rookie tight ends (chosen in the 4th and 2nd rounds), a second year third round pick WR, a guy who never caught more than 60 passes in a season before coming to New England and a former 2nd round pick who was very good here and "meh" in Seattle. Oh, and don't forget two undrafted free agents at the running back position.

Somehow these are all superstars that make Brady seem much better than he really is. On the other hand, Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Jacob Tamme, Donald Brown and Pierre Garçon are treated as talentless wastes, whose success can be attributed solely to Peyton Manning. The media sure likes to put a nice little spin on reality.

Wake me up when Manning takes his team to the AFCCG throwing to Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Troy Brown, Ben Watson, Doug Gabriel and Chad Jackson.

I think this game shows the advantages and disadvantages of having such a young team.

The good side of being a young team is that you have the energy and athleticism of guys like Woodhead, Hernandez, Chung, and McCourty making plays throughout the game. The downside is that they don't have a lot of experience—and even more so playing together—so mistakes will happen all season long as they learn to become a solid unit instead of a collection of individuals. The "bend but don't break" or "prevent" defenses rely on everybody knowing their roles, and playing within them. When things go pear-shaped, it's harder to keep the team motivated and on the same page if they don't have a lot of time working together.

I don't know if this is team can play in the final NFL game of the year or not. However, if there's anything we've seen this season, there doesn't look to be any team that you can say that is even a decently prohibitive favorite.

The teams that will make the SB will probably be the ones that make it through the regular season with as few major injuries as possible, and then are able to catch a few breaks in the postseason. Of course, having HFA will be a huge advantage, which makes the game against the Jets in Week 13 even more critical.

Oh, and I suppose it might have gotten lost in the thread, but congrats to TFB on tying the record for most consecutive home wins. :rocker:

And mad props to our merry band of Smurfs (Welker, Woodhead, and Branch), without whom this win wouldn't have been possible. :D

Why can't team play in the final game?

Who have they beat

Baltimore
San Diego
Pittsburgh
Indy

Looks like the class of the conference. What other "elite" team can make that claim?

I kinda went off in the chatroom and thought I'd calm down, but it still pisses me off just how quickly so many fans just give up.

Yeah, it sucks that Manning put up two TDs so quickly and was driving down the field. I was upset. I was terrified. I was freaking out. I was drinking.

But what's with all the "fans" who just gave up and cried about how the game was over and how we had no chance and we've lost? Seriously, are you guys Colts fans or something?

Look, our team has a history of winning close games, of finding a way, of making a big play when it matters most. We won 3 Super Bowls that way, and all of them were potential heart-attacks. But the team won because they were resilient, because they didn't give up, because no matter what happened, they found a way to rise up over the adversity that eventually comes with any team that wants to be successful.

There is no easy road to where we want to go. There will be plenty more close calls if we want to compete for a Super Bowl. This team is showing a lot of resilience. Hopefully some of the fans can also start to pick up on it.

interesting thread

Half are spouting we were "lucky" to win and "collapsed". How the hell do you collapse in a win?

The crying about the media gaga over Manning. Ya know, the guy who threw three picks.

Everybody forget the "clutch" 2003 win in Indy was also a 31-10 "collapse"?

GOATS don't throw three picks, one to lose the game.

The defense has two sides, one learning to play "prevent". The other makes huge stops in close games. "Situational football".

Don't sweat it.

How the hell do you collapse in a win?

Ummm I think I get some of your points......but first and foremost.....HOW do you collapse in a win? By being up by 17 points in mid 4th quarter would seem to constitute that.....NO???!

Media IS GOING OVERBOARD over how Manning is greatest of all time...saying little about Pats and Brady DESPITE Manning losing and throwing last minute pick.....Yes, in my opinion the ballwashing and excuses made of Manning even when he LOSES against the Pats....is annoying.....

Our defense WILL Be our achilles heel this year......some games (see Pitt) they will play lights out and give us an indication of what it will be like when they play nearly EVERY GAME like this.....other games it will seem like it is the first time playing together or their first game in the pro's........just going to be inconsistent......

Just have to know what you are in for this year and that is inconsistency......

Re: When I Seize Supreme Executive Power...

The FIRST thing I'm going to do is BAN Prevent Defense AND Prevent Offense...by any entity based in New England.

The denizens of the other 44 states may do as they please.

60 minutes, Bill.

60...MINUTES. :mad:
Prevent defense resulting in a win, close or not = successful decision.
Bill Belichick does not care what the margin of the win is.

The FIRST thing I'm going to do is BAN Prevent Defense AND Prevent Offense...by any entity based in New England.

60 minutes, Bill.

I would be first in line to thank you.

May The God of Your Choice bless you, Brother 12.

And please accept my congratulations on your lovely wife and/or mistress.

Brady has two rookie tight ends (chosen in the 4th and 2nd rounds), a second year third round pick WR, a guy who never caught more than 60 passes in a season before coming to New England and a former 2nd round pick who was very good here and "meh" in Seattle. Oh, and don't forget two undrafted free agents at the running back position.

Somehow these are all superstars that make Brady seem much better than he really is. On the other hand, Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Jacob Tamme, Donald Brown and Pierre Garçon are treated as talentless wastes, whose success can be attributed solely to Peyton Manning. The media sure likes to put a nice little spin on reality.

Wake me up when Manning takes his team to the AFCCG throwing to Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Troy Brown, Ben Watson, Doug Gabriel and Chad Jackson.

Yup, and that 2nd year 3rd rounder is essentially a rookie.

Wayne is the guy Manning can't be without. Guy is a beast.

How the hell do you collapse in a win?

Ummm I think I get some of your points......but first and foremost.....HOW do you collapse in a win? By being up by 17 points in mid 4th quarter would seem to constitute that.....NO???!

Media IS GOING OVERBOARD over how Manning is greatest of all time...saying little about Pats and Brady DESPITE Manning losing and throwing last minute pick.....Yes, in my opinion the ballwashing and excuses made of Manning even when he LOSES against the Pats....is annoying.....

Our defense WILL Be our achilles heel this year......some games (see Pitt) they will play lights out and give us an indication of what it will be like when they play nearly EVERY GAME like this.....other games it will seem like it is the first time playing together or their first game in the pro's........just going to be inconsistent......

Just have to know what you are in for this year and that is inconsistency......

Uhhhhh NO If you win, you don't collapse

Thanks for the idiot speak. I guess green could be yellow if yellow didn't collapse. A horse could be a zebra if it didn't become a horse?

They dominated, let the other team back in and made a play to win.

Seriously, many here just want to be miserable.

You have a team that's 9-2 has beaten the 4 elite teams in the conference with rookies and complain about not being "contenders" or idiot talk of a "collapse" in a VICTORY.

Re: When I Seize Supreme Executive Power...

60 minutes, Bill.

Prevent defense resulting in a win, close or not = successful decision.
Bill Belichick does not care what the margin of the win is.

Coach Bill, in my opinion, HAS no peer.

But he is not infallible.

That win clearly happened DESPITE the Prevent Defense and the Prevent Offense, not as a result of it.

60 Minutes, Bill.

60 Minutes.

Nice win Pats!!! You all should be pretty happy about this game. Brady didn't put up stellar numbers but he managed the game very well. Nice defensive and offensive play calling. Hats off to Woodhead,Branch, Welker, Green-Ellis ( a hometown boy), and your secondary. congrats

Last edited:
The offense was great and the defense was good for 50 minutes, until a complete collapse. This is a great win and the Patriots vastly outplayed the Colts for the majority of the game. Of course, it almost led to thousands of heart attacks, but we pulled it off and that's, ultimately, what matters.

The Jets have had how many "miraculous" or "lucky" wins so far this year? It happens. The Pats just beat Pittsburgh and Indianapolis by a combined 16 points in the span of 8 days. No matter how you slice it, that's impressive.

Originally Posted by stcjones
ESPN schlubs still trying to ballwash pay-a-ton......(sperm-an, jackoffsan, and pilfer.....) "we came just a few seconds from seeing again why he is the best QB of all time...at least that's what I think (dilfer)...(rest of talking heads "oh yeah of course".......Dilfer continues: "But he can't keep doing it all by himself" etc ad nauseum....No....our defense **** their pants in the 4th qtr and coaches played soft...until Cunningham FINALLY got to manning enabling the pick....if we could have gotten ANY pressure on manning...THIS GAME WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CLOSE...No pass rush and sporadic/inconsistent D is our Achilles heel this yr

Hell that's nothing. You should have seen Jamie Dukes on NFL Network. He was borderline furious Indy lost. Then at the end of the segment he threw in a "How's Brady doing without Randy Moss."

Just fine, Jamie. And FU.

Thanks for that......I did not see the stuff on NFL Network.....but it is nauseating watching these so called non biased media people basically gritting their teeth and foaming at the mouth......and basically talking about how lucky the Pats were to win and how great Manning really is (despite gacking away another chance to win).......

I honestly don't see how anyone could watch this game and think Manning had a better performance than Brady. 3 INTs says hello. WTF are these talking heads thinking?

Jamie Dukes is a fat, useless, piece of **** who wasn't worth anything as an NFL player and is an awful commentator. Just a bitter failure of a human being.

Who cares what others think. The Patriots just keep chugging along and winning the tight games. We win a close one with the Colts and apparently having glaring holes yet the Jets pull out one miracle win after another against mediocre teams and are the class of the NFL. Figures.

C'mon really? These guys success can be attributed to playing for Peyton Manning. You think Austin Collie or Pierre Garcon are going to be nearly as effective on any other team except maybe the Pats? And to include Brown and Tamme in there is just absolutely silly.

I get you're upset that Brady doesn't get more credit, but you really can't deny that Manning makes these guys into what they are. It's even more impressive when you take into account that Manning is basically running the offense by himself, takes a massive role in directing practices, and takes guys on individually in the off season to help develop them.

You denying him that fact is just as silly as anyone who says the young guys on NE don't more or less owe most if not all of their success to playing for Brady/Bellichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft