PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Cardinals game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Ref did NOT want us to win that game.

what?
It is unneccesary for a blocker to block his man? What do you expect him to do, situps?

Exactly. You are allowed to block no matter where you are.

And Gronkowski did know where Woodhead was.... it's called a playbook and practice.

Cards didn't deserve to win.

You're team is only as good as you're 53rd player. You gotta play 60 minutes of football.

Pats should've won fair and square.

That's the logic my nine year old follows after his Soccer games.

Probability wise, we had probably a 1 in 500 chance to win it late in the 4th and then the Cardinals had 1 in 500 to win it at the end. We beat the odds, then they beat the odds. It was gonna be as miracle win and we just blew it.

Cardinals won despite bad calls by refs. They overcame the terrible officiating. If the officiating was fair Cardinals would have won by much more.

To me, this ref issue is more than that call. I'm watching Redskins Rams now and with every flag called, you get the uncomfortable chuckling from the announcers as they try to figure out why the call was made. It is a disaster and needs to be dealt with ASAP. Enough is enough of these scabs. They suck.

Re: Everyone needs to calm down

Losing at home to the Cardinals? How do you expect them to win games such as @Ravens, Broncos, Jets twice, Texans, and 49ers? They will lose the Ravens and 49ers games. The others, yeah, they're up in the air, but I would not favor the Patriots in any of them until they can prove that they remember how to play offense.

different teams, different matchups...just because the offense ***** the bed this week doesnt mean they will next week or so forth..

Re: Devin Mccourty is back

One of the positives that came out of this game. Fitz is EXACTLY the type of player that would rip apart McCourty last year. Fitz was targeted once (I think) and didn't have a single catch. Even accounting for the double coverage, that's amazing

For what it is worth, Scott Zolak said that the holding call on Gronk was a good call.

Bedard said the same thing.

For what it is worth, Scott Zolak said that the holding call on Gronk was a good call.

For what it is worth, John Lynch all but said it was a bad call.

Cardinals won despite bad calls by refs. They overcame the terrible officiating. If the officiating was fair Cardinals would have won by much more.

Officiating is part of the game, but arguing the officiating favored the Patriots in this game is moronic.

The regular refs make bad calls that blow games too. Still needed to win the game despite the call, but we did not.
It happens.
I'm glad I don't feel entitled that the team owes me wins, because I'd really be freaking out and whining right now instead of recognizing losses, including losses that you coulda, shoulda, woulda won happen.

Exactly. The refs didn't miss a FG from around the 30. The refs didn't fail to convert the two points.

The Cardinals had some costly holding calls as well. The Gronk one was questionable, but it looked like he grabbed the jersey. BB was abysmal today. Challenging 7 yard passes and managing the clock like Herm Edwards.

Bedard said the same thing.

I saw it and thought it was a good call. He held Rhodes and turned him while holding him, they usually make those calls.

Post of the year.

The refs didn't block our punt or push Gost's FG attempt wide. The Pats made plays, but they made too many mistakes at key points. It happens. It's 1 game. Mistakes need to be corrected, but it's not the end of the world. There will be no freaking out or whining from BB or the team.

The fans will be fine as well. 8 years without a Superbowl win, by now I don't think that there are any Patriots fans left that feel entitled to anything anymore.

As BB says, it is what it is.

We need Fells to get healthy. Hoomanwanui sucks, and I think Fells could actually be decent in this offense.

Re: Everyone needs to calm down

I almost never bash the coaching, as usually it is the players' fault, but Josh McD called one of the worst games I've seen in years for this team. He is so bent on making Lloyd the centerpiece of the offense. Not sure why Gronk and Welker are only potential targets about 20% of the time. Only when they went into desperation mode did they move away from the experiment gone wrong.

That's been stirring in the back of my mind. I hope its not the case either. Lloyd has been solid for the most part but the rythm between him and Brady is not there right yet.

Re: Devin Mccourty is back

One of the positives that came out of this game. Fitz is EXACTLY the type of player that would rip apart McCourty last year. Fitz was targeted once (I think) and didn't have a single catch. Even accounting for the double coverage, that's amazing

Fitz was targeted multiple times and only caught one ball for 4 yards and he was being covered by Arrington on that play.

Overall, McCourty had an excellent game. He had great coverage on that Fitzgerald fade in the red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back