PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Cardinals game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Josh McDaniels Was pitiful..... He cost us the game

Josh coached a bad game. Yes there's plenty of blame to go around but I saw bad play calling left and right.

BRING BACK B.O.B!!!

:p

Re: A Ref did NOT want us to win that game.

Yes, that holding call was HORRIBLE, and the ref blew it. But we shouldn't have been in that position. If we had a decent punt protection or had any sort of rhythm on offense, we would have been fine. It's frustrating that a ref cost us the game, but this team cost us the game as well

I don't understand this thinking. What we did well is fine, but we 'shouldn't have' done anything poorly?
Its a 60 minute game full of good plays and bad. I don't get the logic of arguing we "shouldn't have' made the poor ones.

Devin Mccourty is back

Hurray/thoughts?

Whenever you let a team hang around the way we did, the refs are in perfect position influence the game. with that said, this loss in on us, specifically the offense

Gronk had a hold of the defenders shoulder pads and turned him away from Woodhead. Like it or not, and as petty as the penalty may seem, I thought it was the right call. If Gronk doesn't turn him then the defender may have made the tackle. You can't blame the Refs for this loss, its completely on the offense, coaching staff and special teams.

You don't think the holding call was a bad call? Really???????

I thought the call was perfectly acceptable. But I certainly know that the OP's original statement that the "ref did NOT want us to win" this game is ridiculous.

The refs were letting the players play for the entire game.

Then Woodhead scores a touchdown that wouldve sealed the game in the final minute. Suddenly the ref becomes active and calls a holding on Gronkowski for something that should have never been called. You know holding happens on EVERY play, so why choose the most important play of the game to call it? And on top of that, the replay showed Gronk didn't even hold!

It's mind baffling and pathetic. Weather its personal bias or the fix was in, there is NO DOUBT that referee didn't want the Patriots to win the game.

Now everyone will say "its our own fault, the game never should've been that close anyways. We're lucky we even got that fumble recovery" Yadda yadda yadda..... whatever. We should've won fair and square. The Patriots were robbed.

Time for NFL to bring the real refs back. These replacements are costing teams games, costing playoff standings, etc.... Its a disgrace to the NFL.

That's a Jets Board Post and the thread should be moved. We lost because we were outplayed, outcoached and couldn't finish twice when the game was in our hands.

Re: Devin Mccourty is back

And Arrington has left the building, at least in this game. :/

It wasn't a bad call and it certainly wasn't some ref who "wanted" the Patriots to lose.

The Patriots clearly lost this game all on their own.

The Patriots clearly WON that game with Woodheads touchdown. The holding flag to cancel the TD was absolutely mind baffling.

It wasn't holding. Certainly not extreme enough to throw a flag at in the last minute of the game.

There are worst holds that happen on EVERY play.

You can't let players get away with holds for 59 minutes, and then call holding on a game winning TD in the final 1 minute...... and it wasn't even a Hold.

Oh BTW.... A replacement ref was just removed from the Saints game because it was found out that he was a Saints fan by checking his Facebook page!

What a joke these replacement refs are!!!!

it was an iffy call,however there was no reason for gronk to put his hands on kerry rhodes......totally unnecessary as he didn't know where woodhead was....stupid mistake to block with his hands,15 yds downfield:bricks:

what?
It is unneccesary for a blocker to block his man? What do you expect him to do, situps?

Stop it. Ghost cost us the game, although he had plenty of help. I won't trust him again until he wins a game just like he lost this one. It can
n't be dressed up. He choked.

No one person cost the Pats the game. There was a lot of people who contributed.

I am sure if the Pats didn't lose Hernandez on the third offensive play of the game, people wouldn't be bashing McDaniels right now. Maybe not Gostkowski. In fact, they all may be praised at this point.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. Leading up to that call there had already been several illegal contacts I saw that should have been called on Gronkowski, the roughing the passer was a bad call. There have been plenty that have helped the Patriots too, like the no PI call last week that negated a 1st and goal. No matter which game I watch the officiating is horrible. All these referees work part time and have other regular jobs, teachers, bankers lawyers, etc. The motion to hire full time referees was rejected in the off-season.

For me personally, when I watch a game and see such a high volume of errors the outcome becomes less and less meaningful to me. Whether Cardinals or Patriots today it's hard to believe we could actually determine the winner because the integrity of the game has diminished. Look what happens to sports when integrity is lost (boxing). The NFL needs to address this and quickly, I have contributed a substantial amount of money to the product via ticket sales, jerseys, memorabilia, my time watching the games on TV to have these sort of results, as have all of you. The NFL (including the NFL Ref Association) is banking on the fact I will still contribute to the product because I've emotionally invested. Until "the fan" fights back and demands a better, more polished product, this will continue to happen.

Do you really look and the NFL standings after 2 weeks and have faith the outcomes?

It was a bad call, but the game should have never had gotten to that point. The Pats offense played like crap for three quarters. They came out flat and lost. **** happens. Move on to next week.

Bull****. We lost because the referee took a Touchdown away from us in the last minute that would've given us the Win.

That's loser talk.

That's a Jets Board Post and the thread should be moved. We lost because we were outplayed, outcoached and couldn't finish twice when the game was in our hands.

The Patriots lost because the Cardinals scored more points.
Every factor that contributed to that is a reason.

I'm glad I don't feel entitled that the team owes me wins, because I'd really be freaking out and whining right now instead of recognizing losses, including losses that you coulda, shoulda, woulda won happen.

Post of the year.

The refs didn't block our punt or push Gost's FG attempt wide. The Pats made plays, but they made too many mistakes at key points. It happens. It's 1 game. Mistakes need to be corrected, but it's not the end of the world. There will be no freaking out or whining from BB or the team.

Stop it. Ghost cost us the game, although he had plenty of help. I won't trust him again until he wins a game just like he lost this one. It can
n't be dressed up. He choked.

Absolute nonsense. We had a chance to either go for a TD with an offense that was marching, or set ourselves up for a 20-30 yard FG. Instead we played timid and relied on Gostkowski to hit a 42 yard game winner. It's complete foolishness to settle for an unreliable kick like that.

He also drilled two 50 yarders to keep us in the game at all. He choked, but not as bad as the coaches and the offense (for the first 52 minutes).

Re: Everyone needs to calm down

????????????? Brady's INT was tipped at the line & two Cardinals tackled Edelman on top of Hernandez. Please explain your post ?

profootballfocus has it down cold on their page. Go check it out.

You don't think the holding call was a bad call? Really???????

For what it is worth, Scott Zolak said that the holding call on Gronk was a good call.

Re: Everyone needs to calm down

I'm not panicked. I am pissed that the Pats lost, but ultimately they deserved to lose. It was just a bad game by the offense, the coaches, and to an extent ST (blocked punt!). I'd rather have a wake up call now than halfway into the season.

Hope Hernandez isn't out for too long or the entire season. Pats, get your **** together and pull out a reassuring win in Baltimore.

That's how I see it. I was pissed 30 minutes ago right after it happened, but the Pats had no right to win that game. The team got caught looking past AZ for next weeks match up with The Ravens and they got bit in the ass. On any given Sunday.

It seems that every season they seem to have at least 1 game when they just can't pull it together. This year's game came earlier than expected, but whatever. Hopefully they learn from it, BB will grill this team on it's mistakes and pray that AH isn't hurt too badly and he's back in 2-3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots