PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Bucs pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut Wilhite - a couple bad plays. Butler playing tighter coverage and I thought did well on that completion. I love the fact he turned around at the right time and leaped up in the air for the ball unlike what Arrington has done a couple times tonight not turning around.

how you let a receiver BEHIND you when you KNOW the other team is going to throw and throw long is beyond me...is it just football stupidity or what??

Butler saw a ghost

Cut Wilhite - a couple bad plays. Butler playing tighter coverage and I thought did well on that completion. I love the fact he turned around at the right time and leaped up in the air for the ball unlike what Arrington has done a couple times tonight not turning around.

Yeah, that wasn't bad by Butler. It was a helluva throw.

I can't say I'm happy about our 3rd stringers. There leaving it open for the bucks running the 2 minute offence for the whole 4th qt.

Last edited:
What exactly is the purpose of having 3rd & 4th stringers - players whose contributions will solely be on special teams if they happen to make the roster - run a two-minute drill in a meaningless blowout game?

I don't understand why the hate on Butler there. That was a perfectly thrown pass, and Butler was hanging with his guy, had the presence to turn, be aggressive and go after the ball. This is very unlike what we've seen of him so far and I think is a positive.

I don't understand why the hate on Butler there. That was a perfectly thrown pass, and Butler was hanging with his guy, had the presence to turn, be aggressive and go after the ball. This is very unlike what we've seen of him so far and I think is a positive.

Personally I'm not a fan of him turning his back on the receiver on a ball that is NOT under thrown. To follow it up he completely wiffed on his attempt to pick it off.

All I can say is I hope we do better against the Lions.

I thought that Butler played well tonight actually. It's Wilhite who I thought continued to look bad. If anyone should be cut it's him.

I don't like the comment of this offense having potential to be the 07 offense. This team is built for long, sustained drives that eat time off the clock, not the quick strike like 07. They won't score the volume of points, but they will be much better at winning the time of possession battle and holding on to leads.

All I can say is I hope we do better against the Lions.

Shut the **** up. We dominated 28-0 in one half against this team.

If we have 4th and 5th cornerbacks who have started in the league, we are way ahead of most teams.

it's good we are booming them.. but arent people a bit annoyed we are basically not seeing kick offs?

After the Corwin Brown news, I'd be OK with there never being another kickoff return in the history of the NFL.

Football isn't football without the dangerous banging on regular downs. But the guys building up speed and running at each other on STs aren't as essential.

poor butler :confused:

Butler gets more than $2 million guaranteed in the form of a $440,000 roster bonus and a $1.6275 million guaranteed option bonus.

His base salaries will be $310,000 (2009), $395,000 (2010), $582,000 (2011) and $770,000 (2012).

He's made so far through the 2010 season a total of $2.7725 million dollars.

Poor Butler??

I know you were talking about his play and what he could've potentially been.

Feels like the '80s, when you safely could go for a snack during kickoffs.

Wow, that's so true, I never realized that. I just thought that I was more relaxed back then because I was, you know, 12.

I'm not hating on Butler..I really didn't know who it was in coverage...I'm cooking on the grill and watching from a distance...anyone who thinks giving up a long pass to a team that NEEDS to throw it long and that YOU KNOW is going long...that is NOT "good coverage!!!!!!!"...in that situation, good coverage is either knocking the ball down from IN BACK of the receiver or an INT...so it turns out to be Butler the whipping boy and suddenly that WAS a good play?

c'mon man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference