PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Bucs pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post all your comments, thoughts, knee jerk reactions, pre, during, and post game in this thread.

Last week was a fun game to watch. This game we should see more of the 1st sting player against a that improved greatly last year.

As always, let's hope for a good showing and no injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The official Patriots vs Bu's pre-seanon game thread

Hope it's an injury free game!

Still excited that football is back :D But I shall be watching this tomorrow :)

What's a Bu? :)

What's the over/under on how many fans tonight will curse out the Pats and swear to abandon the team?

Oh wait, it's not regular season yet.

What's the over/under on how many fans tonight will curse out the Pats and swear to abandon the team?

I seem to recall exactly that happening last year after the Rams game.

Players unlikely to play; what it means - New England Patriots Blog - espnBoston

The following players are not expected to play based on lack of participation in practices this past week:

DT: Albert Haynesworth, Mike Wright, Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick
DE: Jermaine Cunningham, Shaun Ellis
LB: Brandon Spikes, Jeff Tarpinian
CB: Ras-I Dowling, Macolm Williams
S: James Sanders, Josh Barrett

OL: Matt Light, Ryan Wendell, Marcus Cannon
WR: Taylor Price, Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate
RB: Shane Vereen, Kevin Faulk, Eric Kettani

My disappointment at not seeing Edelperson is more than made up for by my excitement to see GRONK abuse the Buccaneers. :)

I was more looking forward to seeing Price again, but I've been waiting to see Gronk since the first day of TC hearing about him abusing everyone.

Will this game be on TV?

Word is that Brady will play for about a quarter - more or less, depending on # of snaps - the Mallett will take over and get an extended number of snaps.

Hoyer to see little, if any action tonight.

Last edited:
Word is that Brady will play for about a quarter - more or less, depending on # of snaps - the Mallett will take over and get an extended number of snaps.

My guess is . . . if Mallett excels tonight, then Hoyer becomes trade bait.

Didn't that happen during the 1st quarter of the game last week...:D

Good news for us hosers, Sportsnet East (260/416 on Shaw) has the game on LIVE and in HD, lol, no laptop feed for me tonight!

So probably only 4 or 5, then?

Just wait until the next time someone gets hurt. Then there will be a bunch of fans furious that Belichick lets players take the field during the preseason.

Last edited:
Tampa Bay inactives:

WR Arrelious Benn, CB Myron Lewis, CB Aqib Talib, S Ahmad Black, TE Luke Stocker, DT Roy Miller, DT Brian Price

Unfortunately, NLFN is not even doing the spin around the league where it cuts in to various games, so those of us out of town are screwed.

But, we do get the Argonauts versus Roughriders game.

So, even though the game hasn't started yet, and I can't watch it anyway, kindly allow me to get the ball rolling.

This team is pathetic and repulsive. We can't play like this and have any chance. I"m disguisted. Where's the pass rush? Oh well, can't make the playoffs every year. 8-8 here we come. Are the Jets mailing it in like this? Disguisting.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, NLFN is not even doing the spin around the league where it cuts in to various games, so those of us out of town are screwed.

But, we do get the Argonauts versus Roughriders game.

So, even though the game hasn't started yet, and I can't watch it anyway, kindly allow me to get the ball rolling.

This team is pathetic and repulsive. We can't play like this and have any chance. I"m disguisted. Where's the pass rush? Oh well, can't make the playoffs every year. 8-8 here we come. Are the Jets mailing it in like this? Disguisting.

This is absolutely right-- we had a shot on Maybin and didn't go for it. We've got no pass rush, no pass rush. Brady hasn't looked the same since the injury. Everyone is made of glass, by the way. Offense can't score without Weiss... er McDaniels... er....

So then, rather than actually watch the game, I ought to just start drinking and consider the season lost? :D

They ought to put in a series of diving board off the Tobin bridge, with a roll booth at the entrance for all the schizo Pats fans. They'd make a killing during pre-season. :D

Streaming the game then dvr the nfln replay @ 11pm. interested in seeing the DE combinations, how will Fletcher be used, seeing Gronk after what we have been hearing from camp.

How will the spots be determined on both the OL & DL.

I wanna see Darryl Richard make the team.Rooting for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST