PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Bucs pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were in a zone. The LB(#58?) needed to be deeper. Probably a late break by Butler but not his fault.

Ah, I only caught the end of the play seeing Butler come from offscreen to tag him down.

I see Andre Carter as a liability against the run, and he hasn't shown me he can 2-gap.

Chung looks like he still struggles a bit in man-to-man.

Agreed. I wish Meriweather could cover because Chung would make a great in the box safety. That's probably why you seem more of Brown, who just made a nice pass break up.

There was about 12 Pats to that ball.

Holding penalties are just as valuable as sacks. The increased pressure, even when they don't get to the QB, is the reason why this defense will be even better this season. That's the second holding penalty drawn on this drive by Carter alone.

Is it me, or does Mark Anderson look like he's 6 foot 6, vice 6 foot 4? Man that dude looks like a giant out there.

Carter's like a fiend out there, if it isn't QB pressure, it's a flag.

Their first string were being treated like red headed step children so does it really even matter what Bucs defense is playing, it's the same result! Maybe having the Bucs first and second string in there together to stop this Pats O.

BTW, You a jets fan by chance? BWahahaha!!

bite your tongue :p i was asking coz those bucs looked utterly ridiculous.

Agreed. I wish Meriweather could cover because Chung would make a great in the box safety. That's probably why you seem more of Brown, who just made a nice pass break up.

There was about 12 Pats to that ball.

In limited duty last season, Brown was really good in man coverage. It's a bit surprising that Meriweather has never emerged in that role since he played a lot of corner at the U.

I see Andre Carter as a liability against the run, and he hasn't shown me he can 2-gap.

I don't think he's going to 2-gap. He played that last year with WAS, and wasn't any good at it. He's putting immense pressure on the QB though.

Are you sure you have the right name/number? Because I can't disagree with you more.

I actually want to see the Bucs sustain a bit of a drive because I want to see more of the defense. However, they just can't stay on the field.

Did the Bucs QBs not by the OL dinner yesterday or something?!

Damnit, I wish I could be watching this game...Guess have to wait until tomorrow to see the replay on NFLN. Can't believe I'm saying that I miss watching a preseason game, but this team has me excited. Bring on the regular season!!!

NFL network 11pm et/8pm pt.

So the Pats secondary was missing something ever since Rodney left... attitude, playmaking ability, and leadership. Since then, they have fixed that with a combination of Bodden, McCourty and Chung.

Now, the D-Line has been missing that 'attitude' and playmaking ability with the trade of Seymour. I think they have regained that with Carter.

Carter is freaking ridiculous.

I think the Pats have addresses their most glaring need, pass rush.

Carter = pass rush!

Are you sure you have the right name/number? Because I can't disagree with you more.

He's a vanilla pass rusher, nothing more. The holes in his game remind of another poor run defender: Clay Matthews.

In limited duty last season, Brown was really good in man coverage. It's a bit surprising that Meriweather has never emerged in that role since he played a lot of corner at the U.

I think he makes a better compliment to Chung. Although Meriweather seemingly should be the better player.

NEWS FLASH:Goodell invokes Taft-Hartley to end strikes by New England's opponents:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST