PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Bucs pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, josh johnson is fast. Just took off :eek:

McCourtney got beat. Using the Butler standard, he must be cut!!!!!!!

Lots of positives so far at halftime. Dare I say Butler has looked pretty solid on coverage tonight and had a nice wrap up tackle earlier.

At the risked of getting stoned....Butler's having a pretty good game......DUCK!!!!

Shut the front door...LOL.

You are a pretty funny guy.

Only a troll from another teams fanbase would be looking to rain on the Andre Carter pass rush parade :rolleyes:
Carter has looked very good. I'm not sure how someone could come to a conclusion other than that. Granted it's the pre-season and we'll assess the performance of players critically come the season proper, but the performance of some players this early is exciting to say the least.

Doesn't playing Brady in Game 1 of the season put him in the same amount of unnecessary risk as a pre-season game? Where do you draw the line?

BB should have changed to a 4-3 awhile back.I hope this is our base defense in all the games.

Lots of positives so far at halftime. Dare I say Butler has looked pretty solid on coverage tonight and had a nice wrap up tackle earlier.

That's really good for him. He needs a few good things to happen to regain his confidence. I'm rooting for him to make it.

They are saving the secret weapon:D

28-0 in the first half, I'll take it. :D:D Brady could have been a bit more accurate

Guys like Butler are going to look alot better now the QB isn't allowed to get his 4th and 5th read on most drop backs.

Andre Carter looks fantastic.

If we ever seen Josh Johnson in a real game - we'd probably not rush hima s much and spy him - we wouldn't be getting hit with all these bootleg rollouts and scrambles thats for sure.

One of the mosr impresisve parts of the D so far is that they've looked to penetrate and attack but have also been very stout against a decent Bucs running game.

Great first half, offering us a nice, fun way to judge the team. The offense looks ready, almost to a man. The defense is showing us a bit about how things might shake out.

The Bucs are wetting themselves.

Second half should be great for evaluations on the bottom end players.

Last edited:
Doesn't playing Brady in Game 1 of the season put him in the same amount of unnecessary risk as a pre-season game? Where do you draw the line?

Game 1 is unnecessary??????

Dude, That's an epic Fail. You might want to restate that question.

I think we keep 5 CB's and it's a really solid group top to bottom.

Some people will say Belichick's switch to the 1-gap 4-3 was a panic move, driven by his fear that the game was passing by him and his outdated 2-gap 3-4 defensive scheme.

I say NO!

I say Bill Belichick is a brilliant, adaptable coach who watches the trends in the league and changes his approach to maximize the Patriots' chances of winning. Who's with me???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference