PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "I'm Worried/Not Worried about the Season" Guest Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok, so I thought it might be fun to officially document those on this board who are worried vs. not worried about the season based on preseason play. For posterity. :)

I myself could not care less about the preseason and am not at all worried about the team.

So if you are or aren't concerned, please officially "sign the guest book" documenting your thoughts about the team & season.

(The whole "Guest Book" concept is to limit people to just voicing their thoughts once, and not to stimulate any sort of discussion or debate in this thread.)

I'll kick if off .....

==================================

I'm not worried at all about the preseason. The core starters are pretty much intact, minus Asante but plus Mayo. I think BB has really held back this preseason, and while the team might not start the season on fire, they will be just fine.

Top 3 Offense & Defense. :)

Last edited:
Not worried. BB wants the team fresh for December, January, February so he's not beating on them now.

Not worried.

Not worried on offense. Worried on defense.

Not worried

Offense as long as Brady is healthy not worried

Defense worried

I'm concerned about things that matter, like how my kids will do in school this year. I could care less about preseason. I do think it will be interesting to see how people change their tune when the Pats are not blowing out teams every week.

I don't really understand. How will it be proven or disproven.

I am "worried." That doesn't mean I predict the team will go 5-11. I was "worried" when the Red Sox were down three games in the 2004 ALCS. Being worried and making predictions are two different things.

I am worried in the sense that on paper our defense is not as good as it was last year, and nothing in preseason has led me to believe the paper is misleading. I am worried that our offensive line has issues, and this seems like a link in the chain that can hurt our offense. I am worried about the fact that our QB hasn't taken a snap yet and that Welker is injured.

Other than that, I also am very confident in the team's offense. I don't know whether it will be good enough to mask the problems completely. I would be very surprised if this team went 15-1 or 16-0, or 8-8. Between those numbers, I just don't know. If what this thread is really asking for is predictions, I predict there will be much more significant moments of discomfort this year than last, but that, at the end of the day, we will win the division but not secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Whether we get a bye or not is 50/50 -- right now my prediction is that we will be the 3 or 4 seed in the AFC.

Offense won't be as good (How can it?) and the defense didn't improve over the off-season. (Secondary is horrible)

I'm worried the Cowboys and Chargers have more overall talent.

I officially started being "worried" seeing our defense during the second half of the 2006 AFCCG, and thought that 19-0 would put that to rest. Worried now.

BB is all about defense. Ironic

Last edited:
I'm worried that Tom Brady may play his first game with 9 toes instead of 10.

Not worried about Chris Hanson ... I'd call him our MVP this preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye