PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "I'm Worried/Not Worried about the Season" Guest Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried at all....veteran team that needed some extra rest this preseason and used it as an extended offseason.

I agree....this preseason was designed IMO to rest as many players as they can and get ready to a kick ass season....

Def. NOT Worried! I think coach read Sun Zu over the summer.:D

Not worried, I think though that it will be back to normal type of season. Starting off slow with maybe two or three loses at mid season point then turning it on the second half of the season.

I'm worried....about all the "experts" on this board who beat the dead horse daily making assertions THEY know more than the STAFF and OWNERSHIP of the New England Patriots Football Club...I'm worried they'll KILL THEMSELVES when all their bullcrap "look at me!!! listen to me!!!' over the top analyzations are proven to be nothing more than ego driven idiocies.

Cut Rodney, cut Bru, cut Izzo...and on and on...where do these mutts come from every season???
?? How did you get off my ignore list? Back you go, there's a good fellow ...

I'm a little bit worried. Not that we're going to go 8-8 or miss the playoffs or anything, but that we may be a lot more vulnerable on both sides of the ball than I thought a month ago.

I'm a little bit worried. Not that we're going to go 8-8 or miss the playoffs or anything, but that we may be a lot more vulnerable on both sides of the ball than I thought a month ago.

Tsk Tsk.

We are a 16-0 team.

How dare you?

"ONLY THE PRESEASON!!!!!" I know and I get it. Still, to say that the Pats have lost their edge isn't going too far out on a limb and I'm saying it right now. Saying that Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots aren't as hungry as they've been in the past isn't stretching it either. And the "superbowl-hangover" idea is especially relevant this year IMO. (I hope they prove me so wrong). What we need now is another Spygate.

Not worried at all.

We should sticky tonight's Official Game Thread for next preseason so people can understand what Vanilla means, and how Evaluation of Players is best done, and how Not Stunting or Scheming against a team more concerned with the scoreboard than looking at one-on-one player matchups can make a powerful team look bad.

Now, on to the real games!

Straight from BB tonight, what preseason is all about:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/bill_belichick_6.html

Were you able to gather any positive momentum in the preseason?
"Well, in terms of experience yes. We gained a lot of experience. Four games, and individual guys established a level of play and things they can do. Once the season starts it's a whole new ball game; we know that. So, is it nice to win the games? But it doesn't mean anything. We've had good records in preseason. We've had bad records in preseason. What counts is how you play in the regular season. That's what matters. It doesn't mean that the individual performances and group performances and how you execute plays isn't important. It is important, and that leads to your execution at a later point in time, but I'd say that's what you gain from preseason."

gonna be a naysayer. worried about the defense. no matter how good the offense, they need to shape up on defense. i think we're looking at a twelve win season with this team and a two seed.

Worried.

What officially "worries" me at this point is knowing that in 42 years, ONE team has won the Superbowl after being winless in the preseason. And that was the 1982, strike shortened world champion Washington Redskins. Just thinking about having 42-1 shot at anything doesnt leave me feeling real good. Sorry.

Worried.

What officially "worries" me at this point is knowing that in 42 years, ONE team has won the Superbowl after being winless in the preseason. And that was the 1982, strike shortened world champion Washington Redskins. Just thinking about having 42-1 shot at anything doesnt leave me feeling real good. Sorry.

How many teams had ever gone 16-0 before last season?

Not worried. Feel exactly the same as I do before almost every season for every team I follow. I'm cautiously optimistic the my favorite team will do well and win a championship.

Yes even when the Pats stunk I entered every season with the same feeling.

offense - not worried.

defense - intrigued. They need to tackle better and that's a basic skill that doesn't require schemes. I think (hope) it will get better. Age/speed all the other stuff on D will work itself out too. 12 - 4 / 13 - 3 here we come.

Worried.

I just can't see how the defense isn't weaker than it was last year. Bruschi, Thomas, Harrison, Vrabel are all a year older; Samuel is gone.
And for reinforcements we have JAGs and rookies, and rookies have only rarely made major contributions in our system. These were my concerns going onto camp, and watching the first team D do nothing but move backwards all preseason hasn't helped me feel better about them.

On a more abstract plane, I worry about whether B&B, celebrities now with flashy girlfriends, are still as hungry as they once were. I felt like last years' team might have let individual goals like touchdown and passing records etc. creep into the agenda.

tinsy winsy worried. I would have preferred a more solid outcome in the last preseason game, as a tune up for the season opener.

biatch.jpg

mad.jpg

Worried.

The Pats have done so many things that no other team has done before, why would we worry about stats like that. Remember that little fable about no team could go 16-0 or you can't make a dynasty in the salary cap era? In fact, the Pats may have a better chance to win the Super Bowl so they can defy the odds yet again.

Besides, the first decade of the Super Bowl era, there were 6 preseason games. So you can throw out those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back