PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "I'm Worried/Not Worried about the Season" Guest Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried... at all. I bet (a whopping $10) yesterday with a friend and fellow "pats fan" NE over KC giving up 15.... he wanted to bet more (I just didn't want to take a friend's dough).

Not worried, though I will admit the games were often painful to watch.

Mike Golic put it best - "The older a player is, the less he cares about the preseason." That, and I'm thinking Belichick has tricks up his sleeve he just didn't want to show in games that didn't count.

Not worried at all. I don't think it is a "Lost Year" and I don't think we should "Blow It Up".

Last I checked, everyone is 0-0.

Last edited:
Not worried, but interested to see the D this season. Not 100% happy but as always, quietly confident we'll do well again this year.

NOT worried at all. OK , we are going to lose maybe 3-4 games , but is that bad ? Didnt think so too. Tampa here we come.

I have to say that I'm worried.
Even though there were some good things out there,
the defense..The First String defense was mauled by the guys
who did the same thing the last time they faced.
Until I see this team and I'm talking both sides of the ball, start
performing the way I know/hope they're capable of, I have to say
that I'm at least concerned if not worried.

Of course it's really hard to judge with no TFB in there.:D

Not worried.

The Jets won the AFCE pre-season last year.

I'm not worried.I have some concerns about the OL but I had those in Feb too :(

Every year I have one particular area of concern lol ;) Last year for example, it was RB.

I'm not even going to worry after KC because I think KC's the true tune-up game this season, not the last 4 weeks. What this preseason's showed me is that BB's used these games for assessment purposes only. Maybe a little practice of course, but these preseasons have really been about the roster,jmo tho.

Far from being worried, I'm actually more intrigued:D

Not worried.

How many times do we here how the playoffs are on another level of intensity vs the regular season.

Well, so is the regular season to the preseason. It's probably even more of a gap as player evaluations and vanilla formations dominate.

Well, anyway, I think the pats will be just fine. Perfect, not this year but they will contend for the Superbowl as always.

IMHO

Somewhat worried. 4 bad games on defense in a row will do that as well as an offense that hasn't really shown much of anything.

Yes, it's pre-season - but it's also football and it wasn't very good football from the Patriot's perspective. Is the offensive line intentionally not trying to open holes for the running backs? Is the defensive line intentionally not closing holes on the opponents running backs? Is the secondary really going to have a massive turnaround and tighten up their coverage in the next few weeks? A lot of questions and though I expect some of them will be answered in a positive fashion, I'm expecting that a number of them will be answered in an unsatisfactory way. We'll see.

Not worried. Any concerns I have for this years team date back to last year in the playoffs, not this preseason.

Not worried. The only way I would ever be worried this early regardless of preseason is if one of three players on the Pats had gone down with an injury.

#1 - Brady, obviously as he is by far the MVP and key to everything.

#2 - Moss, Brady's binky and the man who opens up the field for the likes of Gaffney and Welker.

#3 - Wilfork, I feel he is the most important piece on our defense, if he went down then we would be extremely vulnerable to the run and that would spell big T-R-O-U-B-L-E for everyone.

:scared:

Officially... WORRIED.

I'm very new to this forum, so I'll Try not to enrage too many people... (huff,)
O.K., Let us begin... I'll start with Belichick and a Question to ALL: "Has there EVER been ANY Coach in The NFL, That Has NOT shall We say, Declined in Skill?" What I mean to say Is, and I'll put this as simply, and Carefully as Possible: NFL Teams change Head Coaches when they start to diminish in their capabilities (that "capability" term usually is translated as "Winning")... O.K.? Now, By ALL means, I want to say that Obviously, The Pats should not be looking at another Head Coach ("there's a barn-burner Lazarus, after going 18-1", you say). ALL I want to say is that Over the course of the Superbowl to this pre-season, some of BB's decisions have been, well, to put it lightly... Odd to me.
In the SB, BB seemed to me somewhat unflexible in his gameplan in regards to years past that is, when He would deviate and innovate in any way shape or form when something wasn't working... I know, as they say, He ran a Couple of Draw Plays, One or Two Screen-Passes, and added another tightend for One series, But for the most part are game was static, staying and relying on the intermediate pass...Just IMO now...
Concerning Player specifics and BB, I gotta ask, "What is his MORBID fascination with Matt Cassel, Are They Related?" How many chances do You give a Guy that has become Significantly worse each Year? Cassel, throughout his Pre-season/Regular Season has about as many fumbles and INTs as He does Touchdowns... That's scarry. Chad Jackson, Oh Chad Jackson! How Long DO You wanna hang onto Chad Jackson before admitting He cannot run most routes to save His Life... Maybe He was a 2nd Round Bust? Despite ALL We can do, 2nd Rd Busts happen ALL the Time, no matter how athletic the Person is, He May NOT be a Football Player. My Last Thought about BB and Player Specifics is Ellis Hobbs... I understand that You Might have a specific gameplan designed around Hobbs and WHO He's covering, BUT when It's 3rd and 3, Why Do You Let Ellis persist in covering someone 6-8 Yards of the L.O.S. even then? In the end, I don't know, I, by no means, am NO expert, and I hope I'm wrong here... I hope I've become more unflexible and unyielding to my opinions rather than BB is to His Players and His Gameplan... In BB I used to trust unyieldingly and rather blindly... I wish AND Want to go back to that...

of note: I know I'll get nailed for this Post by those who say That Even to Question the Pat's and specifically the Pat's Brass means You're Not a True Fan... If That's You're immediate close-minded presumption of Me after One Post where I was asked IF I was worried at ALL about this Season...so be it. I'm not even gonna take the time to argue with someone that throws out that pretentious elliptical rationale about me after just one Post... Other than this:

Thoughts ANYONE?

Officially... WORRIED.

I'm very new to this forum, so I'll Try not to enrage too many people... (huff,)
O.K., Let us begin... I'll start with Belichick and a Question to ALL: "Has there EVER been ANY Coach in The NFL, That Has NOT shall We say, Declined in Skill?" What I mean to say Is, and I'll put this as simply, and Carefully as Possible: NFL Teams change Head Coaches when they start to diminish in their capabilities (that "capability" term usually is translated as "Winning")... O.K.? Now, By ALL means, I want to say that Obviously, The Pats should not be looking at another Head Coach ("there's a barn-burner Lazarus, after going 18-1", you say). ALL I want to say is that Over the course of the Superbowl to this pre-season, some of BB's decisions have been, well, to put it lightly... Odd to me.
In the SB, BB seemed to me somewhat unflexible in his gameplan in regards to years past that is, when He would deviate and innovate in any way shape or form when something wasn't working... I know, as they say, He ran a Couple of Draw Plays, One or Two Screen-Passes, and added another tightend for One series, But for the most part are game was static, staying and relying on the intermediate pass...Just IMO now...
Concerning Player specifics and BB, I gotta ask, "What is his MORBID fascination with Matt Cassel, Are They Related?" How many chances do You give a Guy that has become Significantly worse each Year? Cassel, throughout his Pre-season/Regular Season has about as many fumbles and INTs as He does Touchdowns... That's scarry. Chad Jackson, Oh Chad Jackson! How Long DO You wanna hang onto Chad Jackson before admitting He cannot run most routes to save His Life... Maybe He was a 2nd Round Bust? Despite ALL We can do, 2nd Rd Busts happen ALL the Time, no matter how athletic the Person is, He May NOT be a Football Player. My Last Thought about BB and Player Specifics is Ellis Hobbs... I understand that You Might have a specific gameplan designed around Hobbs and WHO He's covering, BUT when It's 3rd and 3, Why Do You Let Ellis persist in covering someone 6-8 Yards of the L.O.S. even then? In the end, I don't know, I, by no means, am NO expert, and I hope I'm wrong here... I hope I've become more unflexible and unyielding to my opinions rather than BB is to His Players and His Gameplan... In BB I used to trust unyieldingly and rather blindly... I wish AND Want to go back to that...

of note: I know I'll get nailed for this Post by those who say That Even to Question the Pat's and specifically the Pat's Brass means You're Not a True Fan... If That's You're immediate close-minded presumption of Me after One Post where I was asked IF I was worried at ALL about this Season...so be it. I'm not even gonna take the time to argue with someone that throws out that pretentious elliptical rationale about me after just one Post... Other than this:

Thoughts ANYONE?

Being a pessimist by nature, it has crossed my mind that BB is more fallible than most would want to admit. This doesn't change the fact that he will always be a hell of a lot smarter in terms of football than anyone who will ever post on this board. So paradoxically, to question BB is folly, but at the same time, to speculate about his decisionmaking is fair game.

I disagree with you about Cassell and don't think he has gotten worse over the last four years. He hasn't been playing in NFL games, so to base this on his looking like crap or a deer in the headlights this PS or against the Redskins last year is premature.

CJ? We will see very soon whether he's been officially declared as a bust. Probably not.

Hobbs? I'm sure his giving receivers alot of cushion is due to how BB and Pees want to run the defense. Part of how they run the defense may be due to the fact that if Hobbs jammed receivers he would get burned all the time.

JMarr and ALL:

First, Thanks for not trashing me man... As You can see, I'm a worrier by nature, 1% goes to the Sox, about 1/2% goes to the Celts, and the Rest goes to MY babies in Foxborough... I'm glad you understand the descrepancy between simple questioning of some of BB's decisions and Not thinking than One can actually do better than the Football genius...very well stated... As for Cassel, I remember looking up his QB rating awhile back, and If I recall correctly Cassel HAS gotten significantly worse each year (not sure what his rating will be this year)... CJ, Hobbs, no (real) problem with, but, man, I am not a fan of Matt Cassel, He's gotta have some hidden gem of a film about Spygate, or BE a distant nephew to BB that we ALL don't know about lol... In ALL, though, I, right now am going to admit to myself, and am going to go on record and say (gulp), "BB, just might, perchance, maybe, after ALL, simply Be a Human Being with (again, gulp), a Flaw (but not two Flaws of course)...

of note: I hope You understand How hard that was for me to say...

Officially... WORRIED.

Thoughts ANYONE?

If a backup QB, a #4 WR and a single 3 point loss during an entire season are your biggest concerns I think things are alright.

Officially... WORRIED.

ANYONE?

How can you be sure it's not your evaluation skills that have diminished?

I'm worried about the frightening and intermittent bolding of words... no seriously they freak me out dude :)

I'm not trashing you I'm just poking fun, I know how it can be hard to tell online, just messin' with ya.

But seriously folks... I am officially worried when we're .500 or below after 4 games. We're spoiled.

Am I worried that we might not dominate wire-to-wire (until that last event that shall not be named)? Eh sorta, not really. Regardless, that's not the end product we are concerned with, it's the total season.

PFnV

How can you be sure it's not your evaluation skills that have diminished?

Lamp, yea, that's kinda what I wrote, good one though...

of note to ALL: again, new to this forum and haven't determined who yet Posts intelligent Posts with points to make verses who's trying to simply step on people's toes, so I'll reserve my judgement so as not to "bite" as of yet on some of the more intelligent Posts that are beyond My capabilities to answer...

p.s. to PatsFaninVa: I bolden words for the reader, some of My Posts are, to put it lightly, just a tad lengthy with more than a few digressions, so I understand those that just want to skim through My Posts to get the jist of My Points...If I'm actually making one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes