PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Brady Appeal Thread: Live Updates and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another surprise coming Mr Wells way too he does not have a clue about. Can't say more but it will be very fun for all of us when I can say anything.

If anyone has any email addresses for any truth friendly Media please PM me. Can't twitter them cause is a file.
Dr Pain with an inside scoop?

I'd have been more surprised if Wells weren't there.

The only way this doesn't go to court is if Goodell exonerates Brady. To do that, Roger would have to hang Wells out to dry. It wouldn't be the only time this week that someone in Manhattan invites somebody to a meeting to do just that, but I'm not holding my breath.

It all comes down to whether Goodell realizes that he has more to lose now than Brady. In fact, Brady has very little to lose by going to court. He has nothing left to prove on the field. He has the resources to sustain a long legal battle.

Could come down to who blinks first.

There is another surprise coming Mr Wells way too he does not have a clue about. Can't say more but it will be very fun for all of us when I can say anything.

If anyone has any email addresses for any truth friendly Media please PM me. Can't twitter them cause is a file.
You could PM curran on twitter asking for his email.

Dr Pain with an inside scoop?

Yes and no. I know of something unexpected which will be happening and probably rattle Wells but it is peripheral to Brady but I am sure everyone here will find it funny. If I have any more friendly press contacts it might get funnier. Psychological operations type shenanigans.

The only way this doesn't go to court is if Goodell exonerates Brady. To do that, Roger would have to hang Wells out to dry. It wouldn't be the only time this week that someone in Manhattan invites somebody to a meeting to do just that, but I'm not holding my breath.

It all comes down to whether Goodell realizes that he has more to lose now than Brady. In fact, Brady has very little to lose by going to court. He has nothing left to prove on the field. He has the resources to sustain a long legal battle.

Goodell has more to lose if he exonerates brady. As florio pointed out, he can let the courts throw out the suspension and tell the 31-32 pats hating public that he tried but the courts ruling didnt go with him.

Coupling this threat/prediction with your avatar is pretty awesome. Butters/Professor Chaos to the rescue!

I understand this isn't a court of law and nobody can be forced to participate but geez, it really speaks volumes if Brady's legal team wants to ask questions to Kensil, Pash or Gardi and the league refuses to make those individuals available (to say nothing of their desire to ask Goodell a couple questions as well).

Hopefully it gets rejected and off to court we go!

Yes it is pretty clear to me that Goodell CAN'T hire Wells for any other investigation job after this fiasco, he is done doing jobs for the NFL. And he can't complain, he got paid in the Millions figure. Even the haters realize he did a hack job on the Patriots, but it' is ok for them, his credibility is 0 for any serious investigation, Goodell used him like a condom and now can throw in the toilet.

At least I would be very surprised by the "Commissioner Goodell hires Ted Wells to investigate the WhateverGate involving ..." but if there's a lesson learned from this episode is that there is no limits for Goodell being an idiot.

I'd agree with this. And add if this was true, RK was probably working on TB to accept this on the down low since then as well. The outcome and reading-between-the-lines machinations of this appeal will go a long way toward answering many questions us fans have of the whole affair.
Unless Brady has come to Kraft for advice (very unlikely), Kraft would not be "working on" him directly or indirectly, as it would constitute meddling in a matter involving the NFLPA. In fact if Kraft is smart, he's not having any conversations with Brady without a lawyer in the room.

Kraft has no "influence" over Brady. In fact, it goes the other way now. Brady has a contract with Kraft. He's also wealthy enough to walk away from that contract. Kraft needs Brady's support a lot more than Brady needs his support.

Also, I don't think Kraft has shown all his cards yet.

Unless Goodell completely caves - this appeal is all about positioning for the court case. The court case is going to be about the NFL and unfair labor practices so they will need to establish the grounds for going to court. This is in the order of Brady's appeal:

Nicely done...a few more that should be asked to get them on record before a real hearing takes place:
--Along the lines of the Favre fine for not cooperating, why wasn't Gostkowki fined for similarly not turning over his private phone? If Brady is being penalized in part for not cooperating with the investigation why are there inconsistencies in penalties levied to other individuals?
--Why did the Colts not receive a penalty for illegally tampering with a game ball? In fact the one absolute in this entire case is that the Colts admitted to breaking the very rule the Patriots are accused of breaking. If penalties are levied based on the results from this 'independent' investigation then why weren't the Colts penalized when their violation is clear as day?

Go figure, Ben Volin tweets out an email from a "professor" from University of Vermont (actually he is a statistician, not a professor) refuting the AEI report or at least part of it. The email doesn't actually refute the final results, but claims that they could replicate Exponent's experiment that AEI says is not replicable. The email actually states that he did not look at the final results from AEI, but only that part. But of course Volin uses it as proof AEI is wrong.

CIH3zFSWIAA_PKf.png:large

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/613043499852800000/photo/1

Here is the guy's Linkedin profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-desarno/7/249/352

Sorry, I can't believe a random dude telling me he did it. Let's see the numbers please. Paste the SAS script or results if you did it.

But I guess if I wanted to muck up the waters with a false claim, Volin's the mediot I would send it to, with such perfect timing too. Why? BV's an idiot, under fire, backed into a corner, with an ax to grind, oblivious and ignorant to the science, and most importantly, possessor of a large public megaphone.

Goodell has more to lose if he exonerates brady. As florio pointed out, he can let the courts throw out the suspension and tell the 31-32 pats hating public that he tried but the courts ruling didnt go with him.
It all depends on how much dirty laundry will come out in a court proceeding. I think there's a lot and I think that it will be "every man for himself" at 345 Park Avenue if Brady forces Discovery in court.

This is actually pretty interesting. I want to see the SAS code. I don't have a license for SAS, but I might try to replicate it in R this weekend just for personal entertainment.
I have 4 SAS Certifications on my resume (Base, Advanced, Business Analyst and Predictive Modeler) and I would be interested in seeing what they did as well.

However, I am unfortunately no longer on a project that allows me access to SAS! So I could look at the code but could not run or tweak it myself.

I wanted to run a little t-test on the ball measurements to get some of my own p-values, but I do not accept the measurements as valid so there is really no point.

Unless Brady has come to Kraft for advice (very unlikely), Kraft would not be "working on" him directly or indirectly, as it would constitute meddling in a matter involving the NFLPA. In fact if Kraft is smart, he's not having any conversations with Brady without a lawyer in the room.
If Brady sues, he is suing Kraft.

Kraft has no "influence" over Brady. In fact, it goes the other way now. Brady has a contract with Kraft. He's also wealthy enough to walk away from that contract. Kraft needs Brady's support a lot more than Brady needs his support.
Kraft owns the team. He will own the team (or his heirs will) long after Brady is gone.

Also, I don't think Kraft has shown all his cards yet.
When you fold your cards don't count any more.

Yes and no. I know of something unexpected which will be happening and probably rattle Wells but it is peripheral to Brady but I am sure everyone here will find it funny. If I have any more friendly press contacts it might get funnier. Psychological operations type shenanigans.
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess - Ted Wells d*** pic.

Well when you put it like that, I can only assume that the entire Brady team has grown Wells mustaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe