PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Rounds 4-7draft thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again i'm not saying i don't like the pick, it's an under the radar one but we don't need anymore depth there.

Does Bill know Easley is coming back? No one is going to be able to get even close to competing with he or Brown so why keep drafting there?
Brown and Easley are mainly interior guys(even if both can play all over the lin). We now beef up with good depth on the outside too so Nink and Jones don't have to play 99% of the snaps.

My only concern with Flowers is that he seems very similar to Jabaal Sheard. Still, you need backups on a roster. Remember, the draft is about building a team.

I wonder if they plan on moving Ninkovich back to LB to have better depth there, what with all these DEs they have now.

Looks like Bill is trying to model the defense after the NASCAR Giants defense that beat us in two Super Bowls.

Can't blame him. Heck of a strategy if you don't have a #1 CB.

Looks like Bill is trying to model the defense after the NASCAR Giants defense that beat us in two Super Bowls.

Can't blame him. Heck of a strategy if you don't have a #1 CB.
Or a #2CB

LOl the Jets took Bryce Petty, he could be good

I like this strategy. I have been saying all along that they are going to replace Revis and Browner by beefing up the front seven. They are getting guys who can get after the QB. I'd rather have that than drafting a CB who is just going to be a lateral move from what they already have.

And I don't even care if they draft a guard. Odds are they pick up another undrafted free agent and turn him into a multi-year solid starter. Belichick doesn't see the value in guards unless you get an elite one like Mankins. Every other guard he has ever put in the permanent starting line up have been journeymen (Compton), over the hill free agents (Waters), or undrafted free agents (Andruzzi, Connolley).

Let's focus on the O line now. our D line should be set now

I like Flowers a lot. Great value here, probably because he's a limited scheme fit.

Let's be honest. The Pats ability to generate consistent qb pressure is average. Every move from Thursday has been purposed to generate more.

I like the pick.

Trey Flowers with an 84.5" wingspan.. That's some LONG arms on a guy who is just 6'2.

Bottom Line
While he might have room on his frame to add more bulk, he's not as long as most 3-4 teams would like at defensive end.

Now I kind of hope Grady Jarrett or Michael Bennett is taken with the Pats next pick just go all in on the DL in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back