Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a draft tracker:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

The Patriots have picks 101, 111, & 131 in the 4th round today. Still a lot of good players available. I like Doran Grant CB Ohio State. There are several good OG's to pick from. I like Daryl Williams who is listed as OT but would make a good OLG.

Enjoy the draft!!

With the players still on the board we might come away with a new starting RB and guard here in the 4th round.

The draft starts at 12 noon today.

If we're going CB, I would prefer Shaw over everyone else left. As far as OL, I like Clemmings, Jackson, and Williams. There are a lot of good receivers on the board too. Greene, McBride, Dezmin Lewis (watch for this kid, his size and route running are impeccable), Kenny Bell. RB is still pretty deep too. Davis, Artis-Payne, Josh Robinson, and Zenner. There's still a good amount of talent left on the board at the positions of need.

NO WAY we make 7 selections today. 101, 111, 131, 147, 178, 202 and 253. Trades will happen. 253 is untradeable. That's it.

I don't know if the Pats like him as a player but with seven picks they can afford to use a later one on L'ell Collins and call his agent's bluff with low risk.

NO WAY we make 7 selections today. 101, 111, 131, 147, 178, 202 and 253. Trades will happen. 253 is untradeable. That's it.

Agreed. But if the Pats make a trade, it's probably to trade up. They have the ammo to do it. I really don't see them trading down unless it's for a 3rd in 2016 or something along those lines.

I don't know if the Pats like him as a player but with seven picks they can afford to use a later one on L'ell Collins and call his agent's bluff with low risk.

I'm taking his statement about re-entering the draft next year as him being supremely confident that he'll beat any charges. I too would pull the trigger on him if he's available late in the 4th and see what happens. This whole situations HAS cost him a lot of money, though, so he may well decline to join the team but the risk is so low at this point and the potential reward is so high that I would do it anyway.

The best part about today for Patriots fans is the action will happen fast and early.
No waiting for hours.

If we're going CB, I would prefer Shaw over everyone else left. As far as OL, I like Clemmings, Jackson, and Williams. There are a lot of good receivers on the board too. Greene, McBride, Dezmin Lewis (watch for this kid, his size and route running are impeccable), Kenny Bell. RB is still pretty deep too. Davis, Artis-Payne, Josh Robinson, and Zenner. There's still a good amount of talent left on the board at the positions of need.
Lot of good WR's.:rolleyes: Have you looked at our roster? It looks to me like we could use a G, CB or ILB, but hell with it, let's go WR. That'll solve everything.

Lot of good WR's.:rolleyes: Have you looked at our roster? It looks to me like we could use a G, CB or ILB, but hell with it, let's go WR. That'll solve everything.

Should I remind you that we were lucky that the WR corps remained healthy last year and what happened in 2012 (TE's) and 2013 (TE's and WR's)? You can never have enough depth at the skill positions. Oh, and by the way, the Patriots worked out a LOT of WR's pre-draft and were eyeing FA targets. It seems they disagree with your analysis. But rock on, bud!

I'm taking his statement about re-entering the draft next year as him being supremely confident that he'll beat any charges. I too would pull the trigger on him if he's available late in the 4th and see what happens. This whole situations HAS cost him a lot of money, though, so he may well decline to join the team but the risk is so low at this point and the potential reward is so high that I would do it anyway.

His stance doesn't really make a lot of sense from what I understand. He is pretty much telling teams not to draft him, but if he goes undrafted he will NOT be able to enter the draft again next year. From what I understand the only way he can re-enter the draft is if some team actually does draft him and he doesn't sign. So if his intention really is to try and re-enter next year, I don't understand why he would be telling teams not to draft him. He should be trying to clear his name so some team takes a late flier on him, not sign and then enter the 2016 draft.

Any good CBs already in the NFL that we could trade one of these 4ths for ?

Omg guys I'm so excited for Malcolm Brown, Jordan Richardson and Geno Grissom... Sp?

Really though, I joked in the Day 2 thread about what the reaction would be if the team didn't take any CBs, but that actually could happen. I like Josh Shaw still, and Bobby McCain could turn into something, but outside of them I feel like what's on the roster already is as good...

Conversely, there is great depth still available at WR, RB and even some OL left. I could envision the team grabbing DeAndre Smelter, Tre' Jackson and someone like Jeremy Langford all relatively easily... Could be a good day, as long as you're not expecting a great CB.

Could also see some player trades. Bill could flip one or two of these fourth's for players. I'm sure Chip Kelly is ready to wheel & deal at this point after losing out on Marcus Moreyoto. Other teams are likely willing to talk too.

EDIT: hell, I forgot Clemmings is even still available! Ekpre-Olomu too... Lots of talent still available

Last edited:
Should I remind you that we were lucky that the WR corps remained healthy last year and what happened in 2012 (TE's) and 2013 (TE's and WR's)? You can never have enough depth at the skill positions. Oh, and by the way, the Patriots worked out a LOT of WR's pre-draft and were eyeing FA targets. It seems they disagree with your analysis. But rock on, bud!
We signed Brandon Gibson. That was the big FA signing. That's it. So far it looks like the FO is fairly content with this recieving core from what I can tell. Working out WR's hasn't seemed to be a referendum on getting WR's from what I can disceminate. No big name FA's and now were on to the 4th RD.

We signed Brandon Gibson. That was the big FA signing. That's it. So far it looks like the FO is fairly content with this recieving core from what I can tell. Working out WR's hasn't seemed to be a referendum on WR's from what I can tell.

If you're happy with having Brandon Gibson (if he even makes the active roster after TC) as the fallback option in the event of injury to either one of Edelman, Amendola, or LaFell, then all the power to you. I look that the Patriots working out WR's extensively even after the Gibson signing as a sign that they still know that the position is one of need.

I would be happy to sit back and go BPA, especially if we are willing to take some injury/character risks.

Some of the players I really like are:

DT- Grady Jarrett- Clemson- Great fit as a 3-tech next to Brown
DT- Michael Bennett- Ohio State- Same as Jarrett, better pass rusher but not as stout against the run
DL- Marcus Hardison- ASU- One of the draft forum binkies
OL- TJ Clemmings- Pitt- Hugely talented and is obvoiusly falling due to a foot injury. At what point is he worth the risk?
OG- Tre Jackson- Florida State- Another talented guy falling due to knee injuries
OL- Daryl Williams- Oklahoma- I agree with PATSNUTme, looks like a mauling OG
OG- Arie Koundajio- Alabama- Another solid OG with injury issues
RB- Jay Ajayi- Boise State- Great talent but injuries are obviously a big concern for him to fall this far
RB- Jeremy Langford- Michigan State- Probably my top RB left, really like him
RB- Buck Allen- USC- Another quality RB
RB- Mike Davis- South Carolina- A guy the Pats have been linked to
RB- Michael Dyer- Louisville- Late round sleeper
WR- Rashad Greene- Florida State
WR- Stefon Diggs- Maryland
WR- Kenny Bell- Nebraska
WR- Justin Hardy- East Carolina- Can't deny the production
LB- Kwon Alexander- LSU
LB- Taiwan Jones- Michigan State
LB- Hayes Pullard- USC
CB- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu- Oregon- Big talent, nasty injury
CB- Doran Grant- Ohio State
CB- Jacoby Glenn- UCF
CB- Josh Shaw- USC

I would be happy to sit back and go BPA, especially if we are willing to take some injury/character risks.

Some of the players I really like are:

DT- Grady Jarrett- Clemson- Great fit as a 3-tech next to Brown
DT- Michael Bennett- Ohio State- Same as Jarrett, better pass rusher but not as stout against the run
DL- Marcus Hardison- ASU- One of the draft forum binkies
OL- TJ Clemmings- Pitt- Hugely talented and is obvoiusly falling due to a foot injury. At what point is he worth the risk?
OG- Tre Jackson- Florida State- Another talented guy falling due to knee injuries
OL- Daryl Williams- Oklahoma- I agree with PATSNUTme, looks like a mauling OG
OG- Arie Koundajio- Alabama- Another solid OG with injury issues
RB- Jay Ajayi- Boise State- Great talent but injuries are obviously a big concern for him to fall this far
RB- Jeremy Langford- Michigan State- Probably my top RB left, really like him
RB- Buck Allen- USC- Another quality RB
RB- Mike Davis- South Carolina- A guy the Pats have been linked to
RB- Michael Dyer- Louisville- Late round sleeper
WR- Rashad Greene- Florida State
WR- Stefon Diggs- Maryland
WR- Kenny Bell- Nebraska
WR- Justin Hardy- East Carolina- Can't deny the production
LB- Kwon Alexander- LSU
LB- Taiwan Jones- Michigan State
LB- Hayes Pullard- USC
CB- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu- Oregon- Big talent, nasty injury
CB- Doran Grant- Ohio State
CB- Jacoby Glenn- UCF
CB- Josh Shaw- USC

How worried are you about Ajayi's fumbling? He seems to hold the ball away from his body a lot.

If you're happy with having Brandon Gibson (if he even makes the active roster after TC) as the fallback option in the event of injury to either one of Edelman, Amendola, or LaFell, then all the power to you. I look that the Patriots working out WR's extensively even after the Gibson signing as a sign that they still know that the position is one of need.
Doesn't matter what I think. The FO has made the decisions. We're on to the 4th RD. of the draft. No Madden/Fantasy WR's to report.

The best part about today for Patriots fans is the action will happen fast and early.
No waiting for hours.

bill's gonna trade up for more value. can't have enough 5th/6th rounders.
97 pick, will be the classic CB bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft