Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

The non-call on the last 4th down play was....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i'm a Pats fan. I'm just saying, if the pats want to win again, they have to be more hungry than the other team. The 49ers may have been the better team, but the ravens were more hungry. Does an ugg wearing QB help us be mentally tough? Compare Brady to Flacco, especially against pressure. If Brady had QB'd that game for the Ravens, the Ravens would have lost. And it wouldn't have even been close. We need a new QB, guys.

Welcome back Uncle Meat with your new forum name!

That article is damning. Mo was right about Boger's anointment as a SB ref. Ironic after last night that the article criticizes Boger for not ejecting Cam Newton for bumping him as required by the rules. The disease must be catching among refs.

I think at this point we should just be happy that Goodell didn't appoint Oakley and Sweeting as special guest officials...

I can't imagine the patriots would get away with that if they were defending that pass. Seems like the league for whatever reasons let's certain defenses play that way.

With respect to the poll question itself, the "5 yards" is irrelevant.

It is true that you can legally make contact within five yards of the LOS (until the ball is thrown). However, holding is prohibited everywhere. And that was most assuredly a hold.

No way in hell do I want a refs to give the 49ers a victory, remember, they get a whole set of downs and they can milk the clock, on a questionable call. I saw contact on both players and it wasn't much, and those no calls happen all the time.

The throw was crap, he barely got it off. If the 49ers wanted to score they should have jammed the ball inside. You don't win by needing the refs. You win in spite of the refs.

This is why the Pats are crap lately. They do gimmick plays, they whine about one or two plays (wellker drops) and they fail to see the bigger picture. The game is, ultimately, won by the team most hungry to win. Tonight, and against the pats, the ravens were more hungry. The pats have no hunger, only gimmick strategy.

Go away, troll, go spill your stupid on someone else's eyes.

CLEARLY Holding/PI Terrible play callin by niners to end it.

IT WAS A GOOD "NON-CALL".

They BOTH held eachother. Crabtree initiated the contact and looked like he tried to push off a bit. He also grabbed the DB's facemask a bit as well. In return, the Ravens player roughed him up a little, too. That's a good no-call.

Either way, it was NOWHERE NEAR as obvious as the 2 or 3 missed holding penalties on the Giants on that miracle catch by David Tyree.

IT WAS A GOOD "NON-CALL".

They BOTH held eachother. Crabtree initiated the contact and looked like he tried to push off a bit. He also grabbed the DB's facemask a bit as well. In return, the Ravens player roughed him up a little, too. That's a good no-call.

I'm mystified.
Stipulating for argument's sake your above description is accurate, what in your interpretation of the rules would constitute pushing off or holding?

And why should the rules suddenly change? When would they change? Playoff game? AFC/NFC Championship game? SB? 1st QTR? 4th QTR??? There's a real problem with a sudden un-announced change in the refs' calls.

I don't think it was all that bad. I grew up watching this kind of football. The play calling was awful. They slowed the game down, too, which they shouldn't have done. They should have kept their foot on the gas. It's PI or holding for sure, but that's playoff football pre-Polian and apparently post-Polian.

I always believe holding should be called and voted that way. That being said, this type of holding is routinely not called (particularly near the end of close games) and so it's not an egregious error. It is what the NFL is; the vast majority of holding isn't called and never will be.

The call was questionable, but it wasn't called. The only reason anyone is talking about it though is because it was at the end of the game. What about the wonderful acting job by the kicker on the running into the kicker penalty? No contact was actually made. What about the late hit on Flacco on 3rd and goal? No flag there. There were flags missed on both sides of the ball. The Ravens played better from wire to wire, never trailed, and won.

What about the late hit on Flacco on 3rd and goal? No flag there.
Because it wasn't a penalty. The rules for late hits on a QB change when the QB is out of the pocket, and Flacco was not out of bounds.

Of course...THIS is now "not a penalty" because that's just how the Ravens play football...got it...so the obvious offensive PI on Torrey Smith in the 2nd quarter is "just part of the game...unless it's one of OUR WR's"...right....quoth the Raven...Everwhore!

from a news source...

In Super Bowl XLVII, we'll be talking about Jimmy Smith's hold/non-hold on that 4th-and-goal, Chris Culliver's pass interference, the no-call pass interference on Corey Graham on 2d-and-goal with the ballgame on the line, and the no-call offensive pass interference on Torrey Smith that could have resulted in a Culliver interception.

another huge gift for the Rave-ons they NEVER should have gotten....but who cares?...Ray Lewis didn't have anything to do with MURDERING two people...and to prove it he pled out to a misdemeanor and paid the families of the murder victims some money because Jesus told him to.... you know what you should all do, Rave-on fans...you should all get together and pontificate from on high and cry, biatch and moan about "spygate" some more...freakin' turds.

holding.jpg

talk about a hold

Even if Crabtree wasn't held on the fourth and goal, I still don't think he would have made the catch. It was a badly placed ball, the Ravens got a great jump off the snap and hurried Kaepernick. Poor execution in the red zone and spotting the Ravens deep bombs, kickoff returns, etc.. killed the 49ers chance for a Superbowl, not the referees.

Yeah, the game featured some bad calls, but they were going both ways. The Ravens took advantage and the 49ers didn't, easy as that.

Its def a penalty but it was consistent with the way the game was being called so no complaints here.

Biggest bunch of garbage I've seen posted here in awhile by you. it wasn't consistent with the way the game was being called...

I think it was the right call. The ball is on the five yard line, the DB gets five yards to check the receiver. I think the receiver initiated the contact, the DB wasn't trying to stop the receiver from getting to the corner, to me it looked like the receiver was trying to push off, then saw the ball going the other way & tried to run through the DB who had every right to be where he was.

Learn the rules. Everything you mention deals with Pass Interference, not defensive holding. Defensive holding is when the defender grabs ahold of the receiver with one or BOTH hands. It doesn't matter if it is within the 5 yard "CHUCK" area or not. It's not allowed.

Also, the reason why it "looked" like Crabtree pushed off is because Jimmy Smith tripped over his own feet while holding on to Crabtree. The idea that he tried to run through the DB is absolute fiction on your part since the ball was to the outside while the DB was lined up inside.

They made the right call by calling nothing. They've been letting the DBs and WRs be physical all night. At least they kept it consistent.

Culliver's PI on Smith on an earlier drive was WAY too obvious to let it go so they called that one.

It wasn't consistent in any way, shape, or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft