Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

The non-call on the last 4th down play was....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your not gonna make that call, then you can't make the one they made when Torrey Smith got held on 3rd down.

Then again, early on they didn't make a call against SF on a deep throw down the right sideline to Smith that could of been a TD.

But thats how it typically goes in big games, Refs swallow their whistles.
Why does it seem like the officials swallow their whistles in favor of teams I cannot stand when there are sheep stations on the line?

Weird that a Ravns fan would visit a Pats board while celebrating a SB.

No, i'm a Pats fan. I'm just saying, if the pats want to win again, they have to be more hungry than the other team. The 49ers may have been the better team, but the ravens were more hungry. Does an ugg wearing QB help us be mentally tough? Compare Brady to Flacco, especially against pressure. If Brady had QB'd that game for the Ravens, the Ravens would have lost. And it wouldn't have even been close. We need a new QB, guys.

No, i'm a Pats fan. I'm just saying, if the pats want to win again, they have to be more hungry than the other team. The 49ers may have been the better team, but the ravens were more hungry. Does an ugg wearing QB help us be mentally tough? Compare Brady to Flacco, especially against pressure. If Brady had QB'd that game for the Ravens, the Ravens would have lost. And it wouldn't have even been close. We need a new QB, guys.

Just curious, but how do you function being this stupid? What is your day-to-day life like?

"I'm a Patriots fan but" for $500 Alex....

Just curious, but how do you function being this stupid? What is your day-to-day life like?

I don't care for your insults and i stand by my statement. If Brady had QB'd last nights game, he would have been sacked 6 times. I don't know if you disagree with this or what. Brady had a QBR of 62 vs the Ravens and Flacco had a QBR of 124 vs the 49ers. If you think Brady is the future of the pats, you're living in 2002.

Lets see, 5 total posts. Never seen you on these boards until after the Superbowl and you come here and insult the Pats using a phrase "gimmick offense" that Ravens players and fans use.

Its obvious you are not a Pats fan. And I will reiterate and earlier question: This is how you celebrate your teams SB victory?

Lets see, 5 total posts. Never seen you on these boards until after the Superbowl and you come here and insult the Pats using a phrase "gimmick offense" that Ravens players and fans use.

Its obvious you are not a Pats fan. And I will reiterate and earlier question: This is how you celebrate your teams SB victory?

are you implying that he is not too "sweft", Steve?..I think you are...yes...I do..
winnersmiley.gif

Good non call, imo! You don't make a call to make up for a teams bad play/pass.

Both guys had hands on each other, PI could have gone either way but it was the right thing to do not make that call. It wasn't a obvious call on either player, imo so let it play out. The route was bad and the pass wasn't there.

No, i registered after the Pats loss to the Ravens because i was angry and felt that the mentality of the coaching staff was gimmicky. There were 3 3rd and 2's around the 40 yard line of the Ravems where the Pats coaching staff thought it was a perfect time to throw. The problem with those idiotic calls is multifold.

(1) Puts pressure on the D
(2) Doesn't use any clock, tiring the D
(3) Puts pressure on Brady

If you can't run for a first down on 3rd and 2, you don't deserve to win.

In the final play of games especially for hail mary plays there are going to be PIs every time. They are talked about every year, but the consensus is to let the players play on that play specifically.

In this case the ball wasn't really catchable, but he might of had a shot at it. The moral is don't have the game come down to the last play.

As I posted earlier, the 3rd down play, when put together with the 4th down hold certainly calls into questions whether the stage was too big for this official. How the helmet to helmet hit was missed, given the NFL's stance on "player safety" is beyond me.

crabtree1.gif

crabtree2.gif

crabtree3.gif

I don't care for your insults and i stand by my statement. If Brady had QB'd last nights game, he would have been sacked 6 times. I don't know if you disagree with this or what. Brady had a QBR of 62 vs the Ravens and Flacco had a QBR of 124 vs the 49ers. If you think Brady is the future of the pats, you're living in 2002.

You are a Ravens troll, and it's rather transparent.

One of the worst non calls I've seen was in the 07 SB on the Giants very first drive when Burress blatantly pushed off Hobbs to keep a drive alive.
When they called half what Burress did on Randy Moss all year.

This one wasn't even close to being as bad as that one.

And if he called it and handed it to the niners where the ball looked to be a forced overthrow anyway. I would have been saying WTF!

So what if the Ravens won the SB. Pats don't have to feel so bad they ran into a juggernaut again. The Ravens earned it and so did Flacco.
Ravens have always had to deal with the Steelers the Pats or Manning.
They slayed all their demons. Congrats to them.
On the bright side at least one Harbaugh lost yesterday.

I'm all for relaxing the illegal contact rules so the ticky tack stuff isn't called. The play against Crabtree wasn't illegal contact through it was blatant holding which needs to be called.

You want consistency, and they allowed contact like that all game, so I am fine with it. The PIs that were called had a guy of out position tugging on a jersey of a receiver going for the ball.

If Crabtree had run a better route he could have avoised most of the contact and been in a position to catch it or force a grab from the back, which would have been called. As it was there was contact both ways and the receiver seemed not to be trying to go for the ball and was not on the same page as the QB due to the pressure.

I wanted SF to win, but the whining drives me nuts.

The Ed Reed offsides on the 2 point conversion looked like the main missed call and the guy pushing the ref.

SF made a ton of mistakes that cost them way more than officiating IMO.

Is it just me, or was I the only one to have found the head ref to be incompetent of making key decisions?

If that was anyone in the Pats secondary last night doing that to Crabtree they throw the flag.

I'm guessing you weren't born before 2002...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back