Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

The non-call on the last 4th down play was....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While you're at it, you should do this for the Pats/Ravens game. I'm really interested in if Mangini was right.

I would entertain the thought except that I am biased for the Patriots...I couldn't trust my own judgement...beyond that, the Patriots made so many self inflicted mistakes that game that I don't think the game deserves it.

However, if one of the board members, like Pherein for example, took the time to break it down objectively, I'd like to see the results.

I'm mystified.
Stipulating for argument's sake your above description is accurate, what in your interpretation of the rules would constitute pushing off or holding?

And why should the rules suddenly change? When would they change? Playoff game? AFC/NFC Championship game? SB? 1st QTR? 4th QTR??? There's a real problem with a sudden un-announced change in the refs' calls.

There were penalties on BOTH players. If you don't see it then you're biased.

You're absolutely insane if you think the refs would give any team 4 MORE CHANCES to from the 1 yard line to win the SUPERBOWL, when they just had 4 chances from the 5 yard line!

What about off-setting penalties? Would that make it a "do over"? If that was an option I like that call. It seems like letting a ref off the hook point of view, but I really believe not as many people would be able to complain about that call.

I don't think thats feasible........next thing you know, half the plays will have to be done over.

I'm not seeing it.....the ball was pretty much uncatatchable anyway

OK...finally found the time to go over every play in the Bowl....here is what I saw and checked and rechecked the yardage on...the Ravens had 41 illegal contact/pass interference fouls, the Niners had 22. The Niners were called for one, the Ravens zero.

What this means is that the preseason and regular season NFL rules do not apply in the post season, and, as we have all seen time and again the past five years, especially the Super Bowl. The 5 yard rule expands to 10 yards and even beyond in some cases, to the point that it would seem it is just not going to be called unless 5 zebras see it at the same time.

Welcome to the McMahonization of the NFL.

Another reason why defense wins championships.

I really wanted the Ravens to lose badly.

But the Niners coaching staff really choked on those last 4 plays. Why did they not spread the line and make the Ravens spread the defense to set up gaps for a run-pass option?

All Kap had to do is make 1 man miss or suck him in thinking run, leaving a receiver wide open.

Instead they went with tight formations making things easier for the Ravens defense. Even though I wanted a call, it should not have come to that.

It was a good non call.

The only time a call like that is made in that situation is if it were the Patriots on defense. :cool:

The SF play calling in that situation was horendous at best. Talk about pissing away a chamionship.

OK...finally found the time to go over every play in the Bowl....here is what I saw and checked and rechecked the yardage on...the Ravens had 41 illegal contact/pass interference fouls, the Niners had 22. The Niners were called for one, the Ravens zero.

What this means is that the preseason and regular season NFL rules do not apply in the post season, and, as we have all seen time and again the past five years, especially the Super Bowl. The 5 yard rule expands to 10 yards and even beyond in some cases, to the point that it would seem it is just not going to be called unless 5 zebras see it at the same time.

Welcome to the McMahonization of the NFL.

then don't watch

65 points and 589 passing yards between the 2 teams......I guess they're really crappy at this illegal contact crap

Of course I'm going to watch...I'm a lifelong NFL fan and I'll die one...that doesn't mean that I have to swallow this bull***** they're trying to peddle as an on the level sporting contest, like some mongoloidal lemming.

It is what it is.

Not you in response to your primary question here......HORRIBLE game changing Non-call. Now your friends are also right imho in that the playcalling deep in the red zone on the last series was DEPLORABLE......Just can't believe a coach of Jim Harbaugh's reputation allowed that kind of blundering debacle to occur. I could see Norv Turner or Rod Rust going to the well over and over like that....But Harbaugh from what I hear from the mediots is too smart to have done that idiotic playcalling....or IS he that good or smart?

I think that this "Was" Baltimore's year to win one. Nice story letting the murderer get a ring before he rides off into the sunset.....etc etc....Just like in 07 it was God-dell's plan to make sure the Gints won the SB....the blatant non calls in that one ...especially the horrific holds applied to Seymour, Warren, and Green ...despite them having Gomer in the clutch for what seemed like forever in Football "protect the QB" time....were HORRIFIC. The NFL is getting like the WWF.....predictable and scripted. There is NO WAY a ref that is standing right there missed that kind of blatant bull#hit......

QUOTE=DarrylStingley;3366947]Is it me or was that a HORRENDOUS, EPIC terrible non-call?

I have friends telling me that you need to let the players play and the refs made the right decision. That the Ravens outplayed them and the Niners play calling on the last drive was bad, so it was kind of OK that the zebra swallowed his whistle.

I think my friends are nuts. Like totally nuts.

What say Pats Fans?[/QUOTE]

Amazing all year the call everything on helmet to helmet hit, but on the final drive of the season they let it go.

You are right....They let that blatant helmet to helmet go!!!....and don't even get me started on the lineman from Balt SHOVING THE REF about 5 feet and getting NO PUNISHMENT!!!! The fix was in on this one folks....there was NO way that SF was going to come out of that game with a win if it was close....or they did not simply blow the ratbirds away....TOO MANY blatant bad calls or non calls in this one to not think this game was practically "Pre-determined"

As to the Niners Harbaugh, I have a friend who knows him.

This is one weird dude. Not a bad dude. Not a dumb man by any means.

But he's very strange. And I dunno, I can see that strangeness having an impact on him in such an intense, late game situation.

That doesn't mean the call wasn't CRAZY WRONG, of course.

I still say it was.

I really wanted the Ravens to lose badly.

But the Niners coaching staff really choked on those last 4 plays. Why did they not spread the line and make the Ravens spread the defense to set up gaps for a run-pass option?

All Kap had to do is make 1 man miss or suck him in thinking run, leaving a receiver wide open.

Instead they went with tight formations making things easier for the Ravens defense. Even though I wanted a call, it should not have come to that.

No doubt, but that doesn't make the officiating any less deplorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back