PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.
Nah man, let posters do what they do. It's a football forum. I was critical of Belichick and Mac the last few seasons and was accused of having an "agenda." My only wish was for the team to get better and I didn't see it happening with Bill and Mac around. Now, they're both gone.

Now, the roles are reversed. Most of the negativity is coming from die-hard Bill sycophants that are still pissed he got fired. Nevertheless, it's their right to question whatever they want, regardless of their "agenda."

I honestly find it amusing to see what's happening. I'm not one to mute or ignore posters. Where's the fun in that? I enjoy watching grown ass men acting like hysterical women. Lol

Good post. John Henry is happy fleecing the Sweet Carolina crowd, but they still want to win in Foxboro.

I'll stop there, otherwise I am gonna go on a anti-Sox tirade.
What he has done to that team is just painful to think about. For the whole moneyball craze that has swept through baseball I am still wondering what it has won anyone? I get small market teams like the A's and Rays having to approach building a team that way but big market teams with hardcore fanbases? Henry seems to look at it like if we can't win it all why bother? But at the same time not really building anything for the future to try and win it all.

Last edited:
Nah man, let posters do what they do. It's a football forum. I was critical of Belichick and Mac the last few seasons and was accused of having an "agenda." My only wish was for the team to get better and I didn't see it happening with Bill and Mac around. Now, they're both gone.

Now, the roles are reversed. Most of the negativity is coming from die-hard Bill sycophants that are still pissed he got fired. Nevertheless, it's their right to question whatever they want, regardless of their "agenda."

I honestly find it amusing to see what's happening. I'm not one to mute or ignore posters. Where's the fun in that? I enjoy watching grown ass men acting like hysterical women. Lol
Not going to lie, I was sad when Upstutter blocked me.

What he has done to that team is just painful to think about. For the whole moneybag craze that has swept through baseball I am still wondering what it has won anyone? I get small market teams like the A's and Rays having to approach building a team that way but big market teams with hardcore fanbases? Henry seems to look at it like if we can't win it all why bother? But at the same time not really building anything for the future to try and win it all.
White Rabbit GIF

I am going to resist going down the rabbit hole with you, my man.

Lol, he's weak af.
If he is a troll he is a true master. I know he blocked me a while ago and still I can't help but respond to the ridiculous things he says. If he isn't a troll then I just really don't what to say about him lol.

The one that is left?

I guess you are assuming no trade down.

Will the group running the team want to take the chance of trading down?

If they like JJ yes. That's the only possibility I see.

Not me....

I am HYPED up for the upcoming season....

We are basically one "C.J. Stroud" away from the playoffs....
I would be delighted with a playoff appearance in 2025. At this point so early in the season I don’t see it in 2024.

Not me....

I am HYPED up for the upcoming season....

We are basically one "C.J. Stroud" away from the playoffs....
And a tackle and WR. LOL. But seriously, a decent QB = 4 wins off the bat.

Pretty ironic coming from the person who (as someone else pointed out recently) gives out more dislikes/negative ratings on comments than the rest of the posters on the board combined. This is year 5 of the rebuild, the Patriots have one of (if not the) worst roster in the NFL and we just came off a two year stretch where the head coach completely sabotaged the offensive operation and young quarterback and submarined the entire team as a result.

If you're satisfied with how things have gone post Brady, that's fine. But **** right off with telling other fans how to feel.
The irony of you complaining about someone telling other fans how to feel and then, in the same sentence, proceeding to tell him to “**** right off” is hilarious! :rofl:

Obviously we had 4 years of rudderless horse :poop: prior to this offseason. However, I’m certainly not going to count that against the current regime when they really had no say before in decision-making with the authoritarian leadership we had at that time.

If you want to b!tch about the Krafts; I’m ok with that. They may have meddled in things towards the end of the BB era, but they weren’t making all the personnel decisions…that fell on the GM/HC.

Most fans are looking at this as a fresh start now. We’re just starting to move out from under BB’s shadow. I think now’s the time to show some support for the new team in charge. We should let them get a couple of years under their belt before we send them to the guillotine.

Last edited:
How long does one expect a “rebuild” to take? To become competitive again? This is what, already year 4? I can understand some patience being lost as this Team has continued to crater. Folks needed to see some light at the end of the tunnel….not another incoming train.

It's because of the amount of sustained success. A lot of people took it for granted. Happens with every fanbase who falls on hard times after an extended period of success.
It goes further than that; the sports media came of age with the futility of the 80s/90s Red Sox, and that's poisoned everything else since.

Sorry for my lack of patience. I thought we were in Year 5 of a rebuild. I've just learned that we are in fact only in Year 1 and I should disregard the 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 seasons. I will adjust expectations accordingly.

We were in a rebuild. It failed. We are now in our second rebuild. This is what most of the rest of the league has to deal with. We just forgot that because we had two decades of greatness where when the Pats went into rebuild mode it meant the Pats were going to lose in the AFCCG.

There’s nothing negative about stating the obvious. They haven’t signed anybody to improve a very bad 4-13 team.

The Pats have a valuation of over $6B. Fans have every right to not be patient and expect results. Bob is certainly preaching that.

Just like Bill, if Mayo can’t stabilize the QB position, his ass will be gone sooner than Bill.

By the way, you guys missed a perfect opportunity to hit that disagree button on the OP with all the complaints of their drive by’s.
There’s nothing negative about stating the obvious. They haven’t signed anybody to improve a very bad 4-13 team.

The Pats have a valuation of over $6B. Fans have every right to not be patient and expect results. Bob is certainly preaching that.

Just like Bill, if Mayo can’t stabilize the QB position, his ass will be gone sooner than Bill.

By the way, you guys missed a perfect opportunity to hit that disagree button on the OP with all the complaints of their drive by’s.

Being impatient is the best way to suck for years and years, it leads to reaching for prospects out of need in the draft, and bypassing better players, and it leads to seriously overpaying players, as Tennessee did with Ridley. It’s best to have a coherent plan with a variety of options, and let the market and draft come to you. That’s doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be aggressive, it just means they have to be smart about it.

Being impatient is the best way to suck for years and years, it leads to reaching for prospects out of need in the draft, and bypassing better players, and it leads to seriously overpaying players, as Tennessee did with Ridley. It’s best to have a coherent plan with a variety of options, and let the market and draft come to you. That’s doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be aggressive, it just means they have to be smart about it.
I've made it clear in previous threads that I'm not a fan of overpaying. In fact, Ridley isn't even that big of a name and is no way going to entice fans to be excited for the team on Sundays. He signed with the Jags last year and they missed the playoffs. I'd rather take the chances of building through the draft. The complaint has been Bill can't pick the players and have held his personnel guys back. Well, here's their chance to show us what they've got.

I've made it clear in previous threads that I'm not a fan of overpaying. In fact, Ridley isn't even that big of a name and is no way going to entice fans to be excited for the team on Sundays. He signed with the Jags last year and they missed the playoffs. I'd rather take the chances of building through the draft. The complaint has been Bill can't pick the players and have held his personnel guys back. Well, here's their chance to show us what they've got.

I don’t disagree with any of that other than the idea that fans should be impatient. They can be impatient if they want, but that’s no way to run a team.

FYI, here is a list of potential free agents next year. It is a stacked list. Yes, many of these players will be given long term deals, franchised, or given fifth year options by their current teams, but others won't. Or some of these players could potentially be had in a trade this year or next. It might pay off for the Pats to keep a lot of cap money this season and roll it over to next.

Well, you can scratch Aaron Donald off that list now...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back