PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Four Guys Who Sat In Front Of Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know where that comes from because I almost never post here. I only have 210 posts or something in a year

I'm a little surprised this guy isn't getting more support. I could care less about the Patriots logo/clothing thing too (and sam adams is good beer) but the crowd at Gilette does often suck. Nothing wrong with a little ramble-rousing here.

Most of the "rabble-rousers" have hit rock bottom now that the Brady injury has sunk in, and are taking some time off. They'll be back once they decide whether Cassel is a stud or a total bum. Right now they have nothing to cheer or boo.

As opposed to the trendy fans, who'll be back only if they decide Cassel is a stud and this team is going places.

Last edited:
Ill put it this way. The post I wrote was really sarcastic and to be honest I made up most of it from what my image of the typical lousy fan at Gillette is from going now for 7 years. But in all truth The crowd needs to step it up without Brady. We need to get back to how we were circa 2003. Every 5 yard penalty counts! Evry blown timeout counts and I am sorry but football is the one sport where that stuff tangibly matters and the Pats are going to need all the help they can get now.

"I only have 210 posts or something in a year", which means congrats, you do have a life.................we're just messing with you, all in good fun.

Keep supporting the team and screaming your lungs out, nothing wrong with being a true fan.........

Sadly, it's not just the new stadium. Back in the old days Section 220, 2nd tier 3rd row on the 50, the row in front of us had 4 mindless 20 somethings. They'd typically arrive at the end of the 1st QTR and then 2 of them would spend the 2nd QTR of the game waiting in line for beers. One was a skanky female who'd be necking half the game with some losah. She was a fan though, because she'd turn around and give me dirty looks when I'd yell "Throw it to the BLUE team Drew! Not the other guys" after each toss to an opposing LB, Drew style.

I remember them leaving mid 4th QTR once, missing a classic Pats comeback. The next game I was in stitches listening to them squabbling as to whose fault it was that they left early and missed the show.

Sad to say the new seats at Gillete are adjacent to a bunch of corporate seats given to the brown noses of the week who go to the game, buy lots of Kraft's concession food, sit quietly and leave early.

Last edited:
What I honestly dont understand considering how hard pats tickets are to get is how many really young like high school age kids I see in the lower bowl. There are a lot of them now.

What I honestly dont understand considering how hard pats tickets are to get is how many really young like high school age kids I see in the lower bowl. There are a lot of them now.

Their parents. They're the same ones who buy the kids all those new SUVs you see in today's HS parking lots.

Last edited:
I don't know about all of you, but I would welcome four quiet guys sitting near me instead of four, half drunk idiots who are verbally abusive to anyone and everyone the entire game. I know to many of those people.

Yuppy Power................LOL....

My khaki pants aren't that tight and we were drinking Heineken.

to the original poster....

I can understand why you would feel that way, but I wouldn't get bent out of shape over it.

I had my company's tickets to their luxury box for the third preseason game, and let me tell you, I would NOT want those seats for a regular season game. Everything is too fancy and most people in there aren't even watching the game, they are socializing. It seems too distant in the boxes.

I've been a Patriots fan for 15 years, but I live in CA. All I can say is that I route for the team as a fan, but I go to a couple Raiders games a year to be around fans.

Face it, fans are losing their sports to corporations and ticket brokers. And then there are those guys/girls that could care less about what happens on the field as long as they get trashed.

My advice to them, go to the store. Get a 24 pack and turn on the TV. I have no doubt they probably have a decent flat panel tv. But I'd rather have a quiet Patriots fan in front of me than any opponent's fans there.

To the fan that sat in back of me at the old stadium in 1971. It was 20 degrees in the sun. You were striped down to your waste and so drunk you peed your pants. You spilled beer down my back and didn't feel a thing when I clocked you. Your buddy was passed out in the 3rd period.

I'd just like to thank you for giving me such fond memories.:D

You colossal moron. You are on the same board as I am wasting time and reading and responding posts just like I am. Please don't tell me I need to invest in a life that crowd is a disgrace at times.

Learn how to quote my post before you call me a moron :p Also, I may be on the same board as you, and yes....I am responding to posts just like you are.....but, I am not starting threads about the people who sat in front of me at the game last week. The crowd is a disgrace to what? Maybe people were somber because they just watched their franchise qb go down. Btw, the razor is not built for sound.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
nepatz11, just console yourself that the tight pats reduce the chances they'll reproduce.

To the fan that sat in back of me at the old stadium in 1971. It was 20 degrees in the sun. You were striped down to your waste and so drunk you peed your pants. You spilled beer down my back and didn't feel a thing when I clocked you. Your buddy was passed out in the 3rd period.

I'd just like to thank you for giving me such fond memories.:D

You're welcome.

Schaefah Stadium...good times, good times.

They didn't all spend $170 for the game. The company one of them works for did.

An Open letter to the four guys who sat in front of me on Sunday,

Thanks for coming to the game, being completely unfriendly snobs and not doing a thing to support the team. With more fans like you we will quickly reach our goal of having the quietest stadium in the NFL. Hope to see you next week for miami. Best-D

This version isn't funny either.

I never get why when people make tongue in cheek posts, even if there is a backdrop of seriousness to them, that people jump all over them.

Hey, the guy was making a minor point about those that go to the game, and sit there like wet rags. Sure, people can act however they want at games. However, NEPATZ iritation about that, is one that many share. I know I do.

Put me in the column of one who prefers the loud team supporters, rather than the wet blankets. Also, put me in the column of somebody who prefers not to make personal attacks on those that post here. That has long since gotten old.

I never get why when people make tongue in cheek posts, even if there is a backdrop of seriousness to them, that people jump all over them.

I think in this case it seemed like the post was more douchebagery than tongue-in-cheekitude.

I definitely agree that I like a loud, rowdy stadium.

I often wonder when these threads pop up how many of those posting have been to both Gillette and multiple other stadiums around the league. It is neither louder or quieter than most any other stadiums in the league. I've been to probably a dozen games in other NFL stadiums and the other places were no different.

It is a cliche to knock the Patriots crowd for not impacting the game with crowd noise but in all honesty, that really doesn't happen often anywhere in the NFL and pretty much never in open air stadiums. There are only a couple of exceptions - Seattle and KC come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes