PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Four Guys Who Sat In Front Of Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in this case it seemed like the post was more douchebagery than tongue-in-cheekitude.

I definitely agree that I like a loud, rowdy stadium.

Perhaps, but I couldn't spell that, so I went with "tongue-in-cheek". :)

If you watched the Colts Sunday night there were lots of commenets about how QUIET the new stadium was compared to the old. Roof open may have been a factor but like Gillette, open areas and fans further from the action and more luxury boxes makes for a quieter venue.

To the fan that sat in back of me at the old stadium in 1971. It was 20 degrees in the sun. You were striped down to your waste and so drunk you peed your pants. You spilled beer down my back and didn't feel a thing when I clocked you. Your buddy was passed out in the 3rd period.

I'd just like to thank you for giving me such fond memories.:D

You're very welcome! Sad that I had to wait this long for some thanks. :)

I don't know about all of you, but I would welcome four quiet guys sitting near me instead of four, half drunk idiots who are verbally abusive to anyone and everyone the entire game. I know to many of those people.

Sad but true.

I don't know about all of you, but I would welcome four quiet guys sitting near me instead of four, half drunk idiots who are verbally abusive to anyone and everyone the entire game...

Then don't go. This ain't effin church.

I'll support this thread! If I had the money to buy tickets you better believe I wouldnt be leaving with my voice. Get loud!! Show the team you care!

OH and 1 of the first chants last sunday should of been "FU 49".. this chant should of lasted all game!!

Then don't go. This ain't effin church.

So there's only 1 way to behave at the stadium? Good luck controlling other people's behavior. Let me know how far you get with that.

And LOL @ the OP for the waste of time and energy.

I think in this case it seemed like the post was more douchebagery than tongue-in-cheekitude.

I definitely agree that I like a loud, rowdy stadium.

I'm confused. Is "douchebagery" an adjective or a noun?

I say kill this thread unless everyone starts identifying their degree and university.

I'm a little surprised this guy isn't getting more support. I could care less about the Patriots logo/clothing thing too (and sam adams is good beer) but the crowd at Gilette does often suck. Nothing wrong with a little ramble-rousing here.

Those of Us who sat on those "Aluminum Seats" know about a little rabble rousing.The Razors' crowd is soft compared to those days but it's not always a bad thing. I think things have gone too far in making thiongs fan friendly.We need more passion but I think the difference is with the new fan base.There are too many bandwagon fans and not enough real football fans.

The only reason I even mentioned the thing about my college is because whatever I have earned I am not too proud to get into the game and support the team i love. I cant stand it because so many people at Gillette just look so snobbish and look like they think they are too good or proper to cheer, show enthusiasm or make noise. it is aggravating and on my nerves and it drives me nuts.

To all the people who have made fun of me or criticized me on this thread you say you love the Pats but cleary not enough to put your mouth where your money is, so to speak, when you are at a game. YOU ARE THE PEOPLE THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHY PIERRE WOODS FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS ON EVERY DEFENSIVE PLAY HAS TO EMBARRASSINGLY TAKE A TOWEL AND BEG THE CROWD TO MAKE NOISE. EVERY PLAY. WHAT A DISGRACE! Do you think he is doign that for his health. No. He is doing it because he thinks he will help the team that he earns his living from win. If the players are begging you to make noise and you dont I am sorry you are not a good fan and you dont deserve to be at the game. And even still people see that and still ignore it.

I have been to almost every game at Gillette and I know what that stadium is capable of when it rocks. My whole point in making this thing up was to mock the typical lousy Gillette fan. How he looks, acts at the game, dresses and his general non chalant, let me leave a close game early, attitude and eveyone who has been going to games knows what I am talking about.

The only reason I even mentioned the thing about my college is because whatever I have earned I am not too proud to get into the game and support the team i love. I cant stand it because so many people at Gillette just look so snobbish and look like they think they are too good or proper to cheer, show enthusiasm or make noise. it is aggravating and on my nerves and it drives me nuts.

To all the people who have made fun of me or criticized me on this thread you say you love the Pats but cleary not enough to put your mouth where your money is, so to speak, when you are at a game. YOU ARE THE PEOPLE THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHY PIERRE WOODS FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS ON EVERY DEFENSIVE PLAY HAS TO EMBARRASSINGLY TAKE A TOWEL AND BEG THE CROWD TO MAKE NOISE. EVERY PLAY. WHAT A DISGRACE! Do you think he is doign that for his health. No. He is doing it because he thinks he will help the team that he earns his living from win. If the players are begging you to make noise and you dont I am sorry you are not a good fan and you dont deserve to be at the game. And even still people see that and still ignore it.

I have been to almost every game at Gillette and I know what that stadium is capable of when it rocks. My whole point in making this thing up was to mock the typical lousy Gillette fan. How he looks, acts at the game, dresses and his general non chalant, let me leave a close game early, attitude and eveyone who has been going to games knows what I am talking about.

crying_baby.jpg

crybaby.jpg

Last edited:
To all the people who have made fun of me or criticized me on this thread you say you love the Pats but cleary not enough to put your mouth where your money is, so to speak, when you are at a game.

Or maybe some of us can scream our heads off at games, lament that some others do not, and yet somehow not come across as total pricks by making an alleged "tongue in cheek", completely unfunny post. I would have thought you might have learned how to do that while earning your very advanced degree from a very prestigous university.

Guess not, eh Doctor.

This is currently my favorite thread at patsfans.com.

I just dont understand why people have such a problem with this post.
Its a fact the Pats are lacking something that could benefit them. Shouldnt that be debated? Frankly PAtjew I think you are taking it a little too seriously. It was meant to be mocking and sarcastic and not funny. Obviously you were threatened by it for some reason which is why you feel the need to take personal shots at me whcih is dumb because you dont know me at all. Like I said before the only reason I put the thing about college in is because I just hate that some people seem like they think they are too good to support the team im sorry if it came off as arrogant it wasnt meant to be at all i wasnt trying to impress or anything like that just make a point that Im no bum off the street and I still get into it just like everyone else should too if they really support this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing