PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Flying Elvis, Is it due to change down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me how passionate people can get on this subject matter and opinions are all over the place. As noted before I love the silver alternates. And, heck, I liked the couple times back in 2002 when they went all blue (jersey/pants) at home. I thought that was a real intimidating look and would like to see it again.

it seems the silver uniforms will stay 2 years more and then the red throwbacks and Pat Patriot should return from 2009

finally !

White Elvis on one side and black Elvis on the other one... well, if we're going down that road (and don't need hispanic, Jewish, or Asian elvis...) at least we have a model for the flip side of the helmet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHuOvRat7tc

PFnV

White Elvis on one side and black Elvis on the other one... well, if we're going down that road (and don't need hispanic, Jewish, or Asian elvis...) at least we have a model for the flip side of the helmet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHuOvRat7tc

PFnV

If we do red jerseys again, they should change the team's name to The British Army. Or, The King's Subjects. Actually, I'd like to see us go permanently to all-silver unis. Is it really true that the artist's model for Pat Patriot was a guy sitting on a toilet?

Last edited:
Hate to get all practical but did anyone ask Brady or any other QB if they see their receiver any differently if they are wearing red, white or grey?????

Hate to get all practical but did anyone ask Brady or any other QB if they see their receiver any differently if they are wearing red, white or grey?????

Depends on the weather, doesn't it? :eek:

Brady, a true Patriot, does not fire until he sees the whites of their eyes.

How do you feel about our current logo? - I think it won't be too long in the next few years ahead where we change the logo/helmet since we have redone the Jersey design a few times already in the past 13 years.

Do you like the Flying Elvis? - The Pat Patriot better? - or maybe The vintage Patriot hat logo from the very early Boston Patriot years?

And which type of design would you like to see Kraft and his designers change it to and any additional colors or changes to the current one?

I would say by 2010 we have some new type uniforms/helmet designs - Hopefully none god awful like what the Broncos did years ago :eek: .

I think they'll keep the Flying Elvis for a while. I wish they'd put Pat Patriot on the shoulders and keep Elvis on the helmet. Best of both worlds.

How about having the flying elvis head on the body of Pat Patriot with pats head removed and flying elvis head attached to the body instead - Pretty cool idea eh?

I would like to see an alternate Flying Elvis with a black face. I think that would be cool.
Why? Do you have a racist prejudice against people with silvery gray skin? ;)

new_england_patriots_logo_200.jpg

Count on it - there's a lot of money to be made in new marketing opportunities... perhaps not the most dramatic of changes - but it will happen.

I'd put my money on an updated version of the original.

i think for the fans, quite many as i see when there are this threads, that loves/preferes Pat Patriot to Flying Elvis it could be enough to use the throwbacks + Pat Patriot on the helmet ONCE A YEAR as the third uniform

i do not think it is 'asking too much'...

this could be a good compromize between 'old' and 'new'

Totally agree. Once a year is not too much to ask. Other teams wear their throwback unis.

Also the silver jerseys suck. They're not silver, they're more of a dirty grey color.

infortunately last time was @ Det (Thksgiving) - 2002

it was awesome to see Brady, Seymour, Bruschi with Pat Patriot and the red uniforms and it was a win

It was actually a loss.....they lost Tedy in that game (that is). Once Tedy went down...the team couldn't stop the run and missed the playoffs on the last game of the season when the Jets beat a good Green Bay team. GB didn't need the game as they were already in the tourney.

Also the silver jerseys suck. They're not silver, they're more of a dirty grey color.

You're wrong. I own a silver authentic jersey, and it's SILVER, not gray. Coolest Pats jersey of all, too.

a return to Pat Patriot back would be awesome for me

i really hope this year will be finally the time we will use the throwbacks uniforms and Pat Patriot

When I was 5 or 6 years old, I wondered why that guy on the helmet was handling a poop....:eek:

Maybe that's why I still hate it.

I'm a little suprised at all the hate for the silver jerseys. I don't mind them at all.

Nobody has mentioned the real reason we will never see the Pat Patriot logo again: cost.

The old logo was a very detailed, intricate design which made reproducing it on helmets, jerseys, and memorabilia very expensive.
Hmmm. I doubt Robert Kraft is crunching the numbers in order to get cheaper logos on the sides of the helmets of his billion dollar team. But you might be right:rolleyes:

The logo is what it is, I have a jacket with the flying elvis logo on one side and the pats patriot on the other side.. either is fine with me, it is more about the guys on the field and who is coaching on the sidelines.

It was actually a loss.....they lost Tedy in that game (that is). Once Tedy went down...the team couldn't stop the run and missed the playoffs on the last game of the season when the Jets beat a good Green Bay team. GB didn't need the game as they were already in the tourney.

if i am not wrong we beated Detroit on THAT game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick