PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Flying Elvis, Is it due to change down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you feel about our current logo? - I think it won't be too long in the next few years ahead where we change the logo/helmet since we have redone the Jersey design a few times already in the past 13 years.

Do you like the Flying Elvis? - The Pat Patriot better? - or maybe The vintage Patriot hat logo from the very early Boston Patriot years?

And which type of design would you like to see Kraft and his designers change it to and any additional colors or changes to the current one?

I would say by 2010 we have some new type uniforms/helmet designs - Hopefully none god awful like what the Broncos did years ago :eek: .
when youve established a championship tradition why in the world would you change? it would be like the yankess, packers, celtics, lakers, and canadians changing their logos, if they changed it , it would be stupid anf kraft wont change it

Hardly the motto for a Patriots fan. We should always be looking to improve our team, via trade, free agency, the draft, or graphic design.

Leave the uniforms be, at least for a decade or so. I'd rather the Pats upgrade the folks in the uniforms. :)

The silver alternate uniforms are nasty. I'd like to see them dump those and bring back the red uniforms as their "new" alternate uniform.

I like the uniforms and I think they should leave them be for a while.

i like the current uniforms .the last thing i want to see is anything like the broncos uniforms .those look ridiculous

a return to Pat Patriot back would be awesome for me

i really hope this year will be finally the time we will use the throwbacks uniforms and Pat Patriot

Cartoon logos are done like disco in the NFL.

Simply put, the Pats won't be messing with success.

The current logo is only 7 years old, folks (at least in its colors). This has been the logo which will stick for years and years (see: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore/Indy Colts).

Why change it back to something (Pat Patriot) indicative of failure and mediocrity? Why modernize it when it's already one of the most modern logos in the league?

I think at this point you have to keep Elvis, he's associated with too much success now. Once a year the old 80's unis with Pat and the red shirts is good enough for my nostalgia fix. A while ago someone photoshopped a new alternative uni with the same helmet/pants, but red jerseys in the same style they use now. It looked pretty cool for a replacement for the silver jersey alternate.

I'd love to see a dominant Patriots team wearing the old throw back Pat Patriots style jerseys - it would be quite the mind-****.

Here are the newest logos in the NFL. Are any of them cartoonish?

177.gif

(2005)

154.gif

(2004)

173.gif

(2003)

The silver alternate uniforms are nasty. I'd like to see them dump those and bring back the red uniforms as their "new" alternate uniform.

i really dislike the silver third uniform (they seems the road white uniforms but dirty...) and you are totally right: bring back the throwbacks like the official third uniform (so we can use them minimum once every year)

It would be cool to have the regular flying Elvis on one side of the helmet, and a black flying Elvis on the other side. That way everyone on the team and in the fan base would feel represented by the logo.
Not everyone! What about the Jewish Flying Elvis, complete with tallis and yamaka?

i really dislike the silver third uniform (they seems the road white uniforms but dirty...) and you are totally right: bring back the throwbacks like the official third uniform (so we can use them minimum once every year)

Am I the ONLY one that doesn't mind the silver alternate jersey? I love the color of silver... it doesn't look dirty to me. Dirty would be a shade of brown, wouldn't it?

Am I the ONLY one that doesn't mind the silver alternate jersey? I love the color of silver... it doesn't look dirty to me. Dirty would be a shade of brown, wouldn't it?

I agree. I have an authentic one myself.

Nobody has mentioned the real reason we will never see the Pat Patriot logo again: cost.

The old logo was a very detailed, intricate design which made reproducing it on helmets, jerseys, and memorabilia very expensive.

The silvers are ok, but I think I speak for most people on this board in saying it would be alot cooler to see the pats were the old school pat patriot unis instead of the alternates once or twice a year. I am amazed that the team has not used them since the Thanksgiving game a few years back, throwback stuff sells out all the time on the proshop they would sell alot more merchandise in my opinion.

The uniforms will eventually be tweaked, and then change. That's sports. As for the logo, I think it's here to stay for quite some time. Sports are a business, and part of a business is establishing brand identity. The Patriots finally have brand identity. People see this:

patriots_logo.gif

and they now think of excellence. I wouldn't be surprised to see the uniforms tweaked after the current era is over, but a complete re-branding would be a shocker. Also, it's very rare for a team to go back to an old identity- especially one with a losing tradition.

Personally, I love the current logo. I would like to see the old unis once or twice a season as a throwback, but only because I like the concept of throwback jerseys. If that isn't possible, I'd like a red alternate jersey, and I'll go ahead and throw up a concept I've posted a couple of times before for this idea, a blend of the past and present:

PatsConcept.jpg

I'm also currently working to make something of a futures concept based on the initial 1993 debut of the blue unis. I really loved that style

drew.jpg

I always thought the term “flying elvis” was an insult to the organization. The image of the patriot in the logo has sideburns so it must be Elvis? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Don’t change the logo…. It what Patriot football is all about and it’s associated with winning championships!

The silvers are ok, but I think I speak for most people on this board in saying it would be alot cooler to see the pats were the old school pat patriot unis instead of the alternates once or twice a year. I am amazed that the team has not used them since the Thanksgiving game a few years back, throwback stuff sells out all the time on the proshop they would sell alot more merchandise in my opinion.

infortunately last time was @ Det (Thksgiving) - 2002

it was awesome to see Brady, Seymour, Bruschi with Pat Patriot and the red uniforms and it was a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents