PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The first day of free agency sucked, unless you're a Jets fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonhard has verbally comitted to Rex, I understand from the Jets board.

They did resign their G, who they cut, just like we did to Yates, for less dough. Yates was a scrub reserve, thier's was a "starter"; that no one else seemed interested in. Washington is good, Jones is a "...TWO-yards-and-cloud-of-dust", type RB. That is why he has been much traveled. He can get you a thousand yards, 2 yards at a time.

Denver's problem was never their Offense. And they haven't done much there, on their Defensive woes.

This is still early in the day. Denver has James Sanders and Mike

Wright available for them to sign.

Okay we got that out of the way. The OP definitely needed to be told that nothing "sucked" until BB says it did, possibly in retrospect, 15 years from now or something.

BTW, I also disagree that losing Vrabel was in some way disasterous. Obviously the Taylor pickup is a positive... I don't know anybody that would argue that point (though I am ready for the argument.)

But again, Fred's not a HUGE pickup a la Corey Dillon or Randy Moss. Just a pretty well-known name, probably with a couple more years left in the tank, a good guy to get in the rotation for good value.

As we've all seen, FA is a marathon, not a sprint. I remember being stoked when we added Stallworth... then as we all remember, Moss fell into our laps.

We would do well to remember that the moment a guy leaves he was "getting old anyway even though we love him," and the moment we get a guy, we are exercising this legendary front office expertise... from our homer point of view. It might well be that letting Vrabs go was, all in all, a mistake, though the reasons for it can be enumerated, and the payoff for it is not yet known.

Around here, we know that on our own, we'd hit on 3 of 10 decisions/deals at the NFL level. The Pats might hit on 6 of 10, with a very bad front office hitting at 4 of 10. We should remember that we're amateurs, that the Pats are the best of the pros at this (with the exception of MAYBE 1 or 2 other teams,) and that even the bloody Lions are better at this stuff than we on the board are. Okay maybe not the Lions but say the Vikings.

All that said... even our butt-kicking front office can be wrong. The problem is any one of us is that much more likely to be wrong.

Okay I got the need to state the obvious out of my sytem. Game on again!

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back