PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The fact that this VERY BAD...doofin team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOUCHDOWNS are touchdowns no matter what....last time I checked......If the Pats were winning 49-7 and in the last 2 minutes against OUR SCRUBS......the doofins were to score.....I would not be upset......but to give up 3 offensive TD's with Chet Lemon (who?) at the helm.....and to have Matt Cassel play like a 1st year college freshman.....was pretty upsetting FOR THIS fan.......I must be like BB...because god knows he will be doling out huge piles of humble pie after this win.

Don't get me wrong.....I know that we didn't even come CLOSE to losing this game....and I am so psyched that we WON!!!!....but to give up that many points to quite possibly the WORST team that we have faced thus far...that is alarming......maybe BB had a strategy there......maybe he had a dinner date and figured....the more you let them score....the faster the game will be over........I don't know....

You are a ******* moron. Period. First, it's Cleo Lemon. Not "Chet Lemon," "Cleo Lemons," or "Chet Lemons." Second, if you don't want someone to point out that one of the TDs was off of a turnover, don't post that the "doofins..... scored 28 points off our defense......" And do you realize that Pierre Woods and LeKevin Smith and Meriweather (all backups or "scrubs") were playing meaningless snaps at the end of the game when the "doofins....." scored their touchdowns. Just quit it with your complaining and the "our defense..... sucks....." threads.

The thing some people forget is their is another set of professionals on the field with us during our games.
I know I thought it was crazy to at first but it seems to be the truth.
Give lemon some credit he made some decent throws the Patriots were in a sort of prevent defense basically the whole game.
That's why Jesse chatman looked like LT, and Patrick cobbs looked like well a kevin faulk clone.
We'll be fine, but is anyone else worried about that these Patriots under BB never defeated the Redskins?
Just saying but nothing surprises me anymore about this team.

GO PATS!
Seymour will be activated in 2 weeks, Jackson activated this week that's my prediction.

This is a great post...very logical...without flaming the poster.....well thought out and intelligent...I am not in any way sad about this big win....I am justkind of shocked that our D....and our so called backup QB who hawk eyed the receiver....were able to give up 28 points to this team........I am sure Chet is a decent 3rd stringer or whatever he is....just would like to see us tighten up....I would have thought that even our backups would have held them to less than that.....put me in the BB category,......probably never truly happy even during a win....;)

stcJones is correct to be concerned about the PATs defense.

Against teams like Miami it doesn't matter. But when they go up against teams like the Colts that can score and have a good RB .... it IS a concern.

To bring some of you back to reality.

1. PATs went into this game trying to stop R.Brown.
2. Wilfork said thy had tackling problem against the BOYs but
they got it fix this week.
3. No one can say that in the 1ST Q the PATs D was not trying because
of the points

yet at the end of the 1st Q with the score 14 to 7
the PATs D was allowing R.Brown to run for an average of 6.2yds/carry.

It is a concern ... not saying it will remain a problem ....
but as of today .. it is a concern.:rocker:

Lets hope BB can find the cause of the problem and fix it.

thank you stcJones for your very correct observation.

His very wrong observation. You can't even get the score right, it was 14-0 at the end of the first, why on earth would I listen to the rest of your drivel?

Against teams like Miami it doesn't matter. But when they go up against teams like the Colts that can score and have a good RB .... it IS a concern.

of the points

Could be they were playing to prevent the big play while compiling 42 points?

Even at 6 yards a carry, it's hard to march down the field for 6 touchdowns.

If they started at the 20, that would be 80 carries at six yards a pop.!!:eek:

Last edited:
Now let's take off the love affair goggles for one moment and ponder some stats. This is the Miami Dolphins. Don't forget. These stats were posted on ESPN.
Miami attempted 3 fourth downs and converted 3.

Miami had more first downs than NE.

The Pats allowed 6.0 yards per carry on the ground.

Keep telling yourselves whatever you choose but the fact is that these stats are a bit alarming. There also seems to be a trend of the defense getting tired after the first half. Maybe BB, in all his genius should look to players next year who don't get senior citizen discounts at your local buffet.

These stats are going to rear their ugly heads against good team in January.

of the points

Finally a voice of reason.........these friggin homers on here have ruined this board.....gawd forbid you post any REALISTIC post on here anymore.....gets their little panties in a bunch and cracks their little rose colored glasses......Good to see a true fan on here JR.....where you been? Where are the rest of the "originals"??? Alot of good football minds in the past on this board....sad to see what it has become.........no one can take any criticism..........thanks for your post JR.....wish there were more like them!!!!

Could be they were playing to prevent the big play while compiling 42 points?

Even at 6 yards a carry, it's hard to march down the field for 6 touchdowns.

If they started at the 20, that would be 80 carries at six yards a pop.!!:eek:

??????????????????????????? :confused::confused::confused:

Let try it again ...

In the first Quarter the PATs were trying to stop R.Brown.

They could not do it as he ran for 6.2yds/carry.

They had a similar problem last week. Wilfork said
' they were not tackling well but they fixed it this week in practice"

They obviouly did NOT fix it ......

Not saying it is a major problem .... am saying it is a concern when a team
tries to something and it can't.

If they can not stop Colts run better than they played today ... that
could be a big problem.

I hope BB can find out why this happened and fix it because you can bet
Colts are going to want to see how R.Brown was able to get 6.2yds/carry.

Finally a voice of reason.........these friggin homers on here have ruined this board.....gawd forbid you post any REALISTIC post on here anymore.....gets their little panties in a bunch and cracks their little rose colored glasses......Good to see a true fan on here JR.....where you been? Where are the rest of the "originals"??? Alot of good football minds in the past on this board....sad to see what it has become.........no one can take any criticism..........thanks for your post JR.....wish there were more like them!!!!

That's it, you're officially a troll, like the poster above you. Give me a break with your crap, you have no idea what you're talking about, you have no football insight, you have no business opening your mouth on the subject, because you are clueless.

Now let's take off the love affair goggles for one moment and ponder some stats. This is the Miami Dolphins. Don't forget. These stats were posted on ESPN.
Miami attempted 3 fourth downs and converted 3.

Miami had more first downs than NE.

The Pats allowed 6.0 yards per carry on the ground.

Keep telling yourselves whatever you choose but the fact is that these stats are a bit alarming. There also seems to be a trend of the defense getting tired after the first half. Maybe BB, in all his genius should look to players next year who don't get senior citizen discounts at your local buffet.

These stats are going to rear their ugly heads against good team in January.

I know you are probably a troll here.....but you make great points......don't let any of these morons hear these kind of stats.....ssshhhhhh.....don't rock the boat,.........keep it down.....their rose colored glasses may fall off!!!!! Seriously, we kicked Miami's a## today.....I get that.......but to even give them any points in this game was hard to figure.....BB's press conference in which he showed some frustration/anger with this very fact demonstrates this point.........some of these homers can stand to hear anything negative.....

??????????????????????????? :confused::confused::confused:

Let try it again ...

could be a big problem.

Colts are going to want to see how R.Brown was able to get 6.2yds/carry.

Yeah, we'll just ignore that 19 yard run on fourth down that totally inflated his average, without Wilfork being on the field. Was it a bad play? Yes. Could they stand to improve? Yes. Does it mean Ronnie Brown was gashing them? No. Not even close.

You are a ******* moron. Period. First, it's Cleo Lemon. Not "Chet Lemon," "Cleo Lemons," or "Chet Lemons." Second, if you don't want someone to point out that one of the TDs was off of a turnover, don't post that the "doofins..... scored 28 points off our defense......" And do you realize that Pierre Woods and LeKevin Smith and Meriweather (all backups or "scrubs") were playing meaningless snaps at the end of the game when the "doofins....." scored their touchdowns. Just quit it with your complaining and the "our defense..... sucks....." threads.

Does it really matter if I get his name right D-bag???? OK you are right on one point Einstein....so here goes......"their offense scored 3 TD's and their defense scored 1 TD"....there is that better????? Clear it up for you? Point is......we NEED to tighten up our defensive tackling and play before the Indy game........and we better make sure our backup QB can come into the game with a huge lead and stay the course as well without blowing it......Seriously, like BB said.......there are still areas in which we need to improve on....thank gawd for minds of reason.....GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are probably a troll here.....but you make great points......don't let any of these morons hear these kind of stats.....ssshhhhhh.....don't rock the boat,.........keep it down.....their rose colored glasses may fall off!!!!! Seriously, we kicked Miami's a## today.....I get that.......but to even give them any points in this game was hard to figure.....BB's press conference in which he showed some frustration/anger with this very fact demonstrates this point.........some of these homers can stand to hear anything negative.....

I see you've found someone on your level to talk with... I watched the PC and BB only expressed frustration with the mediot who asked about running up the score.

The hysteria and hystrionics here are just incredible. Some of you should be drummed out of the fan base and forced to root for a loser team as pennance.

Yeah, we'll just ignore that 19 yard run on fourth down that totally inflated his average, without Wilfork being on the field. Was it a bad play? Yes. Could they stand to improve? Yes. Does it mean Ronnie Brown was gashing them? No. Not even close.

"Could they stand to improve? Yes"

Wait a minute.....are you contradicting yourself here? You are correct Rick....there are areas that need to be tightened up prior to us going up against Indy...Pitt....or even the skins next week......them's the facts.......

???????????????????????????
:confused:
Let try it again ...

could be a big problem.

Colts are going to want to see how R.Brown was able to get 6.2yds/carry

Are you learning impaired? I even did the math for you. To score 42 points by running from scrimmage, a runner starting from the 20 would need 80 carries at 6 a pop.

If you know of any running backs that have run for 480 yards, tell BB and I'm sure He'll play 8 in the box when the other team needs about 42 points to take the lead.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let's see
2, 8, 6, -3, 12, 2, 5, 19, 5

Ok take away the hi and low (-3 and 19 )

the average is still 5.7yds/Carry! THAT IS A LOT! for a team that is
trying to stuff the run. ..... don't you think???

I think that sums up pretty well what a lot of the people in this thread are trying to say.

Is the sky falling with the defense? No, otherwise the games would be MUCH closer.

Is there room for improvement with the defense? Abso-freakin'-loutely. They will, collectively, have to play much better as a unit when the Patriots play Indianapolis, the one team who can hang with them scoreboard-wise.

The defense is a HELL of a lot better than these scores indicate. The folks talking about "garbage time" are right for the most part. Even so, I personally would like to see that defensive intensity for 60 minutes, and I'm sure the coaching staff would as well. Hence, they're gonna get a nice big plate of humble pie this week.

Is the sky falling with the running game? No, it's still a top 10 rushing attack. The Patriots are so successful through the air, it just appears like they can't/don't run.

Is there room for improvement in the run game? You bet. Maroney's injury doesn't seem to be 100% healed yet, and Morris will be out past Indianapolis. It's a banged up group, but I think they're doing pretty well. For my own purposes, I would like to see them run more in the 2nd half and kill clock to keep the defense of the field, but then again, I'm not being paid multi-millions to make these decisions, so I think Belichick might have some idea as to what he's doing.

Are you learning impaired? I even did the math for you. To score 42 points by running from scrimmage, a runner starting from the 20 would need 80 carries at 6 a pop.

If you know of any running backs that have run for 480 yards, tell BB and I'm sure He'll play 8 in the box when the other team needs about 42 points to take the lead.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

your extrapolation is a non sequitur.

Since you decide to respond degradingly I'll follow suit.
All your wonderful math does not fix the run defense displayed by the
PATs today. But be happy you can add and multiply but you apparently should leave logic and deduction to someone else.

your extrapolation is a non sequitur.

Since you decide to respond degradingly I'll follow suit.
All your wonderful math does not fix the run defense displayed by the
PATs today. But be happy you can add and multiply but you apparently should leave logic and deduction to someone else.

guys come on play nice, same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference