PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The fact that this VERY BAD...doofin team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
stcjones .... and those who supported you in this thread ...are vindicated.

and to all those so called know it alls in this thread that gave you grief
read today's Globe article and smarten up.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/10/23/patriots_to_tackle_problem/

PATRIOTS have problem on run defense. Period.
I just hope they can fix it and knowing BB they will do better.
But for anyone who thinks there hasn't been a run D problem
this article should smarten you up.
(if you have an open mind and can comprehend what you read)

stcjones .... and those who supported you in this thread ...are vindicated.

and to all those so called know it alls in this thread that gave you grief
read today's Globe article and smarten up.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/10/23/patriots_to_tackle_problem/

PATRIOTS have problem on run defense. Period.
I just hope they can fix it and knowing BB they will do better.
But for anyone who thinks there hasn't been a run D problem
this article should smarten you up.
(if you have an open mind and can comprehend what you read)

Perhaps you should read your own quoted article:

"One curious coaching call by the Patriots came on the Dolphins' fourth-and-1 play in the first quarter. Despite what appeared to be a running situation, the Patriots had their dime defense (six defensive backs) on the field, with four linebackers and one lineman. The result was the Patriots getting overpowered at the line of scrimmage and Ronnie Brown pounding the ball up the middle for a 19-yard gain."

Attachments

• babyjesuscry.jpg
    babyjesuscry.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 24
has racked up 28 points against our defense........MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER Teams that we have played that are MUCH better teams than the lowly doofins....what the he** is going on here? How can Chet Lemon, with a bunch of second rate WR's and a half A## OL come out and score like this on the Pats? BB SHOULD BE PISSED!!!!! I expected us to come out here and kick the doofins a##.....and our offense has DONE THAT........our defense has either been playing sloppy at best....or BB has some other reason for playing a soft defense........
"
Don't get me wrong...ecstatic for the tremendous pounding that the Pats have laid out on their defense overall......however, since I live in S. Florida....am EMBARRASSED that our D has given them 28 points.......unbelievable.........the doofin fans will look at this as some kind of victory........

We were up 42-7 at the half. Complaining about 14 second half points (7 from a dumb throw by Cassell) in a game that was clearly out of reach for the Dolphins at that point is just silly IMO.

Who cares? If we had been winning 21-7 at the half, do you think the defense might have been a little stiffer? I do!

Perhaps you should read your own quoted article:

"One curious coaching call by the Patriots came on the Dolphins' fourth-and-1 play in the first quarter. Despite what appeared to be a running situation, the Patriots had their dime defense (six defensive backs) on the field, with four linebackers and one lineman. The result was the Patriots getting overpowered at the line of scrimmage and Ronnie Brown pounding the ball up the middle for a 19-yard gain."

I read that ..... so?
whether the problem is coaching or players
( it's combination as BB said )
the fact is the Run D of the PATs is having problems and it needs to be fixed. To play Mr. all time HOMER doesn't avoid this fact
Noone here, stcones and others, has suggested that it can't be fixed.
But some in this thread would have us believe there is NO problem
and rap on like anyone who suggest that is a problem is a heretic or
some other kind or low life PATs fan.

Well from that article those of us who see this concern stand in good company... BB included.

RayClay, I can't believe you who had so much to say about our aging LB
core is in denial about this.?:confused:

We were up 42-7 at the half. Complaining about 14 second half points (7 from a dumb throw by Cassell) in a game that was clearly out of reach for the Dolphins at that point is just silly IMO.

Who cares? If we had been winning 21-7 at the half, do you think the defense might have been a little stiffer? I do!

Who cares????? You should if you're a PATs fan and know this defense will
be facing a pretty good run/pass offense in a few weeks.

If PATs D can't solve their run D issues then the Colts will use their run game
to play ball control and wear out our aging LB core. That's why we
should care.

I read that ..... so?
whether the problem is coaching or players
( it's combination as BB said )
the fact is the Run D of the PATs is having problems and it needs to be fixed. To play Mr. all time HOMER doesn't avoid this fact
Noone here, stcones and others, has suggested that it can't be fixed.
But some in this thread would have us believe there is NO problem
and rap on like anyone who suggest that is a problem is a heretic or
some other kind or low life PATs fan.

Well from that article those of us who see this concern stand in good company... BB included.

RayClay, I can't believe you who had so much to say about our aging LB
core is in denial about this.?:confused:

Do you think playing more than one of our excellent linemen on 4th and 1 would help?

Yes our linebackers are aging. But we've added an all pro and we're really deep at safety.

It's called perspective. A special teams scrub that would never get a sniff at playing in our regular defense was immediately scooped up by Cinci. Cleveland is lacking NFL caliber linebackers too.

We have 5 good NFL quality LBs for 4 spots to go with the best group of linemen I've ever seen and a very good and deep secondary.

Perspective means seeing the whole picture and being able to make criticisms or observations without going off the deep end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes