PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The EXTREMELY Official Adopt a Sophomore Binky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BenJarvus Green-Ellis!

He really stood out to me for the limited role he had. Of course, that could be because I was able to pick out that long ass hyphenated name on his back even from across a room or without my glasses...but whatevs. BJGE it is!

:agree: Agree on BJGE he stood out in my mind, and I think with work over the offseason can steal some snaps. Also would have to go with Guyton, he was just what we needed last year, and has extreme potential which can be reached with the work ethic he is showing.

I'm going to go with Crable.

im going for wheatley. i hope he steps up and turns into a sold #2

I would like to see Wheatley 'get it on'. BB & SP don't usually draft a DB in 2nd round so there must be something special that they saw on game tape from U Colorado games. Plus with his injury history (which pushed down his draft stock) - it makes it even more interesting why he was drafted in 2nd round.

So I want to see this potential he flashed for a few plays last year - to become onfield production in 2009. I hope he beats out the competition to win the starting CB spot. If a veteran JAG beats out Wheatley or Whilite for the starting CB job, then that is not good news with the development of our CB corps (especially as Hobbs is a unrestricted FA after 2009).

Is Mike Richardson eligible?
He red-shirted, so he should be in, right?

All my binkies wither and die, so I'll do these fine young men a favor and not pick any of them. :)

All my binkies wither and die, so I'll do these fine young men a favor and not pick any of them. :)

I feel your pain, ShirtDynasty, but hope spings eternal......... :cool:

No doubt that Crable would fill a huge hold but it's got to be Wheatley for me. If he could take the step to being an average NFL CB who makes a few big plays (as he did in college), we'd suddenly have a pretty good secondary (Wheatley, Hobbs, Meriweather, Sanders) and would only need a guy like Wilhite or a draft pick/FA to step up as a Nickel guy to see a whole new secondary.

I'll take Slater cuz hardly anyone else did:D plus he's been hidden away getting ready to strut! Of course I thought the same about CJ but details,details...I'm going with Slater. The Crab Train's getting too crowded:singing:

For the record, Slater sucked balls last year. What a disappointment.

I am going with Crable. Not only does his name rhyme with Vrabel, we really need a good LB who can both rush the QB and set the edge. Let's hope he emerges.

Gotta take Wilhite.:cool:

Wow - standing room only on the Crable train! He was my first choice but I prefer a seat especially if he will be around for 4-5 years when the binky is gone.

So I am going with Wilhite for reasons already pointed out above. I think he is going to be more durable than Wheatley who has had previous problems with his wrists (did I read somewhere he already had a rod in there before last season fracture).

My spare binky is for O'Connell to do well in TC and the pre-season. Then to come in on mop-up duties and add some more points!

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for Redd because I actually predicted him as a Pats pick last year (saw that he'd spent time under Al Groh, also that he's 6-6, 260 and ran a 4.65 40 didn't hurt).

Ton of potential, did well on ST (8 TT in 5 G). I know it's a bit crowded at OLB right now and should get more so after draft day, I just hope he makes the cut.

Wow - standing room only on the Crable train! He was my first choice but I prefer a seat especially if he will be around for 4-5 years when the binky is gone.

So I am going with Wilhite for reasons already pointed out above. I think he is going to be more durable than Wheatley who has had previous problems with his wrists (did I read somewhere he already had a rod in there before last season fracture).

My spare binky is for O'Connell to do well in TC and the pre-season. Then to come in on mop-up duties and add some more points!

I'm fully onboard the Crable-Train but will adopt O'Connell as my Baby-Binky also.....:eek::

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft