PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Dan Connolly Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
screenshot20101219at114e.png

I don't think it was funny. I believe it was awe inspiring.

Oh, I don't mean to belittle his awesome effort. Sometimes you laugh out of sheer delight. :)

Last edited:
Personally, I was laughing like mad and my husband wanted to know how a football game had suddenly gotten that funny.

Same here.

It reminded me of the scene in The Replacements where the lineman catches a tipped pass and runs it in for a TD and the Madden commentary that went with that scene.

And yes, it was awe inspiring and may well have saved the game given the way things were going at the time.

Last edited:
Connolly really had the play of the game with that huge return. Momentum came back to the Pats after that play and they go into the half only down 3 instead of 10. That was huge! Thanks alot big guy!

I hope they give him the game ball.

Thank god pats won so we can still look back at that without a painful loss in mind. I was hoping he'd just go down so he wouldn't fumble but DAMN. This guy needs to get the ball more :D .

Connolly reminded me of a Sam Cunningham 70+ yard run from long ago. At the end, Cunningham looked like he needed oxygen.
=======
Connolly deserves the game ball. His run was the difference maker and certainly the play of the game.

Last edited:
My crazy mind playing games with me but maybe the team should use him as a short yardage back... as we can see, he is not afraid to run WITH the ball... and he is fairly fast for a 300+ pound freight train...

;)

I have five-starred this thread in honor of Connolly.

I thought he could do the job back in August...he did...and when Mankins finally came back, Dan just takes over Neal's spot...guess the Kaczur >>>>>Connolly thing is a dead horse

You know that hallway where the team puts up a highlight photo from every win? Please, oh please let it be the immortal Connolly stiff-arm.

Maybe this?:

Attachments

• connolly.jpg
    connolly.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 563
funny thing is...there he is, rumbling,bumbling,stumbling, two hands cradling the ball with his arms around it..and then ..BANG!~...he's in the open field, the ball goes into his left hand, his strides increase, his SPEED actually ramps way up and he's OFF TO THE RACES! That stiff arm was P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

Last edited:
Would love to see him get a carry out of his goal line FB subs. He's a great story. Hey, he's faster than people think -- he was the 7th fastest tackle at the 2005 combine :D

Rumble young man rumble!

Honestly that was amazing. I can guarantee I will never in my life forget that play. I went completely nuts when it happened and was actually surprised by how much of it I missed (his cut-back, loaf-of-bread carry) just because I was going ape****.

Honestly though it breaks my heart that he didnt score on the play, if he does its easily Play of the Year.

Honestly that was amazing. I can guarantee I will never in my life forget that play. I went completely nuts when it happened and was actually surprised by how much of it I missed (his cut-back, loaf-of-bread carry) just because I was going ape****.

Honestly though it breaks my heart that he didnt score on the play, if he does its easily Play of the Year.

It's already play of the year hands down. If he scores, it's one of the best in NFL history, no doubt about it.

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear Berman go off on this.

RUMBLIN, BUMBLIN, STUMBLIN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes