PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Colts game is a trap game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colts-Patriots Point Spread Isn't The Biggest Ever, But It's Close

by Joel Thorman • Nov 30, 2011 12:14 PM EST

.......... New England's came in Week 12 of the '07 season against the Patriots while the 49ers were 23.5 favorites over the Bengals 18 years ago.

2007 Eagles vs. Patriots: 23.5 (3)

hmmm. How do you beat yourself by 23.5 points?

at least in the data Mr Ima Writer-Thorman did copy/paste correctly.

This is the perfect Pats esque trap game.

You can honestly see it being possible. We probably start the game with the wild cat, Taylor Price at QB, who runs sideways and fumbles, fumble is recovered for a TD.

Now what is your reaction? The Pats as dominate as they are can get too cute and start doing trick plays and fumbling left and right. I wish we were on the road, then I would really expect trouble.

The Colts are genuinely bad. One of the worst teams I have ever seen. They aren't trying to lose.

I would agree the Colts players are trying, even while watching that Garcon fumble.

It is very hard to imagine that their front office is trying their best to win, however. The Colts never make any waiver claims. Sure, most waived players are crap, but now and then a useful one comes along. Before the deadline they made no trades. Sure, NFL trades aren't common, but they were in bad shape already with enough time left in the season to fix it that they would have tried.

Then their injury lists, if you pay attention, have a lot of inconsistencies. Players sit with seemingly phantom injuries on a semi-regular basis.

Beyond waived players, veteran free agents have been available at positions where the Colts are using undrafted practice squad players, and they do not even offer a tryout, despite having cap space available.

Then there is the Jim Caldwell factor. A team wanting to win would not put up with his incompetence. You can't help but wonder if he doesn't stay around BECAUSE OF his incompetence.

Last edited:
I would agree the Colts players are trying, even while watching that Garcon fumble.

It is very hard to imagine that their front office is trying their best to win, however. The Colts never make any waiver claims. Sure, most waived players are crap, but now and then a useful one comes along. Before the deadline they made no trades. Sure, NFL trades aren't common, but they were in bad shape already with enough time left in the season to fix it that they would have tried.

Then their injury lists, if you pay attention, have a lot of inconsistencies. Players sit with seemingly phantom injuries on a semi-regular basis.

Beyond waived players, veteran free agents have been available at positions where the Colts are using undrafted practice squad players, and they do not even offer a tryout, despite having cap space available.

Then there is the Jim Caldwell factor. A team wanting to win would not put up with his incompetence. You can't help but wonder if he doesn't stay around BECAUSE OF his incompetence.

The Colts have had no chance at making the playoffs for quite some time now, claiming players off the waiver wire and signing free agents is literally just wasting money at this point.

If they end up 0-16 they will really need to evaluate everything they have on the roster and make some major changes in the coming offseason. This Franchise needs to be gutted from top to bottom. Only way to know who to keep is by playing them instead of picking up vets on a 1year deal and inviting them to lose some games. ...FA's probably also don't want to be part of this season either.

Anyone who thinks the Colts are actively trying to win is kidding themselves. They usually start games off alright only to disappear at the first sign of trouble, no matter how small. They might not be trying to lose outright, but the all out effort to win games isn't really there.

If the Patriots come out and score in their first possession, Indy will just lay down and die.

Anyone who thinks the Colts are actively trying to win is kidding themselves. They usually start games off alright only to disappear at the first sign of trouble, no matter how small. They might not be trying to lose outright, but the all out effort to win games isn't really there.

If the Patriots come out and score in their first possession, Indy will just lay down and die.

Once again, its worth noting, that the Colts have reached the point where they can "afford" to win a game.

No one can "catch" them in the race for last place, even if they beat the Patriots.

I'm among those who agree, the Colts have purposefully tried to tank the season - but the job is complete. Technically they could beat the Patriots and "lose out" and they have sole custody of last place.

If ever there WAS a game where the Colts were going to try to win, this is it.

Its funny but i wish we had tanked the season in 08 without Brady.:rolleyes:If this team loses to the colts then i dont know what to say anymore.The colts are terrible for a reason.

You never know, by throwing yesterday's game to the woeful (12-straight road loss) Carolina Panthers yesterday, King Polian has accompished his ultimate goal this season, the "Tank for Luck" quest is complete. Yesterday's Colt rollover has guaranteed themselves the top pick.

With that said, Polian has to make this look good, so he may actually want the Colts to "try" in this game so that no one suspects that he was tanking on purpose.

There's a lot of things wrong with this theory.

1) Polian isn't in charge of the team.
2) Caldwell is the head coach.
3) Even if Polian told the players to tank, it is HIGHLY unlikely it would still be a secret. It is also HIGHLY unlikely that the players would agree to this.
4) Going 0-11 doesn't exactly assure Polian he keeps his job.

Stupidity from a Patriots fan. What else is new?

3) Even if Polian told the players to tank, it is HIGHLY unlikely it would still be a secret. It is also HIGHLY unlikely that the players would agree to this.

Colts fans invented stupidity their ignorant fanbase we hear it every day now with how bad the Colts are, praising Manning Peyton is a top 5 QB of all time in my eyes but this season doesn't really tell me anything besides the fact the Colts FO is incompetent. Peyton means so much to them because how they are built. The Colts just have the worst QB in the NFL who started for them this season. Add in an average guy like Cassel, and the Colts win 3 or 4 games. They were on the decline anything. This also doesn't show Peyton>Brady, for anyone using this as an example. The Bulls made it to the Finals without Jordan and the Cavs turned into the worst team in the NBA without LeBron, but that doesn't mean LeBron>Jordan.

This Wayne911 guy has tremendous interpersonal skills......:ugh:

Even if the Patriots play as bad as a team would have to in trap game in order to lose they would still beat the Colts. The Colts are so bad they couldn't win a trap game.

You never know, by throwing yesterday's game to the woeful (12-straight road loss) Carolina Panthers yesterday, King Polian has accompished his ultimate goal this season, the "Tank for Luck" quest is complete. Yesterday's Colt rollover has guaranteed themselves the top pick.

With that said, Polian has to make this look good, so he may actually want the Colts to "try" in this game so that no one suspects that he was tanking on purpose.

I don't think it will be noticeable whether they try or not.

Man up and admit it, everyone else knows, you can say it: Wait I'll say it for you:

"The Indianapolis Colts made a team decision after it was learned the Peyton Manning would be out for the year to make sure they lost the most football games to get the next great franchise QB"

It's OK to admit it. It was team choice, an organizational decision. It's clear as day.

Andrew Luck in a Colts uniform was a result of a team and an organization trying not win football games, plain and simple. What a joke !

Last edited:
It'd be pretty hard for the Pats to lose against this team considering the fact that Indy WANTS to lose to get Luck...but I don't trust this pass defense against any QB.

No way Pats lose at home against the Colts. This won't be a trap game, even if Admiral Ackbar showed up on the Pats sideline.

The Patriots don't lose at home to bad teams. This will be a rout, Pats will dial up whatever score they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST