PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Colts game is a trap game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts quit the minute Irsay said they might draft Luck. Pollian would put the entire 53 on IR if there was even a whiff they would win 2. The league should install a top 10 lottery for this one draft as payback, this is one of the most disgraceful things i have ever witnessed in sports, and every season ticket holder for the Colts should get a full refund.

Actually the Colts quit after Irsay got word that PM was done for the year. That was all the Colts brass had to hear and the plan was put in place from that point on. Their entire game film for this season should be gone over with a fine-toothed comb by the league. Disgrace.

funny-pictures-cat-has-set-a-trap.jpg

if this game was in Indy,I would be more worried

this is probably the weakest team to have ever visited Gilllette in its 9 year history.

no excuses that this game should be within 17 points

It's a trap game for the Colts...Going against a long-time rival might make it difficult for them to continue to purposely lose. They'll really have to fight off their instincts to try this Sunday.

Ole Pierre, just following orders:

NFL Videos: Bengals' big man scores

Ole Dallas, wow you always used to have good hands, what's happened this year?

Indianapolis Colts team report: Despite late fumble, Pierre Garcon has been a bright spot - NFL - Sporting News

Notes: TE Dallas Clark’s slow start to the season has resulted in more time than usual on the sidelines for the former Pro Bowl selection. In Sunday’s loss to the Bengals, the coaching staff frequently used backup TE Jacob Tamme in passing situations, not Clark. Tamme is a solid receiver, but lacks Clark’s after-the-catch skills. Clark had three dropped passes in the Oct. 9 loss to Kansas City, then lost a fumble on his first reception against the Bengals

:eek:

Last edited:
Just when you thought the trap game threads were gone
... they pull you back in :ugh:.

coreleone.jpg

Last edited:
The Patriots have been posted as 21 point favorites over the Colts in Early Vegas Betting lines.

That might be the biggest lopsided spread in Patriots history ...favoring the Patriots that is.

In 1990 I think we were 21 points dogs half the season ;)

It's a trap game because we could probably beat them by strictly running the fullback trap every play........

The Colts quit the minute Irsay said they might draft Luck. Pollian would put the entire 53 on IR if there was even a whiff they would win 2. The league should install a top 10 lottery for this one draft as payback, this is one of the most disgraceful things i have ever witnessed in sports, and every season ticket holder for the Colts should get a full refund.

:yeahthat: And didn't they do something like that once before too? I put nothing past Irsay and Polian, nothing. They should wear bags over their heads, how embarrassing. That list of who's out is ridiculous- someone should make a sign of it and boo. Where's GODel? He sticks his nose into everything else why isn't he all over this one:rolleyes:

The Patriots should win this game huge. All the statistical signs point to that. Plus the game is in Foxboro.

However, a couple of things make me nervous about this one:

(1) Light is still banged up, and he traditionally has trouble with speed rushers like Freeney. Freeney can still get to the QB (5.5 sacks), and Mathis (5.5 as well) can too. I'm worried about Brady getting absolutely drilled in this game a few times.

(2) Despite our seeming improvement in the secondary, this Colts team still has some weapons. Reggie Wayne is still a really good WR, and Garcon and Clark can still do damage. I know they have a crap QB, but Vince Young is a crap QB and he got it going early against NE. Granted, the last 100 yards of his day were garbage time, but he still threw for roughly 300 when the outcome was still TBD. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Painter throw for 250-300 yards.

Again, the Pats should win this game handily, but bad things can happen, and the Pats' secondary is still vulnerable. But if they can just keep Brady upright against the Colts' DE, then I think they light up Indy.

No chance the Colts let themselves win.

My biggest concern is that I forget it's a 1:00 game and miss it. Been a while.

jim_caldwell.jpg

"Our shields cannot repel firepower of that magnitude!"

Regards,
Chris

i don't think he's blinked since last play-off game.

If the Patriots win by 40, they will 1) have run up the score, and 2) have beaten the worst team in the NFL (national media.) If the Patriots win by 20, they will 1) have shown how flawed they are on offense, and 2) have shown how flawed they are on defense (Borges, Felger and Mazz.) If they tie, the Patriots will 1) have shown how they can't get up for games against clearly inferior opponents, and 2) have shown that BB's days as an elite coach and TB's days as an elite QB are over (Jackie Mac, Ryan and Shank S., aka Curly-Haired Boyfriend.) If the Patriots lose, they will 1) be deserving of banishment forever from the NFL for being the fraudulent, cheating outfit everyone always knew they were (all of the above mediots.) Enjoy your week!

That might be the biggest lopsided spread in Patriots history ...favoring the Patriots that is.
They hit 24 against Philly and 22 against Miami in 2007. They were very weak against the spread at the end of that season, finishing I believe 1-7 (including the playoffs).

Polian is going to be planting bear traps on the football field? This game isn't close. 51-10.

Any given Sunday. It's possible the Colts have a 12 week losing streak hunger that can only be satisfied this weekend. It's possible this is the weekend the world will see Paintermania! on a lacking Pats secondary. It's possible the Colts purposely threw all their games up to this point just to fool New England.

But I don't see it. :snob:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing