The Boston Celtics/NBA Playoffs thread

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well, good to see horrific officiating is still alive and well in the NBA. You guys got screwed hard and put away wet in Game 1. Outside of that, the Cleveland game was a horror show. LeBron should have had 3 fouls (two offensive) in the first seven minutes. Instead, various Detroit Pistons get called. Didn't watch Spurs/Grizz but I saw the clip of Lance Stephenson throwing his hands up in complete disgust after having to deal with Leonard's defense. That was pretty funny.

Well, good to see horrific officiating is still alive and well in the NBA. You guys got screwed hard and put away wet in Game 1. Outside of that, the Cleveland game was a horror show. LeBron should have had 3 fouls (two offensive) in the first seven minutes. Instead, various Detroit Pistons get called. Didn't watch Spurs/Grizz but I saw the clip of Lance Stephenson throwing his hands up in complete disgust after having to deal with Leonard's defense. That was pretty funny.
That's LeBron since the day he came into the league. He's a football player playing hoops and he just bulls his way straight to the basket and if you breathe on him, it's a foul.

Now the Cs are without Bradley for the rest of the series, and KO for probably the next game minimum. Not looking good.

well, this was a fun season (not). Game 2 not looking good at all. What a poor pick Marcus Smart was. No where near where he needs to be at this point in his career and especially for such a high draft pick.

No offense, but that was probably the worst offensive display that I've seen in years in an NBA postseason game. Marcus Smart was pure dung and your only natural scorer is Thomas. Thomas is a good player but he's ideally a guy that you want as a complimentary piece to a superstar like Durant. In all, this is a tough, smart team that's well coached but, in the end, talent is going to win you a playoff series and the C's are lacking in top end talent this year.

the only thing that matters this season is the off season. the Celtics were never going to win a title this year and in boston there are no moral victories. i expect trades and hopefully a major free agent signing. they have so many 1st rd picks they can't keep them all.

we need to get the #1 or #2 pick is this draft...Simmons and Ingram are good players that will help right off the bat. After those two, the talent drops off significantly. We really need to bring in a solid FA (Durant) or someone that can shoot

The Pistons are actually making a series out of this. That's another team that's fairly stocked with young talent.

Nice Game 2 win for the Heat. Loving the way Deng is playing thus far this postseason. He's making shots with his eyes closed. Whiteside is a beast and one of the best centers in the entire league. He's going to get a FAT contract in the offseason.

i wish the celtics ended up playing the heat in the playoffs. they swept them this year. they are to the heat what atlanta is to the celtics.

With the exception of Bradley, the Celts roster is just a bunch of bench pieces. A healthy Crowder deserves to be a starter but not for a championship quality team. Thomas is a 6th man and this series has exposed his various flaws. ALL the big men must come from the Island of Misfit Toys and I get uncomfortable watching them flail.
Most interesting to me is that Ainge did NOTHING during the regular season..believing his squad could make noise…but the reality is…he has one legit NBA starter…Bradley….and failed to do anything about it.. I expect a massive overhaul this summer…probably from sign and trades if they can convince a FA to commit to Boston….BIG if!!

i wish the celtics ended up playing the heat in the playoffs. they swept them this year. they are to the heat what atlanta is to the celtics.

Doesn't really mean much, though, Captain. The Nets swept the Heat, IIRC, two years ago in the regular season then got handled pretty easily in the postseason. Top end talent wins out in a 7 game series and the said top end talent usually gets the calls too. The Heat simply have more of that. Stevens is an excellent coach, though, so if you guys can get your hands on a superstar like Durant and package those picks together with another scorer, the Celts should be set for years.

we will never know .not this year anyway. I think you overrate the heat though.

Last edited:
we will never know .not this year anyway. I think you overrate the heat though.

Not really. The Heat aren't going anywhere either. They'll be out in the next round. But they do have more top end talent than the C's have, which was my original point. Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng, and Hassan Whiteside would all easily be starters in Boston. That's without even counting Bosh.

Not really. The Heat aren't going anywhere either. They'll be out in the next round. But they do have more top end talent than the C's have, which was my original point. Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng, and Hassan Whiteside would all easily be starters in Boston. That's without even counting Bosh.
you may be right on paper anyway. but on the court playing together as a team i think the two teams are very close. they both finished with the same record and the celtics beat them three times this year. sometimes like you said it doesn't matter in the playoffs. but sometimes the opposite is true. most people up here wanted to face the heat. atlanta is a bad match up for the celtics. they have the celtics number. I liked the celtics chances against the heat. against atlanta not so much.

Last edited:
you may be right on paper anyway. but on the court playing together as a team i think the two teams are very close. they both finished with the same record and the celtics beat them three times this year. sometimes like you said it doesn't matter in the playoffs. but sometimes the opposite is true. most people up here wanted to face the heat. atlanta is a bad match up for the celtics. they have the celtics number. I liked the celtics chances against the heat. against atlanta not so much.
Yeah some teams match up better with others. Atlanta matches up well with Boston where Boston matches up well with Miami.

howard looks like he had plans that harden just changed. wtf lol.

Probably because he did. Howard is so toxic. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my basketball team if I was a coach, front office guy, or an owner.

Jerebko starting over lard ass Sullinger ... LMAO.
Be nicer if sullinger becomes a DNP ... I'd sub Zeller in there before lard ass.
I would put Jordon Mickey in there over fat ass.
My grandmother is quicker than Sullinger.
Jerebko just stuffed a rebound ... Sullinger no way can do that with his lead feet.

Okay ... I'm over it now.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back