PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Heat-Celtics Eastern Conference semifinal thread

Anyway, I expect the Celtics to give the Heat their best shot in Miami. Normally, I would expect a loss like tonight's to completely demoralize a team, but not Boston. The Celtics are Dracula. You can't just simply shove the stake into their hearts. You have to pound it in with a hammer.

This series is over. Doesn't matter how much heart they have...heart doesn't win over youth and athleticism. They are too old. It's not the effort, it's that they are playing a just as talented (if not more talented) and younger team.

The Heat will still have a lot of pressure on them though next series. Beating an aging Celtics team isn't the goal...it's winning the championship. Anything less than that and the whole basketball world will be laughing and rightfully so. When you have two of the current top 5 players on the same team in their prime, you better win it all.

I am not ready to throw the towel in yet....I have watched every minute of every game and I understand what everyone is saying but we can win in Miami, then we would come back to Boston and hopefully push this to a game 7....If that is the case then I like our chances....There is an extra off day built in between games 6 & 7 which will be needed for the older Celts and so I don't believe that fatigue would be a huge factor in game 7.....

On a side note, I would love to see Doc use some high energy guys in short spurts like Von Wafer off the bench who has shown he can play some and can shoot....Green has been good in spurts but our second unit has had trouble scoring so why not bring in a guy like Wafer for energy....Just a thought Doc...

Much in the same way I said that I would have defended Pierce if he had done the same thing to Wade in Game 1, I would have defended the Celtics and Doc Rivers if they sent someone in to retaliate on Wade.

And it cost the Celtics again last nite - as the Heat were once again the more physical team. And it allowed them to control the game when it mattered much. Look no further than Bosh's dagger putback. This Celtics team is soft inside.

Who would've thought 5 months ago we'd be talking about the soft Celtics vs. the tougher Heat. My god.

I just don't understand where this team's fire went. Well, I guess I do, it got traded to OKC. The reality is KG is a fake-tough. Without some real meat next to him, he is not a tough interior presence - an athletic one, yes, but not someone who makes his presence known and keeps people out of the paint. It's why KG has to resort to cheap shots - he doesn't create contact in the natural course of the game, the way a Perk or Shaq does. To his credit, JO is playing so much better than I ever hoped, but its not enough.

Dwayne Wade has been the most physical player in this series. The Celts should be ashamed of that fact. They've let Miami get the upperhand.

It's still not 100% over for Boston. I have hopes for Game 5 - but even if you win that, how do they expect to win three straight? They can't. Boston doesn't have any of their big four playing well right now. Miami will never go three games without a potentially game-changing performance from Lebron or Wade. It just won't happen. That's why they are relentless and tough to beat.

The Celts have played good defense at time throughout this series and have no excuses as to why they are down 3-1. They really shouldn't be. If they hit their shots, if they manned up and stopped playing soft, if they pushed the ball, if Rondo let loose on offense - we'd be the team up 3-1. Instead, this era is about to end either Wednesday or Friday probably with a whimper.

Last edited:
According to ESPN, Shaq will not be able to go tonight and possibly for the rest of the series. I guess the leg is really bothering him. C's fans shouldn't be worried, IMO. They gave the Heat all they can handle in the last game even though he got in foul trouble despite only four minutes of play.

I see the Celts putting up a fight tonight and stealing a win by 3 points or so and forcing it back to Boston where I think they will pull it out within the last minute of play and force a game seven.

Unfortunately by game seven,this team will be exhausted to the max and get blown out in Miami,it will be over by the third quarter and LeBron will take a seat and watch the rest of the game.

.....but the series is NOT over tonight

Last edited:
I see the Celts putting up a fight tonight and stealing a win by 3 points or so and forcing it back to Boston where I think they will pull it out within the last minute of play and force a game seven.

Unfortunately by game seven,this team will be exhausted to the max and get blown out in Miami,it will be over by the third quarter and LeBron will take a seat and watch the rest of the game.

.....but the series is NOT over tonight

Hope it's not over tonight

About to be another 5000 turnovers again tonight :bricks:

About to be another 5000 turnovers again tonight :bricks:
Decent start by the Celtics. I hope Doc keeps turning over the rotation and attempting to play our guys in bursts to keep them fresh for the stretch.

Here comes the no calls again...Bosh was out and that ended up as a 3...West hand was hit..no call...Does every NBA ref bet on the game?

Have no fear Heat fans - Scott Foster will not allow you to lose this game. Somewhere, Donaghy chuckles.

Have no fear Heat fans - Scott Foster will not allow you to lose this game. Somewhere, Donaghy chuckles.

x2..heat have what....20 more FTs? Really?

C's should be up by 15 by now..trying to keep the heat in the game..gets more viewers

Last edited:
Well gg guys...over when the refs walked on the court

It's sad how bad they want miami to win

ANOTHER blown cal...should have been an and 1

Last edited:
Well gg guys...over when the refs walked on the court

It's sad how bad they want miami to win

ANOTHER blown cal...should have been an and 1
After Baby (he's aggravated the **** out of me this post-season) was called for the travel I hope someone cuts a tape of LeBron doing it every offensive possession where he charges the paint and it's allowed).

Well 2 points up in Miami with the season on the line. We'll get an idea of this team in the next 12 minutes.

After Baby (he's aggravated the **** out of me this post-season) was called for the travel I hope someone cuts a tape of LeBron doing it every offensive possession where he charges the paint and it's allowed).

Well 2 points up in Miami with the season on the line. We'll get an idea of this team in the next 12 minutes.

It's lebron..he is god..he can do stuff like that

It's lebron..he is god..he can do stuff like that
I'm normally an officiating apologist because they have incredibly difficult jobs to do (especially in playoff scenarios) but they've been diabolical this entire series and for both sides.

Last edited:
Delonte is playing a huge game for the Celtics tonight. Right on Gloria. Right on.

He comes 30 FT this quarter

The officiating is truly suspect.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes