PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"The Tradition"...Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
86 Celtics would dominate them. They were all too short and slow.

Not to mention that shooting percentages in the 60s were way lower than in the 80s. Everyone on the 86 team was a better shooter than virtually everyone on those 60s teams.

post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-QTlX.gif

Not to mention that shooting percentages in the 60s were way lower than in the 80s. Everyone on the 86 team was a better shooter than virtually everyone on those 60s teams.
Coaching was nothing like it became either. Doc Rivers in the 2000s was a far greater tactic scheme guy then Auerbach. Auerbach was a great fundamental guy and talent evaluator and motivator, but he really had no one in his way to win all those titles. They just had to be better than a few teams which they were. The fact that they won 8 in a row, and 11 in 13 proves my point. Nobody could something like that today, nor could they back then without simply having a pretty ****ting league.

DUDE!! Say that to them in the locker room before the game and...ouch, this game could get ugly real fast.

Normal, natural physiological improvement over generations is real; but you have to look at it as: being on a level playing field or court, and the dimensions and playing surface are the same for both teams.

We weren't playing against bums when we won eight straight titles.

there were only 7 other teams in the league during the '58-'59 season, and 8 other teams in the league during the '65-'66 season. there were three rounds in the playoffs, with a wildcard-type setup--6 teams made the playoffs, with the division winners getting to skip the first round. in 7 out of those 8 years, the celtics finished 1st, so they only had to play in 2 out of 3 rounds.

fewer opponents and an easier path to the championship in the playoffs makes the 8 straight championships less impressive in my book.

Anyone see the username "Actual Pats Fan" and think it sounds like an alien who came to our planet and opens a burger joint called "Real Earth Charred Cow Disks"?

Executive summary: I hate the Pats logo, so I'm going to trash the team, its owner, and oh, randomly, the Celtics execs too.

"It's the End of the World as he knows it...and he feels whine"

So has anyone deciphered the OP yet? Is it something like the Rosetta Stone? Or more like the screed published by the Unabomber?

6a9.gif

So has anyone deciphered the OP yet? Is it something like the Rosetta Stone? Or more like the screed published by the Unabomber?

At first, I thought I was just a dumb French-speaking guy who couldn't grasp the brillance of his prose. I was quite relieved when I noticed that all the English speakers on the forum didn't understand either.

I feel less dumb, thank you fellow Patriots fans!

I'm not sure, but I think the OP is about this:
9882acb2f9277de4b559a4d642b6be3c.jpg

So what you're saying is, you hate the new logo? The one that has been around for 23 years now?

Are you related to Don Quixote?
I'm sorry; I didn't realize that keeping something wrong a year after its unholy creation when the perpetrator is gone, and then eight years later when the ballyhooed overrated new quarterback, new coach and old stadium likewise are all gone, and you're obviously at the dawn of a dynasty and can look like it like previous ones in sports history, and then fourteen years later, makes it right.

September 20, 2007

_____________________"Good Morning, New England Patriots Offices, may I help you?"

Yes, thank you, this is Commissioner Roger Goodell, is Coach Belichick available?

_____________________"Yes, one minute please, Mr. Goodell..."

_____________________"...Hello?"

Yes, Coach Belichick, this is Commisioner Roger Goodell, how are you today? Coach, I'm following up on our analysis in response to the complaint the Jets files against you the week before last, and it turns out, we've determined that your guys are filming your opponents from the wrong area of the stadium.

Listen, Bill, I apologize for the ambiguity in the memo we sent out twice which contradicts the rule book; we're clarifying it with the rest of the teams now, and we're going to try to have everyone on the same page going forward. We're not taking any punitive action, and thank you so much for your patience.

Have a nice day Bill, and good luck.

...*Ring...Hello? Oh, Hi Mr. Johnson. Yes, about that crusade you and your peers are on to expose the Patriots as cheaters. Well, to tell you the truth, a couple of weeks ago this dictionary was somehow left on my desk, and it was opened to the word, 'integrity'. I actually read it, sir, and if you're expecting me to do your bidding, then you'll have to go ahead and fire me, sir. [Click!]

...(boy, I never thought that smoking weed for the first time last month on the Cape would change my life like this...good thing they don't test the Commissioner...)

Last edited:
Executive summary: I hate the Pats logo, so I'm going to trash the team, its owner, and oh, randomly, the Celtics execs too.
I didn't trash the team. Like Tony Eason, Drew Bledsoe had his moments here. That does not elevate him to the level of others that were vastly better than him, and Tony.

As far as the Celtics execs, they did win one (1) title, which is immeasurably greater than zero.

The Lakers? They signed Michael Cooper, despite the numbers not justifying it.

The Bulls? They signed Dennis Rodman.

The Spurs? They kept their stars and didn't screw it up.

Result? Multiple titles.

When compared to every PatsFans.Com article I've read, the OP deserves awards for form and clarity. Ian should hire this guy as his replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back