PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The annual: Top 5 Hated NFL Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take this in a slightly different direction. My 5 most hates individuals in the NFL so the teams they are affiliated will comprise my list.

1. Al "I will live forever" Davis: Has a bigger douche bag ever existed
2. Rex "Morgan Spurlock has nothing on me" Ryan: Just shut up already
3. Bill "my team can't win unless I change the rules" Polian: Pipe some more crowd noise in
4. Lord "I mean it this year" Favre: The quintessential me first attention whore
5. Bill "I should be able to shop for the groceries" Parcells: Ray Lewis was close on this one but effectively costing the Pats a shot at winning the SB the way he did cements him in the top 5.

Honorable mention: Ray Lewis, Rapistberger, Don Shula, and Mercury Morris.

Last edited:
Giants
Steelers
Jets
Broncos
Ravens

#1. JETS now and forever. It started with Namath when they kicked our ass. Then a few times when they cost us a playoff spot but the Border Wars made it eternal. Glad to see Brady carry the torch of hatred expoused by Pats LB Steve Nelson and many others.

#2. PHINS: I'll admit that this may be from a geezer perspective but for many years Pats fans had to watch the upstart noveau Dolphins romp thru the AFCE and AFC to SB glory. Even afterwards with their perrenial SB tease Marino, unrequited SB contestants as they may have been they were a formidable foe. More recently, bombastic fans like AQUA have helped extend the hatred.

#3. COLTS: Win the 3 spot because of 2 things. The incessant omnipresent media ballwashing of Manning and the fact that in recent years they have kicked our butts. Sad but true. The worm however is about to turn.

#4. Squealers: First beat them for the playoffs with Bledsoe and Curtis "The Traitor" Martin. Always a formidable foe but post Bledsoe's choke we've owned them when it counted. Therefore behind the ponies.

#5 Chargers: Jetlike in their blatherings and with obnoxious players. A nice dormat to the playoffs for us.

Hon Mention:
Denver, once a foe now a farm team for future HCs
Raiders, self explanatory, Curse you in Hell Ben Drieth & you-know-who
Giants for old times sake, the JETS of the 60s but that was SO long ago

This one. The phins are second for me(Jets first,undeniable)) because of Shula, Marino, Spygate, the "undefeated season", and that *** bottle of champagne they open every year. :mad:

I don't have the Ravens either, just because I really don't care about them all that much but that's just me. They're irrelevant, I'll hate them when we play them though, no doubt one of them will be mouthing off enough to spark up some ire:D

Last edited:
This one. The phins are second for me(Jets first,undeniable)) because of Shula, Marino, Spygate, the "undefeated season", and that *** bottle of champagne they open every year. :mad:

Excellent points about the Phins that I neglected to mention. Their whole champagne poping, Mercury Morris, Shula mindset. Definitely #2 right behind the JETS.

Is Nut convinced to move the Phins up to the #2 spot :singing: Just thinking about that whole scene (and right, I forgot about Mercury Morris-ugh) pi**es me off all over again, I might move them right on up to number 1 :D

1. Steelers
2. Broncos
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Dolphins

1. Jets - Never has a team that should have been 8-8 and missed the playoffs generated so much hype based upon bringing in an old man OLB who WAS best used as a DE, who is just about done, a RB whose wheels have been falling off for the past three years, and an overrated CB who was run out of his previous stop with injury, intelligence, and fatherly issues. Throw in their big mouth fat boy coach, and you have a pretty clear cut #1 here.

2. Colts - At least the Colts have beaten us a good amount in the last few years and deserve a top spot, though. The Jets got it, but really didn't do anything to earn it. The Colts, on the other hand, have beaten us. They also have a media whore who throws his team under the bus when he messes up at QB, a coach who doesn't really appear to do any coaching whatsoever, and a doucher GM who manipulates the rules in order to get his team into the big dance. Their fans are made up of mostly fantasy football nerds who cream their pants whenever Manning completes a pass and who will most likely jump ship when he does. The other 1/4 of their fans are toothless hicks residing in Indiana.

3. Steelers

4. Chargers

5. Dolphins

Only the top two warranted rants.

There are a lot of variables to consider when putting together this short list. One factor would be the fans, the team's fan base in general. Steeler and Eagle fans can be quite obnoxious for the most part, but at least they are passionate about their teams. On the other hand Charger fans have devolved into a bunch of thugs who have trouble filling their stadiums - and then there are the three teams in Florida who seem to have as many empty seats or opposing fans as their own fans on game day; which of those three groups do you rate as 'worst'? Besides fans, then there are specific players (e.g., Brett Favre, Ray Lewis, Adam Jones, etc.); specific coaches (e.g., Brad Childress, Rex Ryan); specific front office personnel (Parcells, Polian); specific owners (Dan Snyder); and specific teams that have either been a thorn in the side or an impediment in the past towards the Pats' success (e.g., the Broncos during the Elway years; the Dolphins for twenty years prior to the 'Squish the Fish' game.

So after giving all this about thirty seconds of consideration, here's my five:

Steelers
Jets
Raiders
Dolphins
Colts

Really tough to leave the Chargers off the list. They'd probably have made it if LdT was still playing for them.

Is Nut convinced to move the Phins up to the #2 spot :singing: Just thinking about that whole scene (and right, I forgot about Mercury Morris-ugh) pi**es me off all over again, I might move them right on up to number 1 :D

No, but I am very disappointed in myself for not having the Steelers on my dishonorable mention list. I wish I could blame it on drugs.:cool:

Last edited:
Wtf did you leave the planet in the late 90's or something? Parcells, Curtis Martin and all that. How could you not dislike them immensely if you are old enough to remember Gastineau?

Parcells hiring was the reason why the Pats were no longer the laughing stock of the NFL - some of you fail to acknowledge that and only look at what he did AFTER he left the team prematurely,without Parcells and his drafting and great coaching who knows what direction this team would have gone - some of you are spoiled brats who only look down on a person after he has left the team - I remember the good as well as the bad.

Curtis Martin did go to the Jets but he was a good reason why this team had gone to a SB out of nowhere,the running game was awesome with him on the team - he was a horse in the backfield that we sorely needed then.

1. New Jersey Jets
2. Cowboys
3. Raiders
4. Dolt fins
5. Steelers
6. Chargers

I respect the Colts.

No, but I am very disappointed in myself for not having the Steelers on my dishonorable mention list. I wish I could blame it on drugs.:cool:

I like the Steelers. They always roll over for the Patriots. The top five teams that roll over when necessary for me are:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
Buffalo Bills
St. Louis Rams

(Any Team Coached by Marty Schottenheimer)

1.) Lakers

2.) Canadiens

3.) Yankees

Because some things cross all boundaries

4.) Dolphins - Until Parcells/BB, they were the evil empire of the AFCE

5.) Bears - Angelo, L. Smith, Martz and Cutler. What's not to loathe?

The Jets aren't on this list. They even suck at generating a sufficient amount of hate.

Maybe a new thread is necessary. For me Duke tops the all-sports list followed by the Yankees, Jets, Lakers and Cleveland Browns as long as Eric Mangenius has a job there.

Do we we really hate the Yankees more than the Jets now that Steinbrenner is no more? Woody Johnson with all his disregard for the salary cap in this last year of the CBA is turning into the new Steinbrenner. He's broken ranks with the other owners and evolving into the new Al Davis. I wish he would move the Jets to LA.

A-Rod is a good reason to really hate the Yankees, but a lot of the bile is dissipated right now with the Sox lack of personality and the traitors elsewhere (Clemens being fitted for a prison jumpsuit, Johnny Damon in Detroit, Boggs at the Hair Club for Horny Men, etc.).

I don't understand all this hatred for the Jets. They just aren't relevant enough to hate. It's like hating the mentally challenged kid down the block. Sure he's obnoxious and maybe he broke your garage window that one time, but geez all ya really can do is step back, feel sorry for the kid, and say "there but for the grace of God go I."

My top 5 for this year are Colts, Steelers, Vikings, Redskins, Chargers.

Last edited:
I still see a lot of the Giants on some of these lists. I don't have any hard feelings for them these days, as I've realized that they simply played a better game. My mother's side of the family is also from NY, so I had a soft spot for the Gmen long before that day.

My list:

1. Jets. No explanation needed. They are worthless.

2. Steelers. Hate Big Ben, hate him even more now. The only thing worse than a Steelers homer is a Jets homer.

3. Dolphins. Tough division rival. Unlike the Jets, however, I actually have some respect for Sparano/Parcells and many of their players, especially Pennington.

4. Cowboys. They're not America's team, they're Dallas's team. Why do southerners think they represent America?

5. Colts. Hate Peyton, Polian, and all the rest, and most of their fans are morons who just started following football a few years ago. However they get a lot of respect, because with them we have what is probably the greatest quarterback rivalry of all time, and the games are always exciting because the Colts are good every year, similar to the Pats. They always give us a good game.

1a- Jets
1b- 'Fins
1c-Colts
1d-Steelers
1e-Titans

1. JETS :mad:
2. JETS :rolleyes:
3. JETS :enranged:
4. JETS :nono:
5. JETS :bricks:

I hate the Jets so much (even more so this year with their risen ego) that I can barely feel hatred towards any other teams at this point.

I also strongly dislike the Chargers, Steelers and Dolphins.

Yeah I dont hate the Colts anymore. I just flat out don't care about them.

Last edited:
Been a member here for many years, read daily, rarely post. Anyways wanted to jump in and add my list of the 5 most hated teams. To clarify, hated teams to me are those teams you just hate seeing beat the Pats, the ones that make you feel absolutely miserable for the few days after the defeat.

1) Steelers
2) Broncos
3) Jets
4) Colts
5) Dolphins

Been a member here for many years, read daily, rarely post. Anyways wanted to jump in and add my list of the 5 most hated teams. To clarify, hated teams to me are those teams you just hate seeing beat the Pats, the ones that make you feel absolutely miserable for the few days after the defeat.

1) Steelers
2) Broncos
3) Jets
4) Colts
5) Dolphins

With a team like the Colts, I get heartbroken the moment we lose (especially if its close like last seasons) but then I can respect the Colts.

When its the Jets, I end up hating football for a good week.

I think this is my same list as last year, but maybe I moved the Jests up a bit after a year of Wrecks....

1. Raiders (RIP Darryl Stingley)
2. Cowboys (I grew up in Philly. 'nuff said)
3. Jets (I think I bounced them up one in honor of the new "HC of the NYJ.")
4. Dolphins (Shula. Marino. Parcells. Again, 'nuff said)
5. Chargers (This spot could go to several teams, but they're "Still the One.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST