PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 300lb "What If" in the corner of the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how you guys try to spin it... those rankings are flawed (for allot of different reason). You can add and subtract all the statistics in the galaxy... It doesn’t matter.

KENTON KEITH (in reality) IS NOT THE 8TH BEST RB IN THE NFL. PERIOD.

To even suggest that, is absolutely laughable, and I’m sure that the guys who developed those rankings would agree. I find it hard to believe that those rankings are “intended” to be a list of the best RB’s in the league.

But even if you DO want to swear by those rankings as the “Holy Grail” for ranking the Best RB’s in the game, Addai is still ranked #2 on their list!!!

It's not a list of best RB's....it's a list of the best seasons RB's are having, discounting opportunity.

Yes....he's run well. Who is saying he hasn't? I'm just saying denigrating Maroney is absurd because, by objective statistical measures, he has run well too.

Nobody needs to make excuses for Maroney....he is already doing well.

Last edited:
Re: The 300lb Draft Blunder in the corner of the room

Why does the back who belongs to the number one O in the NFL have no td's?

why does Brady have 33 TDs passing and 2 rushing?

Re: The 300lb Draft Blunder in the corner of the room

why does Brady have 33 TDs passing and 2 rushing?

Because maroney is either out hurt or on the ground for a loss if he is actually playing and anywhere near the endzone.

That and brady is superhuman, duh.

I find it hard to believe this supposed elite back has never broke off a single run for a single td vs bad defenses this year. Way to go maroney! The facts remains why does an elite back have 0 td's nine games into the season.

Ah yes it was because Beli wanted it like that ( oh brother)

Last edited:
Yes....he's run well. Who is saying he hasn't? I'm just saying denigrating Maroney is absurd because, by objective statistical measures, he has run well too.

Do you think Addai has been (to this point in their career's) the BETTER RB? :confused:

Im not asking you if Maroney "has potential", or if he has "played well"... Im asking who you think is a better RB on 11/9/2007 @ 2:27pm.

Last edited:
well we can always draft mcFadden with the 9ers pick

Why does Maroney not have a single td vs bad defensive teams 9 games into the season. Other then that he is running great!

No matter how you guys try to spin it... those rankings are flawed (for allot of different reason). You can add and subtract all the statistics in the galaxy... It doesn’t matter.

KENTON KEITH (in reality) IS NOT THE 8TH BEST RB IN THE NFL. PERIOD.

To even suggest that, is absolutely laughable, and I’m sure that the guys who developed those rankings would agree. I find it hard to believe that those rankings are “intended” to be a list of the best RB’s in the league.

But even if you DO want to swear by those rankings as the “Holy Grail” for ranking the Best RB’s in the game, Addai is still ranked #2 on their list!!!

The players are ranked in 3 basic categories. DPAR equates to total yardage. DVOA equates to yards per carry. And success rate equates to consistency.
Kenton Keith has performed as well in the Indy offense as Addai. This should tell you that the Indy Offensive system is the real engine of the running game. Manning's stable of weapons (1st rd picks Wayne, Clark, Gonzalez, Harrison when healthy, Ugoh etc) force teams to play the nickel package, as the Pats did, with great frequency. This allows Addai and Keith to run against dimished defensive fronts. Addai's great quality thus far has been his durability, which allows him to get many opportunities.

Similarly, the Pats passing attack has allowed Maroney and Morris to run very successfully. However, Maroney has run at a much higher level since returning from injury, leading the entire NFL with his performance vs. Washington and running well vs Indy last week. IMO from this point forward a healthy Maroney will outperform Addai. Looking into the distant future, IMO Maroney by next season will have strenghtened himself, mastered the skills necessary to be complete back, learned how to keep himself healthy, and his career trajectory will outpace Addai by a considerable margin. Two years younger than Addai, IMO his career will prove far more productive and spectacular.

Why does Maroney not have a single td vs bad defensive teams 9 games into the season. Other then that he is running great!

cuz hes definitely played 9 games this year and do we use him at goal line? we usually pass to Vrabel or Moss.

stats say it all right?

Last edited:
cuz hes definitely played 9 games this year and do we use him at goal line? we usually pass to Vrabel or Moss.

Thats part of my point Maroney missed a bunch of games do to being banged up. As usual. Dont give me the Vrabel horse****. How many td's did corey have last year? .

Im not saying Maroney should have a ton of td's. I am asking you why this elite running back has yet to break a tackle or get into the secondasy to score vs bad defensive teams. Maroney does not have a sinlg td, why?

You know im happy my first round "stud" rb has zero td's nine games in. Infact when is the last time Maroney scored in General.

Last edited:
Thats part of my point Maroney missed a bunch of games do to being banged up. As usual. Dont give me the Vrabel horse****. How many td's did corey have last year? .

Im not saying Maroney should have a ton of td's. I am asking you why this elite running back has yet to break a tackle or get into the secondasy to score vs bad defensive teams. Maroney does not have a sinlg td, why?

You know im happy my first round "stud" rb has zero td's nine games in. Infact when is the last time Maroney scored in General.

Getting into the endzone is opportunity and the ability to get needed yards. Football Outsiders says Maroney is in an elite category when it comes to getting needed yards. I'd say the reason is opportunity, wouldn't you?

I've seen Maroney break plenty of tackles. You are seriously overstating your case and coming across as a bit looney.

Getting into the endzone is opportunity and the ability to get needed yards. Football Outsiders says Maroney is in an elite category when it comes to getting needed yards. I'd say the reason is opportunity, wouldn't you?

Bro these are all excuses. I look at performance. I dont care who says what. If only this , if only that!!!

Maroney has been hurt a lot. Maroney does not have a single td nine games into 07. When was the last time he had a td?

he had 13 TDs last year

Maroney had 6

2 completely different backs. Dillon was slow but powerful. He was a TD machine..he was a big back and we used him down there because we knew he can get it. plus he never played with the guys we have now. Our offense this year from last year is different. As is this year and last compared to the years before that.

breaking tackles? Last year Maroney was 3rd in league in yards after contact while averging like 4.3 ypc. Not sure about this year. BB isnt happy that our "star RB" has 0 TDs? Well maybe he would start calling run plays on goal line..but wait..our OL is not big or strong enough to do that kind of stuff so we pass

If Maroney had TDs..Brady wouldnt have as many as he does. Were a passing team..we spread it out.

Bad Ds? Skins and Colts run D were both top 5. What he do against them? Killed Skins D..but got limited carries because we dont feed the ball 30 times a game to player. ColtS D..he was doing very well until 4th quarter when we ran it twice at the end to run it out before hitting Welker on the 3rd down. Gain of 3 then 1..kind of expected when a good D expects u to run. Take those away and he has 13 carries 55 yards which is a 4.2 ypc against a top D

also look at the play where Sanders stopped Maroney..wasnt his fault that he flew in there untouched and got him by the feet.

Last edited:
Based on the limited body of knowledge/trends we DO have (1.5years) and assuming they continue unchanged, Addai has been the better back since the draft and will continue to be. He hits holes harder, is more decisive when he runs, cuts better, has shown better hands, and is more versitile, not to mention durable. This could change, but based on the available evidence, it is true.

PS I love the Pats, I am just being objective.

Bro these are all excuses. I look at performance. I dont care who says what. If only this , if only that!!!

Maroney has been hurt a lot. Maroney does not have a single td nine games into 07. When was the last time he had a td?

You look at performance? First of all, you don't. But say Maroney had 1 carry for 87 yards and never got in the game again, the whole season, what would you say? He sucks? Your looking only at performance, disregarding opportunity and the randomness of injuries, shows just how willfully ignorant you're content to be. Just don't be surprised when we like to look at the situation from a variety of angles.

Last edited:

They are excuses when they don't fit your opinions and your prejudices. Bro, you do not look at performances, you pick apart pieces here and there that "justify" the judgment you have already justified to yourself. Then you bring up intangible, unproven and unprovable observations that you cherry-pick and, because these observations are highly subjective and baseless, then ask for someone to disprove your claims. If Maroney has shown that when given the opportunity he performs you take issue with how often he is "able to perform." All this despite the fact that you (or I, or anyone else not involved with the decisions regarding playing time and injuries) have no idea why Maroney has missed games. You are acting like a lunatic with a highly unwarranted, biased agenda.

Based on the limited body of knowledge/trends we DO have (1.5years) and assuming they continue unchanged, Addai has been the better back since the draft and will continue to be. He hits holes harder, is more decisive when he runs, cuts better, has shown better hands, and is more versitile, not to mention durable. This could change, but based on the available evidence, it is true.

I agree. Objectively speaking, Addai is the better back. He is more durable, hits the holes quicker, runs tough in between the tackles, and has PRODUCED better numbers. That doesn't mean I think that Maroney is chopped liver. He is a good back, just not as good as Addai. And certainly nowhere as good as Adrian Peterson or Ladanian Tomlinson. This is what gives legs to the idea of drafting Darren McFadden. That is the type of back that CAN be LT or AP good.

I agree. Objectively speaking, Addai is the better back. He is more durable, hits the holes quicker, runs tough in between the tackles, and has PRODUCED better numbers. That doesn't mean I think that Maroney is chopped liver. He is a good back, just not as good as Addai. And certainly nowhere as good as Adrian Peterson or Ladanian Tomlinson. This is what gives legs to the idea of drafting Darren McFadden. That is the type of back that CAN be LT or AP good.

who says Maroney cant be that good? How about u watch a ******* game this year or watch Maroney before u make comments on him. the hitting the hole thing is so last year. hes running well..4.7 ypc is just as good as Addai with a system not as good as theirs yet in terms of running.

hes played well..theres no need for another RB unless we plan on using 2 of them which we already do with Maroney-Morris

Im sure BB after 2 seasons will say "Maroney hasnt gotten me 1000yards because hes been hurt a bit and because were a pass first team"

only reason we would take McFadden is because "best player available" not a need

Last edited:

I cant understand why it is so hard for people to just admit this.

I love the Pats as much as anyone on this planet... but im also objective. So far, Addai is showing to be the better back.

I cant understand why it is so hard for people to just admit this.

I love the Pats as much as anyone on this planet... but im also objective. So far, Addai is showing to be the better back.

no1 says he isnt the better back right now. Hes better than Bush..Jones-Drew, Williams, etc

but to say Maroney is a dissapointment is crap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes