PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 300lb "What If" in the corner of the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The 300lb Draft Blunder in the corner of the room

And let's not forget that Joseph Addai ran against a lot of seven-men boxes, while Maroney was often running against eight or even nine.

Yes - throw last season out of the equation... Maroney wasn't the featured RB - Dillon was and the OL was geared towards his style.

And the fact that there was no mid to deep WR game last year saw 9 men in th box, making it that much more difficult for an RB... though I'm sure there are some who would still argue that our lack of a deep threat WR last year had no adverse impact on the team.

Last edited:

And this is precisely what I mean by you just spewing idiotic comments. New England is doing that fancy "passing" thing this season rather than trying to run the ball in the endzone for the most part. In fact, The Patriots only have 8 rushing touchdowns total, and Cassel and Brady have combined for 3 of those 8. Details, I know.... just details. Eckel has one in garbage time, too, further lowering the rushing touchdown numbers during a 'competitive' time in the game. Morris leads the team with a whopping 3 rushing touchdowns, and Faulk's only rushing touchdown came just this past week against the Colts.

But.... what are facts when you can just scream "Maroney is made of glass!" like a fool, right?

That was actually a recieving TD.
The last rushing TD was Evans against the Jets to make it 38-14.

Apples taste better than oranges as of 11/09.07 !

8-9 man fronts, really? Hard to believe. The most frightening thing about Maroney, IMO, is his speed. I am surprised you guys didn't jump for joy when the surface in Gillette was modified. To date, it appears as though Addai has meant more to the Colts than Maroney has to the Pats, so in terms of value, that is a no brainer. Skills wise, obviously LM can move the FB. Kinda silly arguement though, it is what it is. I doubt tha Pats are kicking themselves for their selection.

Yes - throw last season out of the equation... Maroney wasn't the featured RB - Dillon was and the OL was geared towards his style.

And the fact that there was no mid to deep WR game last year saw 9 men in th box, making it that much more difficult for an RB... though I'm sure there are some who would still argue that our lack of a deep threat WR last year had no adverse impact on the team.

Yes.
I was one of the deluded. Reche is no Moss, and that is a fact.

Is it now safe to say that we took the wrong RB last year? Does anyone wonder why BB and co. had Maroney rated higher than Joe Addai?

Imagine how much MORE ridiculous this offense would be right now with Addai in our backfield? :mad:

Don’t get me wrong... LM has shown some flashes, but if im being honest with myself, I have to admit that Addai looks to be the MUCH better back.

I know the YPC are similar and LM has missed allot of time with injuries, but im just going by what my eyes tell me.

Thoughts??

Wah wah wah

8-9 man fronts, really? Hard to believe. The most frightening thing about Maroney, IMO, is his speed. I am surprised you guys didn't jump for joy when the surface in Gillette was modified. To date, it appears as though Addai has meant more to the Colts than Maroney has to the Pats, so in terms of value, that is a no brainer. Skills wise, obviously LM can move the FB. Kinda silly arguement though, it is what it is. I doubt tha Pats are kicking themselves for their selection.

I know!
And how do you know I wasn't happy about the field turf?:D

Uh-oh. He Ban Me weighs in with the most solid, balanced evaluation! What has this thread come to???

;)

Thanks, you pretty much summed it up for me. Addai has been great for the Colts, while Maroney has looked dangerous too but snakebitten to this point. Indy's pick being good doesn't make NE's bad. Movin' right along...

Uh-oh. He Ban Me weighs in with the most solid, balanced evaluation! What has this thread come to???

;)

Thanks, you pretty much summed it up for me. Addai has been great for the Colts, while Maroney has looked dangerous too but snakebitten to this point. Indy's pick being good doesn't make NE's bad. Movin' right along...

Can I get a point shaved off my "infraction" total?? ;)

Last edited:
We have infraction totals?:eek:
Well, I doubt you do, since this is "your" board. I, on the other hand, am being held to a different standard. And if I don't watch it, BAM!!!!!

And yes this year , Sammy was the better runner. Prove why Maroney was. Btw talk about something other then ypc. Td's , how he ran, etc etc

What a homer.

The ONLY thing Morris has over Maroney is TDs. And Morris scoring some one-yard touchdowns doesn't make him a better runner. You have NOTHING.

1.5 years is to small sample.

Hell Rick Mirer was looking like the better pick over Bledsoe years ago and you know how that turned out.

The ONLY thing Morris has over Maroney is TDs. And Morris scoring some one-yard touchdowns doesn't make him a better runner. You have NOTHING.

How about catch-and-run yards?

TD's are TD's...Maroney has none.

;)

Those were my thoughts exactly as I read through it. :)

I suspect as the weather starts to turn in NE and the air attack is ratcheted back a notch we'll see more and more LM. We'll have a pretty good idea of his + and - as we go through December.

Oh please it was apparent long ago you are a homer who is in total denial. Morris was the better runner up to this point, period

Running, catching , td's, short yardage you name it.

Btw td's mean everything. Are you slow?

Last edited:

1. Games missed over 1.5 years: Maroney: 5, Addai: 0.
2. True
3. Featured RB is the roll both players play on their respective teams
4. Well, he's not hitting the hole or stiff-arming guys like he used to
5. "Hindsight is a very bad way to look at any draft" Ummm, then how are you supposed to look at drafts that have happened in the past.

It's okay to say the Pats picked the wrong guy. They've had draft busts before.

hes hitting the hole a lot better this season incase u havent seen a Patriots game.

both are featured RBs but we pass more now..we use them in different ways..

Really? How about total yards? Who has more td's? More carries? Who is better in the red zone? Who is more durable. When has Maroney torn apart a d like Addai did in the first half of the game last week? maroney cant even do what addai did to a sub par defense. With the monster passing game behind him.

Addai is better. Only a homer / bafoon would argue otherwise.

oh Addai tore us apart because we MISSED tackles. Take away the 73 yard catch and run where he did nothing but run and give 1 little stutter step, and he looked average

what did he do in 2nd half? He didnt tear us up..our D tore itself up. Maroney cant do that? did u watch the Redskins game? Did you watch Bills game..Bengals game last year?

Oh please it was apparent long ago you are a homer who is in total denial. Morris was the better runner up to this point, period

Running, catching , td's, short yardage you name it.

Btw td's mean everything. Are you slow?

Shouldn't you be on a Jets board?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back