PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2016 Patriots Will Be a Juggernaut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think you could do it.

Pink hat quitter

The other teams in the NFL suck. That schedule next year is not an issue! They will win 16 games and everything is great! No other team has won more SBs than then Pats in the last 10 years!

I love the kool-aid! Everyone, drink it!

-Ivan the Smart

If they don't sign/trade for a big name receiver, possible a tackle and then a RB then they will go as far as they did this year.

How many Super Bowls did they win with Randy Moss?

You seem to think that you are some kind of "hard core truth teller" when in fact those you like to label homers have been saying the exact same things. The only real area of disagreement has been over the so called "big time receiver" and while many don't see it as a major need no one will be upset if they go get one. And the FACT of the matter is that they won four Super Bowls without one and went 0-1 with one, so while a nice luxury to have it's not necessary, speaking FACTUALLY, of course. So you trot on out of here until you can come up with some actual facts.

Adios pink hat.

How many Super Bowls did they win with Randy Moss?

You seem to think that you are some kind of "hard core truth teller" when in fact those you like to label homers have been saying the exact same things. The only real area of disagreement has been over the so called "big time receiver" and while many don't see it as a major need no one will be upset if they go get one. And the FACT of the matter is that they won four Super Bowls without one and went 0-1 with one, so while a nice luxury to have it's not necessary, speaking FACTUALLY, of course. So you trot on out of here until you can come up with some actual facts.

Adios pink hat.

You moron. I mean someone other than a Lafell type that caught lightening in a bottle. Someone that is a above average reciever as of now. And not a 38 year old washed up Reggie Wayne. You can't waste TB on another hope on the outside. It's called redundancy and I'd rather have it than not just because it has worked in the past. But go ahead, don't get the reciever that can consistently take pressure off of Edelman and Gronk.

Because I'm in a good mood, I'll play your game. IF vintage Moss was on this team with Gronk and Edelman they'd be unstoppable. They would have gone 16-0. They would next year as well, with the other pieces coming back.

Your not smart enough to see that though. It's fine, I wouldn't bother yourself with it too much.

Last edited:
You moron. I mean someone other than a Lafell type that caught lightening in a bottle. Someone that is a above average reciever as of now. And not a 38 year old washed up Reggie Wayne. You can't waste TB on another hope on the outside. It's called redundancy and I'd rather have it than not just because it has worked in the past. But go ahead, don't get the reciever that can consistently take pressure off of Edelman and Gronk.

Because I'm in a good mood, I'll play your game. IF vintage Moss was on this team with Gronk and Edelman they'd be unstoppable. They would have gone 16-0. They would next year as well, with the other pieces coming back.

Your not smart enough to see that though. It's fine, I wouldn't bother yourself with it too much.

As usual you just don't get it. A deep threat won't help their OL protect Brady one bit, a strong run game will. They don't need a Randy Moss they need a RB who can rush for 1,200-1,500 yards. Deep threat is a role position for the Patriots whereas a strong run game forces defense's to play honest, allows the OL to dish out the hits instead of taking them all day, and allows Brady to throw when he wants rather than every down with the defense's teeing off on him.

Now go run along and get your pink hat on for your panthers. Go Cam, go team.......

At the risk of being called a "troll" by this board like everyone who is critical of the Pats often is, you are delusional. Brady clearly lost a step and was seeing ghosts in the pocket. Superb owl maybe but 19-0? Ho-mer.

As usual you just don't get it. A deep threat won't help their OL protect Brady one bit, a strong run game will. They don't need a Randy Moss they need a RB who can rush for 1,200-1,500 yards. Deep threat is a role position for the Patriots whereas a strong run game forces defense's to play honest, allows the OL to dish out the hits instead of taking them all day, and allows Brady to throw when he wants rather than every down with the defense's teeing off on him.

Now go run along and get your pink hat on for your panthers. Go Cam, go team.......

Who said ANYTHING about a deep threat? A guy who demands coverage and can occasionally take the top off is what they need. Alshon Jeffrey for instance. They don't need a 1500 yard rusher. They need a guy who can get a first when needed and run when teams will show them run.

I outed you as a pink hat first. You keep trying to flip the script, but the more you talk the less sense you actually make. Of course I'm pulling for the Panthers. I don't want Gomer to sniff another ring, apparently you do. Yet another point that makes you look like a fool.

Wait, I get it. You're a Boncos fan. Makes sense now.

At the risk of being called a "troll" by this board like everyone who is critical of the Pats often is, you are delusional. Brady clearly lost a step and was seeing ghosts in the pocket. Superb owl maybe but 19-0? Ho-mer.

superb_owl.jpg

Speaking of 2016, I was just thinking, IF, the Broncos win sunday, would the Pats be the prime candidate to play them in the thursday night opener with or without Manning? I wish it was September already :(

Who said ANYTHING about a deep threat? A guy who demands coverage and can occasionally take the top off is what they need. Alshon Jeffrey for instance. They don't need a 1500 yard rusher. They need a guy who can get a first when needed and run when teams will show them run.

I outed you as a pink hat first. You keep trying to flip the script, but the more you talk the less sense you actually make. Of course I'm pulling for the Panthers. I don't want Gomer to sniff another ring, apparently you do. Yet another point that makes you look like a fool.

Wait, I get it. You're a Boncos fan. Makes sense now.

Actually I'm a homer. The "pink hats" are those who only show up for Championships and you made it clear that just playing in the Conference Championship is failure, you only show up for Championships which make you the front-running pink hat.

Let us know when you have anything of substance to say, just crying all the time doesn't warrant a response, so get it out of your system and if you get lucky maybe your balls will drop some day. I doubt it but there is still a chance as you probably haven't gone through puberty yet.

The patriots need to upgrade at the running back spot and bring in a good running back

Matt forte Doug Martin or Lamar miller

Plus I want good offensive line coach that gets a mean streak in the boys upfront the patriots are soft upfront and it's been like that for years run blocking

The patriots need to upgrade at the running back spot and bring in a good running back

Plus I want good offensive line coach that gets a mean streak in the boys upfront the patriots are soft upfront and it's been like that for years run blocking

I "want" to believe that we'll go after a big name RB, but I'm skeptical due to Belichick's value on the position.

And before you remind me of 2004 Corey Dillon, let's remember that this team didn't really have the kind of weapons in the passing game that made it a 30+ point offense on the regular.

We'll know soon enough, and until then we'll continue to speculate on what may happen.

I "want" to believe that we'll go after a big name RB, but I'm skeptical due to Belichick's value on the position.

And before you remind me of 2004 Corey Dillon, let's remember that this team didn't really have the kind of weapons in the passing game that made it a 30+ point offense on the regular.

We'll know soon enough, and until then we'll continue to speculate on what may happen.

If the Pstriots don't reach for running back this will be the first time I will truly question Bill a running back that is cheap that might possibly Should get a look is Alfred Morris loved him
His rookie year great vision.

Matt forte and Lamar miller and Doug Martin are my dream running back signings 1 of them would be big

The 2015 Patriots were an excellent team undermined by an absurd amount of significant injuries. It is, of course, tempting to adopt a "woe is us" attitude, but here's the reality: The 2016 Patriots should be an absolute juggernaut.

The 2015 Patriots team was supposed to be a juggernaut. It's watching the SB from home.

Actually I'm a homer. The "pink hats" are those who only show up for Championships and you made it clear that just playing in the Conference Championship is failure, you only show up for Championships which make you the front-running pink hat.

Let us know when you have anything of substance to say, just crying all the time doesn't warrant a response, so get it out of your system and if you get lucky maybe your balls will drop some day. I doubt it but there is still a chance as you probably haven't gone through puberty yet.

Yep. Just because I don't get all excited about AFCCG doesn't make me a pink hat you loser. You've brought zero, and I mean zero to any discussion (at least in this thread) that wasn't pink hat-ish or a homer. Now that you've outed yourself as a homer your views are even worse. I'm not a homer, or I at least try not to be. I see things for what they are, you apparently are incapable of doing so. As a result, you repeat the same thing over and over with no real substance.

I've offered the following:

A non homer view of the Pats as currently constituted. As an aside, Mike Florio pointed out today that the Pats flaws were exposed in Denver. Just as I've said before.

How the Pats secondary somewhat underperformed along with the accompanying link to the data.

What they need to not be what they were this year. As far as receivers go, I'm not alone in that sentiment. Quite the opposite as an upgrade to a very good WR is a good thing it would seem.

What have you offered that has any real substance?

Answer- Zero

If the Pstriots don't reach for running back this will be the first time I will truly question Bill a running back that is cheap that might possibly Should get a look is Alfred Morris loved him
His rookie year great vision.

Matt forte and Lamar miller and Doug Martin are my dream running back signings 1 of them would be big

If you're talking about reasonably priced RBs who may provide decent value (like Morris, which you mention), than I'm totally with you. I also believe that we'll target a RB in the top 3-4 rounds, for sure.

I just have a hard time believing that we're going to go out and bring in a 5m dollar+ RB, that's all, and while others will point to the RB market being down, I would totally disagree. Last year proved that the RB market is just fine, and I fully expect guys like Forte/Miller/Martin all to get 5+ million dollar AAV deals.

If you're talking about reasonably priced RBs who may provide decent value (like Morris, which you mention), than I'm totally with you. I also believe that we'll target a RB in the top 3-4 rounds, for sure.

I just have a hard time believing that we're going to go out and bring in a 5m dollar+ RB, that's all, and while others will point to the RB market being down, I would totally disagree. Last year proved that the RB market is just fine, and I fully expect guys like Forte/Miller/Martin all to get 5+ million dollar AAV deals.

Not Matt forte he is 30 years old

Not Matt forte he is 30 years old

A one trick pony like Frank Gore just got 4m dollars AAV on the open market last year, and he's 2-3 years older than Matt Forte. That's not even bringing into account the fact that Forte hasn't really shown signs of slowing down too much, and is a dual threat.

Someone should give him a decent pact for a smaller 2-3 year deal, and I believe that it's going to hover around 4.5m dollars AAV--at worst. He's still a major weapon and he proves it. Assuming that he's suddenly washed up because he turned 30 in the fall is just as bad as claiming that a guy like Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin can't produce for another year or two, or that Tom Brady is automatically done just because he'll be 39.

A one trick pony like Frank Gore just got 4m dollars AAV on the open market last year, and he's 2-3 years older than Matt Forte. That's not even bringing into account the fact that Forte hasn't really shown signs of slowing down too much, and is a dual threat.

Someone should give him a decent pact for a smaller 2-3 year deal, and I believe that it's going to hover around 4.5m dollars AAV--at worst. He's still a major weapon and he proves it. Assuming that he's suddenly washed up because he turned 30 in the fall is just as bad as claiming that a guy like Steve Smith or Anquan Boldin can't produce for another year or two, or that Tom Brady is automatically done just because he'll be 39.

I don't think the pats will get him but forte would be a nice player in the pats system

As much as I would like any of those the guys, they will probably sign elsewhere for more money.
I do however think it's funny that people think they need a tough guy coach to get results, I'm not saying anything about tough guy coaches or any other coaches personality but I think it's funny that fans want a tough guy so much considering thy wouldn't know anything about his abilities as a couch.

I don't think the pats will get him but forte would be a nice player in the pats system

He'd be an excellent player in the Pats system, I agree.

With shiftier guys like Dion Lewis and James White, I think we'll look more towards adding more of a value signing at the position, although I believe the draft is a must. Your example of Morris would be fine, and although I'm not the biggest Blount fan, I'd be just fine with him returning as well--as long as we add someone else as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results