PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2016 NFL Mock Draft Thread

I was happy with my mock from fanspeak. Hope you guys are as well.

60: R2P29

DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY
TEXAS
61: R2P30

OT LE'RAVEN CLARK
TEXAS TECH
91: R3P28

CB XAVIEN HOWARD
BAYLOR
96: R3P33

OLB JOSHUA PERRY
OHIO STATE
196: R6P21

S JAYRON KEARSE
CLEMSON
204: R6P29

OT BRANDON SHELL
SOUTH CAROLINA
208: R6P33

WR CODY CORE
OLE MISS
214: R6P39

RB KELVIN TAYLOR
FLORIDA
221: R6P46

DT ANTHONY ZETTEL
PENN STATE
243: R7P22

RB KEENAN REYNOLDS
NAVY
250: R7P29

QB JAKE RUDOCK
MICHIGAN

Personally I'm not a fan of Howard or Kearse but that's an eye of the beholder thing. I'd like a RB earlier than Taylor, who I like but doesn't really fit the 'bigger back' need.

Love three of he first four picks though.

Personally I'm not a fan of Howard or Kearse but that's an eye of the beholder thing. I'd like a RB earlier than Taylor, who I like but doesn't really fit the 'bigger back' need.

Love three of he first four picks though.

Thank you. There weren't many running backs I wanted available in the later rounds and I'm pretty happy with the early picks.

captain troll strikes again.

Ya let's cut 3/5 of the OL and replace them with rookies that should improve things

Now now now. It's not politically correct. We shouldn't criticize the mentally handicapped. It's bad enough that he was demoted from Major Rockhead to Captain Stone.

We have signed three dt's so far this offseason.

Offensive tackles look to be going early and often in most mock drafts.

Any chance bb looks at lb in round two? Especially since we are a bit thin there?

I am thinking Jordan Jenkins size, speed and versatility (played in a two an three point stance) might appeal to bb in the second round.

We have signed three dt's so far this offseason.

Offensive tackles look to be going early and often in most mock drafts.

Any chance bb looks at lb in round two? Especially since we are a bit thin there?

I am thinking Jordan Jenkins size, speed and versatility (played in a two an three point stance) might appeal to bb in the second round.

Jenkins and Bronson Kafusi both interest me, although Kafusi is more a DE/OLB than a linebacker per se. One thing about Jenkins though. Whilst he's good against the run, his athleticism is sub par. He's more Hightower than Collins.

Jenkins and Bronson Kafusi both interest me, although Kafusi is more a DE/OLB than a linebacker per se. One thing about Jenkins though. Whilst he's good against the run, his athleticism is sub par. He's more Hightower than Collins.

Great point. Bb would prefer the most athletic player he can get.

New mock... Lets get crazy :p

60 - Traded for a 3rd round pick and a 2017 4th
61 - Traded for a 3rd and 5th
3rd - Chris Jones - DT
3rd - Will Redmon - CB
91 - Jaylon Smith - OLB
96comp - Charone Peake - WR

-TRADE- 5th and 196th for 4th-
4th - C.J. prosise - RB
5th - (traded)
196 - (traded)

204 - Trade for a 6th next year

208comp - Moritz Boehriger - WR
214comp - Stephen Weatherly - DE
221comp - Peirce Slater - OT
243 - Nile Lawrence-Stample - DT
250 - Travis Feeney - OLB

I like Boehringer, Weatherly & Feeney where you took them. I especially like Weatherly in the 6th as a 3rd-down DE while his body fills into that of a more all-around DE.

And I don't dislike the top 5 picks, but we just have to draft an OLman - LT in particular - much, much
earlier than 221.

At least for the first four picks, I'm trying to think about what will happen now rather than what I would like to happen. Swinging my first trade would be a bonus if we could do it. Raiders makes a bit of sense to move up. There's a window for them to compete with the Broncos this year for the West.

#60 ***Trade*** Raiders trade 75, 114 (4th), 154 (5th) for #90 & 196

#61 Sean Davis, CB, Maryland

The most athletic corner in the draft not named Ramsey, worked out personally by BB and comes from a school who’s coach BB likes (Randy Edsall). Edsall is now Bob Quinn’s Ernie Adams at Detroit. Position versatility helps too.

#75 (OAK) Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana.

I see this as a toss up between him and Prosise. Howard’s extra experience, size and ability to hold on to the ball give him the edge.

#91 Joe Haeg, OT, N Dakota State

Has experience protecting the blindside, I’m warming to the idea of Haeg being the pick. Might come down to him or Kyle Murphy if BB passes on the trio of OTs available at pick 60.

#96 Keenan Reynolds, RB, Navy

It looks like it’s not a matter of if, but when as far as Reynolds goes. Personally I don’t love his tape but I do think his upside could be Danny Woodhead and that’s not too bad for a round three compensatory pick. I certainly think he’s likely to get picked earlier than we all think. If a Navy long-snapper can go in the 5th, a RB/WR could certainly be valued two rounds higher.

#114 (OAK) **Trade for 2017 3rd Rounder** or Connor McGovern, OL, Missouri

The trade makes a lot of sense considering our paucity of picks next year, but i’d snap up Mcgovern here if we couldn’t swing it. A versatile swing lineman for any position except centre.

#154 (OAK) James Bradberry, CB, Samford

Stocking up on CBs is no bad thing. 2017 looks to be Butler and lots of questions. Having lots of potential answers gives us a better chance of solving the puzzle.

#196 Ben Hogan, QB, Stanford

Picking Hogan or Rudock seems almost as certain as picking Keenan Reynolds this year.

#204 **trade for 2017 6th and 7th.**

#208 Stephen Anderson, WR/TE, California

Has become one of my favourite late round options for the Pats. Plays from the nickel but gets open in a hurry for someone who is 6’2” and 230lbs.

#214 Chris Swain, FB, Navy

Stash him on the PS and let him replace Develin next year perhaps. I’m not sure about how his Navy commitments and his Patriot commitments will mesh.

#221 Marquez North, WR, TE

He’s a long shot to make the team and Tennessee WRs concern me but at this point, why not. There’s a lot of upside on offer with this pick. A WR picked here isn’t likely to make the team anyway, so why not swing for the fences?

#243 Frankie Williams, CB, Purdue

Has become a late round binky of mine. He’s only 5’9” but he tackles like a truck, has experience playing safety and is outstanding at closing on the ball in the air. Ace NB option.

#250 Dean Lowry, DL, Northwestern or Sterling Bailey, DL, Georgia

Although CBS have Lowry available here, I’m not convinced he will be, hence the alternative. Both project as 3-4 DEs, but both are similarly athletic and could compete with Chris Jones in camp as Easley’s backup.

Honourable mention - Dillon Lee, LB, Alabama

BB worked him out at the ‘Bama pro day. Requisite special teamer.

Fanspeak mock simulator.

60: R2P29
RB DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA
61: R2P30
WR WILL FULLER
NOTRE DAME
91: R3P28
OT LE'RAVEN CLARK
TEXAS TECH
96: R3P33
DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY
TEXAS
196: R6P21
RB KENYAN DRAKE
ALABAMA
204: R6P29
CB KEN CRAWLEY
COLORADO
208: R6P33
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
214: R6P39
WR MALCOLM MITCHELL
GEORGIA
221: R6P46
FB DAN VITALE
NORTHWESTERN
243: R7P22
RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS
ARKANSAS
250: R7P29
CB CRE'VON LEBLANC
FLORIDA ATLANTIC
TEAM DRAFT ASSESSMENT
CB
KEN CRAWLEY
COLORADO
DE NONE DRAFTED
OT
LE'RAVEN CLARK
TEXAS TECH
WR
WILL FULLER
NOTRE DAME
S
JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
G NONE DRAFTED
RB
DERRICK HENRY
ALABAMA
OLB NONE DRAFTED
TE NONE DRAFTED

Somehow I don't see a lot of those players making it to the spots in which they've been selected, but I wouldn't mind that draft. Lots of boom or bust players, but we've already got such a solid core roster that we might as well go big.

Trading a 2 for 3+4

2: Kamalei Correa / Jordan Jenkins, OLB
3: Hassan Ridgeway, DT
3: Joe Haeg / Le'Raven Clark / Kyle Murphy, OT
3: Jonathan Williams / C.J. Prosise, RB
4: Willie Henry / Javon Hargrave, DT
6: Jake Rudock, QB
6: Daniel Braverman, WR
6: Jake McGee, TE
6: Steven Daniels, ILB
6: Tyler Johnstone, OT
7: Kalan Reed / Juston Burris / Nick VanHoose, CB
7: Jay Lee, WR

Priority UDFA: Larry Butler III (ILB), Frankie Williams (CB), Kareem Hunt (RB)

Trading a 2 for 3+4

2: Kamalei Correa / Jordan Jenkins, OLB
3: Hassan Ridgeway, DT
3: Joe Haeg / Le'Raven Clark / Kyle Murphy, OT
3: Jonathan Williams / C.J. Prosise, RB
4: Willie Henry / Javon Hargrave, DT
6: Jake Rudock, QB
6: Daniel Braverman, WR
6: Jake McGee, TE
6: Steven Daniels, ILB
6: Tyler Johnstone, OT
7: Kalan Reed / Juston Burris / Nick VanHoose, CB
7: Jay Lee, WR

Priority UDFA: Larry Butler III (ILB), Frankie Williams (CB), Kareem Hunt (RB)

Kalan Reed & Frankie Williams was enough to win me over. I'd be very happy with the top four picks too (I think I prefer Jenkins to Correa although, admittedly, I've not seen enough of Correa).

New mock post Easley

TRADE 60, 61 & 6th rounder for 49 and 81

49 - Jonathan Bullard - DT - Easley replacement and has a great first step. I picture him best as a 2nd and long and 3rd down penetrating from the interior. I doubt he last this long even but if he is on the board i make this trade.

81 - Will Redmon - CB

91 - trade for 4th and 5th.

96 - Keenan Reynolds - RB/WR - i hope he is picked later but i doubt it.

4th - Joe Haeg - OT

5th - Charone Peake - WR (if he last this long id jump on this player.

6th - ?
6th - ?
6th - ?
6th - ?
7th - ?
7th - ?

Biggest freaks available but we do want a big body DT here i think.

Last edited:
The idea of keenan Reynolds with anything higher than a 6th makes me vomit in my mouth a little.

2. Shon coleman ot
2b. Tyler boyd wr maybe trade down insead
3a. Jarvis jenkins de/lb
3b. Javon Hargrave dt
6. Peyton barber rb
6. Kalan reed cb
6. Nick vigil lb
6. Kavon Frazier s kavon to replace tavon
7. Tyler Johnstone ot

Rob Rang of CBS Sports did a 7 round mock. Our picks (my comments):

#60 - Sean Davis, CB, Maryland

I had him as my pick 60 in my last mock. The tape isn't necessarily there for a 60th pick, but there's no denying the interest and the athletic fit.

#61 - Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech

He has well documented issues with fumbles but he'd be a good fit for our '12' formations that we'll see next year with Gronk and Bennett. I'm warming to the idea of this pick.

#91 - Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia

A frequently made pick. Lacks some athleticism but Jenkins is excellent against the run and that's always a plus for BB.

#96 - Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford

I'd rather wait until next years potentially excellent TE class to draft one. I'd like to use this year to see what AJ Derby's got and to see whether there we might even re-sign Bennett.

#196 - Vadal Alexander, OG, LSU

I'm not sure we need an OG. However, Dante did work Alexander out so who knows?

#204 - David Onyemata, DL, Manitoba

Akiem Hicks 2.0? He put up some excellent numbers at his pro day so he certainly has the athletic upside.

#208 - Marquez North, WR, Tennessee

If we're waiting until the 6th round to take a WR then there aren't many with North's upside. Any WR taken here is going to be a risk so why not take a risk with plenty of upside?

#214 - Keenan Reynolds, RB/WR, Navy

Obviously.

#221 - Dan Vitale, HB, Northwestern

Was once an obvious name to mock but I suspect the acquisition of Clay Harbour makes a Vitale pick less likely.

#243 - Cleveland Wallace, CB, San Jose State

I know nothing Jon Snow.

#250 - Jared Norris, LB, Utah

Don't know enough to comment. Would rather have Steven Daniels here.

2016 NFL Mock Draft: All seven rounds, including team-by-team picks

The lack of an OT is the obvious miss but aside from the two 7th round picks which I know little about, every pick is a player I'd be happy to draft.

At pick #250, I am mocking the pats to pick ot benenoch of Ucla. He is strictly a rt candidate, but he is custom made for a zone blocking scheme.

Outside of spriggs, he might be the best zone blocking scheme rt in this draft.

Ps: I am amusing bb drafts either a spriggs , haeg or a Clark and send cannon and fleming packing.

I can't do trade scenarios....it's bad enough pondering who will actually be there on a given pick.....

here's my view of things today:
2 - WR Tyler Boyd.....very productive short route guy with deep speed.....and very productive in the return game, also
2 - DT Javon Hargrave......for obvious reasons
3 - OT Joe Haeg....for obvious reasons
3 - DE Charles Tapper....I think he has the shakes to be the ideal inside pass rush on passing downs and overall versatility for what the pats do
6 - RB Keith Marshall....brings as much to the table as anyone available in rd2...a beefcake
6 - CB James Bradberry....beefcake
6 - QB - Kevin Hogan
6 - WR - Moritz Boehringer....beefcake
6 - LB Travis Feeney....beefcake
7 - RB Keenan Reynolds....obligatory Navy selection
7 - DE Eric Lee......beefcake

if anyone is wondering, rounds 6-7 mostly have to do with athleticism.....between them all, the hope is a couple stick

Last edited:
Rob Rang of CBS Sports did a 7 round mock. Our picks (my comments):

#60 - Sean Davis, CB, Maryland

I had him as my pick 60 in my last mock. The tape isn't necessarily there for a 60th pick, but there's no denying the interest and the athletic fit.

#61 - Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech

He has well documented issues with fumbles but he'd be a good fit for our '12' formations that we'll see next year with Gronk and Bennett. I'm warming to the idea of this pick.

can you justify the value of
davis in round 2 over james bradberry in round 6
dixon in round 2 over keith marshall in round 6

can you justify the value of
davis in round 2 over james bradberry in round 6
dixon in round 2 over keith marshall in round 6

Well Dixon over Marshall is easy although there are RBs I prefer over Dixon. As for Davis over Bradberry, I've not seen enough of Bradberry to really make a fine distinction. I like Davis' fit here. He's got length and arhleticism and is an excellent tackler, an underrated but key skillset for a Patriots CB.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back