PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2016 NFL Mock Draft Thread

Very nice mock! Love the two navy kids.

Will Russell be ready for camp by August? I thought he got hurt bad last year?

He put up those excellent pro day numbers that I quoted so I'm guessing he will be. I haven't seen anything to say he won't.

If the best players are off the board at 60, I wouldn't object to trading back both 60 and 61 and even 91 because I really like the 4th and 5th round values this year.

You could still pick up two of Ridgeway, Hawkins, Jordan Jenkins potentially and grab a RB at 96. And then you have the potential for a bunch of good CBs in the 4th/5th; Cyrus, Keivarae, Eric Murray, Ryan Smith, James Bradberry, Kalan Reed. Find a falling WR or take a guy like Braverman early if you don't think he'll be there in the 6th and maybe get a second athletic RB like Lasco, Ervin or Marshall. And then that still leaves you with six picks in the last two rounds to draft camp competition or fill any remaining holes.

If Austin Johnson, Shilique Calhoun and Braxton Miller are off the board at 60 and if Coleman, Clark, Hawkins are still on the board, I'd have no problem with trading back with both picks.

I've got a mock trade for ya. 91 to KC for their 4th and 5th. 126 and 165. They have an extra 5. BB and his buddy Andy Reid give a collective middle finger to the NFL because they stole 29 from us and 91 from KC.

I've got a mock trade for ya. 91 to KC for their 4th and 5th. 126 and 165. They have an extra 5. BB and his buddy Andy Reid give a collective middle finger to the NFL because they stole 29 from us and 91 from KC.

I think there's talent in the 4th and 5th this year that could be really good depth for the team. But, looking at the trade chart, this trade isn't great value. 91 = 136 pts. 126 + 165 = 71 pts. Maybe if they throw in their fourth next year I'd be more inclined.

I think there's talent in the 4th and 5th this year that could be really good depth for the team. But, looking at the trade chart, this trade isn't great value. 91 = 136 pts. 126 + 165 = 71 pts. Maybe if they throw in their fourth next year I'd be more inclined.

As far as draft talent here is how i see it in this draft. My best guess.

The top 5 picks are legit top first round players but not a particularly strong class top end of the first. I have not looked at the top QBs much so I cant speak to them. After those players the rest of the first feels underwhelming on a per spot basis.

The talent starts to catch up a little to where it should be per spot around pick 45 or so. after that it pretty much feel it is a pretty decent draft. There might be minor dips here and there where talent feels low for the spot but nothing out of the norm.

As far as draft talent here is how i see it in this draft. My best guess.

The top 5 picks are legit top first round players but not a particularly strong class top end of the first. I have not looked at the top QBs much so I cant speak to them. After those players the rest of the first feels underwhelming on a per spot basis.

The talent starts to catch up a little to where it should be per spot around pick 45 or so. after that it pretty much feel it is a pretty decent draft. There might be minor dips here and there where talent feels low for the spot but nothing out of the norm.

Good analysis and I agree. If we had a first round pick this year, I think I'd be strongly in favour of a trade back. And, if there are certain guys not on the board at 60 and there's OTs still available on the board, I'd favour trading back into the third round with both picks.

This isn't a great year for finding starters, but it's a pretty good year for finding depth. Thankfully, it's depth we need this year and not immediate starters.

A pick's worth what you can get for it. Remember the great second-round disappointment of 2012? First they draft Tavon Wilson and then traded their other second-rounder for a late 3 and a 5.

Regarding the above mock, if I'm drafting Braxton Milller I have to draft another WR who is more NFL-ready, just to cover my bases. Miller might or might not be ready to contribute even by as late as the post-Thanksgiving push.

At 3A, he goes with Westerman, and we obviously still need help at LG. Instead of Hawkins, however, I would take Willie Beavers, who I feel has a better chance to play LT here than either Hawkins or Shon Coleman.

Last edited:
Regarding the above mock, if I'm drafting Braxton Milller I have to draft another WR who is more NFL-ready, just to cover my bases. Miller might or might not be ready to contribute even by as late as the post-Thanksgiving push.

At 3A, he goes with Westerman, and we obviously still need help at LG. Instead of Hawkins, however, I would take Willie Beavers, who I feel has a better chance to play LT here than either Hawkins or Shon Coleman.

I haven't watched Beavers that much so can't comment but Hawkins is a nice fit scheme wise. Tape isn't great, but he plays in a system similar to ours.

If you want a second WR as Braxton insurance and you want an outside guy, then Cody Core, Carroo or Charone Peake should be the guys.

But as he's my #1 binky, any mock with Braxton in it is a winner.

Trade #61 and #196 to the 49ers for #68, #145, and #178

#60 Shon Coleman, OL, Auburn
#68 Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
#91 Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
#96 Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas
#145 Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa
#178 Jayron Kearse, DB, Clemson
#204 Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia
#208 LeShaun Sims, DB, Southern Utah
#214 Joe Dahl, OL, Washington State
#221 Keenan Reynolds, RB, Navy
#243 Chris Swain, FB, Navy
#250 Bennett Okotcha, DB, Texas-San Antonio

Trade #61 and #196 to the 49ers for #68, #145, and #178

#60 Shon Coleman, OL, Auburn
#68 Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
#91 Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
#96 Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas
#145 Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa
#178 Jayron Kearse, DB, Clemson
#204 Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia
#208 LeShaun Sims, DB, Southern Utah
#214 Joe Dahl, OL, Washington State
#221 Keenan Reynolds, RB, Navy
#243 Chris Swain, FB, Navy
#250 Bennett Okotcha, DB, Texas-San Antonio

Not so keen on Kearse, but I'd take that draft in a heartbeat.

first-pick.com:

Round 2 Pick 30: Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn
Round 3 Pick 21 (WASH): Devontae Booker, RB, Utah
Round 3 Pick 25 (G.B.): Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Keanu Neal, FS/SS, Florida
Round 4 Pick 1 (CLE): Sheldon Day, DT/DE, Notre Dame
Round 4 Pick 22 (WASH): Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona
Round 4 Pick 24 (CINN): Tajae Sharpe, WR, Massachusetts
Round 5 Pick 5 (DEN): Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State
Round 6 Pick 1 (CLE): Glen Gronkowski, FB, Kansas State
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): Willie Henry, DT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP): Keivarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame
Round 6 Pick 46 (COMP): Henry Krieger Coble, TE, Iowa
Round 7 Pick 29: D.j. Foster, RB, Arizona State

Last edited:
Whose draft board did you use? I'm not sure if some of these choices will be available when they have
been picked here. I think that NFL DraftScout has caught up closer to the rest of the scouting process
with their latest update, for example.
The Fanspeak board. It supposed to be updated but yeah, not entirely realistic.

The Fanspeak board. It supposed to be updated but yeah, not entirely realistic.
Yeah I just finished a mock there using their own Fanspeak board too. I was able to select DT Robert Nkemdiche at 60 and TE Tyler Higbee at 91. That would thrill the heck out of me, but that isn't happening.

A 4th next year?

We could use one of those.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes