PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 Prospect Thread

I'll see your Dion Jordan and raise you...

Only joking, but how about this for a potential Patriot if your bent is athletic former basketball players:

Larry Webster, DE/TE, Bloomsburg

Snr, 6'7", 240 lbs

webster%20football.jpg

Has been a basketball player his college career, but plays DE and TE for the football team this year. Leads the PSAC in sacks with 13.5 (more than any FBS rusher) and also has two receiving TD's at TE.

Dane Brugler says that there are "several" NFL teams looking at him.

Video on him at the link.

PSAC Sack Leader Larry Webster | WNEP.com — Scranton / Wilkes-Barre / Hazleton

And he has NFL bloodlines too. His dad was Larry Webster Jnr of the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

looks solid, the ND defense is tied for 1st in PPG with 'Bama, Te'o is the heart and sole of that D, but they have a lot of good players. They are very good against the run, only 2 rushing TDs all season, very strong up the middle with Nix, Te'o and Motta.

He also has one of the more awesome profile pictures.

7974918.jpeg

Good, he can push the players worth drafting in the first down to us.

What was his injury again? Could he play at the senior bowl?

He also has one of the more awesome profile pictures.

7974918.jpeg

Good, he can push the players worth drafting in the first down to us.

What was his injury again? Could he play at the senior bowl?

1. So you're not a fan of Ogletree then?

2. Jenkins had a lisfranc injury. Pretty sure I read that he'll be fine for the pre-draft stuff. Whether that includes the Senior Bowl or just the Combine/Pro Day I'm not sure.

3. Expect Mike Glennon to be pushing someone down too. Would be amazed if he's not a mid to high first rounder.

Last edited:
1. So you're not a fan of Ogletree then?

2. Jenkins had a lisfranc injury. Pretty sure I read that he'll be fine for the pre-draft stuff. Whether that includes the Senior Bowl or just the Combine/Pro Day I'm not sure.

3. Expect Mike Glennon to be pushing someone down too. Would be amazed if he's not a mid to high first rounder.

1. No I like him, but I think drafting another linebacker in the first round would be foolish. He wouldn't play enough. Unless Spikes gets an big offer from someone else, but I don't think he will. Even then, I don't know if it's a good idea. The current scheme is multiple, but largely 4-3 base, 4-2 nickel, and 4-1 dime. Linebackers are devalued.

2. That's not too serious. I figure he can still go pretty high if he tests well and plays in the SB well. The FSU coaches thought enough of him to play him over Carradine.

3. I've come to realize I haven't seen any NC State this season.

1. No I like him, but I think drafting another linebacker in the first round would be foolish. He wouldn't play enough. Unless Spikes gets an big offer from someone else, but I don't think he will. Even then, I don't know if it's a good idea. The current scheme is multiple, but largely 4-3 base, 4-2 nickel, and 4-1 dime. Linebackers are devalued.

2. That's not too serious. I figure he can still go pretty high if he tests well and plays in the SB well. The FSU coaches thought enough of him to play him over Carradine.

3. I've come to realize I haven't seen any NC State this season.

Just started really watching games now. Started with NC State. Glennon is impressing me. Has a serious arm. At the end of the process, I can see him going #1.

Now watching NC State and FSU. At that point of the season, not only did Carradine lead the team in sacks, also led them in tackles. That's pretty impressive.

Just wrote about Michael Mauti
Michael Mauti- 2013 NFL Draft Scouting Report
Stay away. And not just because of his injury issues. Though I definitely did enjoy ranting in paragraphs 2 and 3

Yeah, I'm smart because I wrote a negative review about a guy who had his 3rd major knee injury. Gee. I'm really smart. Because, I used torque in my scouting report. Therefore, none of my conclusions can be disputed. Because the guy will never be healthy enough to step on the field. I read the same crap about Sean Lee, Posluszny and Connor. One is an all pro, one is a good NFL player and the other is a borderline starter/backup in the NFL. For some reason, younger draftniks hate white prospects. They want to draft a beast!!

Last edited:
Just started really watching games now. Started with NC State. Glennon is impressing me. Has a serious arm. At the end of the process, I can see him going #1.

Now watching NC State and FSU. At that point of the season, not only did Carradine lead the team in sacks, also led them in tackles. That's pretty impressive.

Are you ever going to answer my questions about the WRs? :confused:

Put him in your mocks now guys. Zach Boren is going to be a Patriot. Plays for Meyer, captain, fullback, special teams, and now defense. The senior fullback has played linebacker for the last five games and already totaled 41 tackles including 12 in the most recent game vs Wisconsin. Welcome to Foxboro, Zach!

Tavon Austin had the most unbelievable game I can recall seeing since Reggie Bush's game against Fresno St in 05. He'd been playing wr for the most part this year. He had 14 carries for 103 yards. They move him to rb and he goes for 344 yards on 21 carries!! Against Oklahoma. Not William & Mary. Oh, he also had 4 catches for 82 yards. And, he had 146 yards on 8 returns. A nice tidy 572 yard evening. Oh my! On the season he has 100 catches for 1050 yards and 11 td's. Last year he had 101 catches for 1186 yards and 8 td's.

I still want defense, defense and defense in the first 3 rounds. But, this kid can play.

I LOVED SEAN LEE!!!! LOVED HIM!!!! AS INSTINCTIVE AS LUKE KUECHLY!!!! I LOVED HIM!!!!

I admit it may have been bad timing. But, more importantly, I said I wasn't a doctor, and I can't talk about his injury issues.

Yeah, I'm smart because I wrote a negative review about a guy who had his 3rd major knee injury. Gee. I'm really smart. Because, I used torque in my scouting report. Therefore, none of my conclusions can be disputed. Because the guy will never be healthy enough to step on the field. I read the same crap about Sean Lee, Posluszny and Connor. One is an all pro, one is a good NFL player and the other is a borderline starter/backup in the NFL. For some reason, younger draftniks hate white prospects. They want to draft a beast!!

I promise you, I loved Sean Lee. I had him as a first rounder all the way. But Mauti is no Lee. Lee's instincts are as good as those of Luke Kuechly. Mauti is no Lee, and no Kuechly. I promise you that.

Here's proof I liked Lee. I wrote this article before I began writing for nflmocks.com. I've become a much better writer since, but this is my "Dallas Cowboys-2010 Draft Review" written when I was just 13 years old.
The Scouting Database: Dallas Cowboys- 2010 Draft Review
I loved Kuechly too. I don't have a prejudice against those kind of guys. I just don't think Mauti is a good player.

Last edited:

This is what I said with regard to his durability issues:

"Mauti has a ton of durability concerns. But I’m going to let my readers in on a little secret; I am NOT a doctor. I am by no means a credible source as to what kind of long term problems his injury issues will have. All I know is that he suffered his third season ending knee injury last week and has missed other games due to head, knee, and shoulder injuries. But I’m not by any means going to question an NFL team’s evaluation of a player’s durability issues. NFL teams for one, have much more detailed descriptions of the injuries, and, two, have team doctors that can analyze an injury’s long term impact. I am not a doctor. I will let his injury issues affect my opinion of him no more or less than other scouts. I’ll just take there word for it. Because who am I to say that I know more?"

Could I have been more humble?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back